Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

pocono east road course video

Old 04-28-2005, 11:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default pocono east road course video

http://www.ponycars.net/poceast05.htm

this may sound weird, but this track gave me as much or MORE fun than lime rock. its slower but very technical. pretty hard on brakes.

i ran with the upper intermediate group for the first two sessions.
i was held up a lot in the first session and didn't really get any open road.
second session was much better. i got on the grid early so i would be the first car on track in the group. this was great and i set a really fast lap time of 1:12:92, which turned out to be the fastest time of the day for the event. but it came at a cost - i corded my front right kumho. no big deal because they were old and i knew this was gonna be their last event (i just hoped they would have lasted the event).

i was put into the expert group for the last two sessions.
so i switched to my 5 year old street tires, bridgestone potenza RE71's.
and the rain came. and we raced in the rain. and it was a white knuckle experience. and i spun. which i have on video.
for the last session, the rain stopped. i never RR'ed with street tires in the dry, so it was very very very fun. the tires were very audible and the car was so tossable. i was throwing that car around. i think my best lap was high 1:16's.

one of the guys in the expert group came over after the session to say how much fun he had following me. he has a 430 rwhp supra (he said he lowered the boost a little for today). he was following me for a few laps; he has R compounds i was on normal streets. i gave him the pass signal but he didn't take it; he said he liked my lines. but he did take the pass a few laps later, but i stayed right on his butt. he felt the pressure. he tried to late brake to put some space between us, but he couldn't make the turn off the long straight and missed the turn! haha sucka!! i got that on video too. we laughed about that afterwards together. really cool guy. sweet supra. we joked because supra's and F-bodies are not more common on the road courses.

i let a lotus elise pass me too. he had R compounds too and was an animal in the turns. i let him pass on the straight and it felt like it took forever for him to pass - weak *** 4 banger. haha jk. thats an awesome track car, but with a turbo, it would destroy every other car. as it turns out, my times with the kumho's were about 2-3 seconds faster than the lotus, so HP trumps the flyweights on this course.

a guy with a 350Z track package with a supercharger and R compounds came up to me and said i was too aggressive and asked if this was my first HPDE event. that was funny. he said his instructor told him i was too aggressive. i laughed and said don't worry about it because they moved me up to the expert group. that changed his tune; he's like man your car is fast. what chu done to it?
Old 04-28-2005, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice run, where do u live in jersey? Im form West Long BRanch Monmouth County. I would love to see your car.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:07 PM
10 Second Club

thanks. i know your area well. grew up in marlboro. now live in branchburg, near bridgewater.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Resident

Those are great pics...Was wondering one thing, are you still(OTher than the 12 bolt)on stock suspension? Couple of your pics show some pretty good body roll, and nose dive(Hard breaking will do that)....Just curious is all man...

I enjoyed reading that...Made me laugh real good. Especially abou tthe guy with the 350Z.....Thanks for sharing...
Old 04-28-2005, 07:57 PM
TECH Resident

Just got done watching the vid...That is some good stuff....Love the way teh car sounds, and that track looks like heller fun!! Must be fun to have people wave you past them......
I got to find a track close to me... I wanna try that ****!!! I tlooks like much fun!
Thanks Again!!
Old 04-28-2005, 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00TAProject
are you still(OTher than the 12 bolt)on stock suspension?
yo! thanks. everything on the suspension has been upgraded except the springs. still have stock springs and that really contributes to the brake dive/ rear being jacked up. if you look at my sig, click on my website. there is a drop down menu at the top, and choose the MODIFICATIONS page and you'll see it all
Old 05-01-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

sweet!
Old 05-02-2005, 11:43 AM
12 Second Club

Great pics and video, I will do pocono hopefully in August, a couple of my buddies are doing the may event
Old 05-02-2005, 07:41 PM
10 Second Club

thanks. i was gonna do the may event but had to back out.
more pics:
http://gallery.pdadrivingschool.com/...POC_Mclub_3408

http://gallery.pdadrivingschool.com/...POC_Mclub_3493

http://gallery.pdadrivingschool.com/...POC_Mclub_9773

http://gallery.pdadrivingschool.com/...POC_Mclub_9774

http://gallery.pdadrivingschool.com/...POC_Mclub_9816
Old 05-03-2005, 06:54 AM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=2MCHPWR]thanks. i was gonna do the may event but had to back out.
The MAy event filled up pretty quickly

Search this Thread