Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Raving Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 05:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Default Raving Reviews.

I had a thread up asking for feedback on these, but I feel like I have the format nailed down now. I guess it's time for an official thread. The basic idea here is to showcase the known issues of popular used cars in a funny way. Anyone that has owned these cars should understand where I am coming from. I still welcome feedback, but my style is unlikely to change.

All of these videos are NSFW due to foul language. I have 13 of these, but I will only post up the Fbody and Mustang ones.

The first one in the series, the audio is terrible and the rooster needed to die, but it was the start.

By the time I got to the third gen video, I had changed the style. Audio was still crap thanks to my mic, but it was way better than the first.

On to my latest and likely final format. I will be getting a better camera soon, but everything else is going to stay the same. The mustang trilogy.

Old 10-22-2016, 02:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Latest video.

Old 10-22-2016, 09:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Only watched the first one and you covered them pretty damn well. Definitely had a good laugh at the last 30 seconds when you mentioned the locks/light switch thing. Those things were literally ****.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
Only watched the first one and you covered them pretty damn well. Definitely had a good laugh at the last 30 seconds when you mentioned the locks/light switch thing. Those things were literally ****.
Oh yeah. I definitely capture my frustrations with all of these cars.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

New one. As I said in the notes, this is kind of my forgotten episode. I've been going back and forth with this, never really liking the script, but I got a request for this. Tweaked it until I was happy with it.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ehh... the gm ones are a little overboard. ragging on **** in 2016 is easy cause its **** now. during its time it was not nearly that bad. The LT1 you rag on way too much. I have rarely had issues with these if you take care of it like every other engine.

i did like the interior parts of the 4th gen lol
Old 11-14-2016, 01:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Camaro350Z28
ehh... the gm ones are a little overboard. ragging on **** in 2016 is easy cause its **** now. during its time it was not nearly that bad. The LT1 you rag on way too much. I have rarely had issues with these if you take care of it like every other engine.

i did like the interior parts of the 4th gen lol
Not arguing that they weren't better new, I am more looking at the average crap that you'd find on craigslist now. I've just had terrible luck with the LT1 over the years. My 93 formula didn't have many problems, but I didn't have it that long.

My 92 vette though.... Wow. When I got it, it was misfiring badly. TPS and MAP sensors were shot. Intake was leaking oil, resealed it, still leaked. Opti died, water pump died. Heard what I thought was a top end ticking, I swapped in an LT4 hotcam, turned out it was a rod knock, went 30 miles before I spun the bearings. Got a B body motor, slapped it in, didn't get the oil drive gear set, spun those bearings. Rebuilt that block properly and the rear main was PUKING everywhere. No idea why, didn't care why.

Had a 97 Formula. Head gaskets looked like a chest burster got after it. Oil leaks out the wazoo. Brother in law had a 94 Firehawk, oil leaks, opti died, etc.

So you should be able to see my anger at that motor. Granted a lot of those were pieces of **** when I got them, and I admittedly fucked up the replacement motor in the corvette. I have the 94 Impala right now and I was totally shocked that it doesn't leak oil. Here's hoping that it doesn't give me fits.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow, been a while since I updated this. I have a few new ones out.

Quick Reply: Raving Reviews.