Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

help using photoshop 3.0.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 05:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help using photoshop 3.0.....

ok i have the photoshop elements 3.0. iv seen a few sig pix that have cars that are faded over another picture or just the same car just diff parts of it. how do you do that? how can i make it to where i can see through one layer into the next?? iv been trying to figure this out for a while.. acutally 5hrs if anyone could help me that would be great thanks

Last edited by Firechicken1995; 07-13-2005 at 05:26 AM.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:17 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can do it one of two ways. well there's actually a million ways but this is how I usually do it.

1. Put the one layer on top of the other, and change it's opacity percentage. To do this, adjust your layers how you want, open the 'layers' window, and in the top right there should be a percentage indicator next to the word 'opacity'. click it, and move the slider until you get the level of transparency you want.

2. Other way to do it if you're looking for a custom blend is to select the eraser tool, and then set what percentage of the layer you want to erase, or rather how hard you want to press the eraser. There should be an indicator near the top menu in the main window that says 'opacity'. Click this and change the amount, and then custom draw your transparency.

Play around with this, you'll see what I mean. Good luck!

Brad