Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

TT C6Z 0-150 speedo pull

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 12:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow TT C6Z 0-150 speedo pull

Threw my GoPro on DSX Tuning's car last night at the track, this was on wastegate pressure (12psi). Super tight converter, but it dead hooks lol. Built by CBI Streetcars of course

Working on the longer track video now, SUBSCRIBE so you don't miss it!

This is the only T42 4L80 in a C6Z06 out there. I asked Dave to give a quick blurb of why that's important, Dave's explanation (pretty cool IMO):

T42 is what's required to control a trans with a modern ECM.

The T42 is the GM trans controller. It communicates over the CAN network to receive all required information. As a result, you get a transmission that is controlled off of engine torque instead of random things like pedal position or boost pressure.

Plus, you aren't tapping into analog signals which can actually skew them. A lot of people have issues with reduced engine power because tapping the throttle signal ***** with the TAC module.

The T42 pulls all of that off the data network, allows for torque management, and allows for complete control through HP Tuners. Also, the ECM is able to recognize the difference between park/neutral and in gear, and consequently can properly control idle.

It also gives complete diagnostics. I get a check engine light if something in the trans is fucked up instead of trying to trouble shoot.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:15 PM
CNB
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice! That gets up there really fast!

Quick Reply: TT C6Z 0-150 speedo pull