Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Looking for Vette racing European Exotic

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 10:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

Default Looking for Vette racing European Exotic

I saw a video several months ago. It started out in a parking lot in Europe and it was full of Exotic cars and there was a Blue Z06 with a few mods. Then it goes to them pulling out of the parking lot and doing some serious racing on the autoban. It was a real good video and I am wanting to show some friends over here in Iraq it. Thanks for any help.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 #4541
I saw a video several months ago. It started out in a parking lot in Europe and it was full of Exotic cars and there was a Blue Z06 with a few mods. Then it goes to them pulling out of the parking lot and doing some serious racing on the autoban. It was a real good video and I am wanting to show some friends over here in Iraq it. Thanks for any help.
http://www.spdkilz.org/Video-Audio/C...%20Exotics.wmv

I'd like thanks Crleton for his awesome site that has almost every single vid that has a vette anyway Enjoy & god bless ya guys

peace

Last edited by bad95killer; 05-21-2006 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:23 PM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Holy **** that was awesome. The 911 turbo was the only one that could hang with a lightly modded Z06. Amazing.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That is a great ******* video.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Teching In

man that is a bad *** vid!! but did anyone eles notis how young the dude driving the z06 was
Old 05-21-2006, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by msgZ28
Holy **** that was awesome. The 911 turbo was the only one that could hang with a lightly modded Z06. Amazing.
Uhh, it was more like the guy behind the wheel wasn't stupid enough to run against anything other than a 360 or a Gallardo because when he did he found out what was up. The red Diablo AND the black 996 Turbo S would have no doubt stomped the guy in the Corvette. What exactly does "lightly" modded mean anyway? I remember this video from the first time it popped up. What has this guy done to his car?

In any case, in most of those situations all he does is pull even and get on it barely giving the other guys a chance to figure out what's going on. The 996 looks like it would have beat the Vette and the Diablo was outpacing the Corvette until he let off. The Gallardos and the 360s on the other hand. Frankly I'm not surprised the 360s got spanked. And if there is one car in that vid that is about dead even with the Vette in terms of performance from the factory it's the Gallardo so the fact that a slightly modded Z06 beat a few isn't a surprise.

I'd be interested in knowing what would happen when the Corvette hit 5th gear. With the Z06s shorter gearing there to save gas there's no doubt in my mind that the majority of those cars would have ended up passing the helpless Corvette. Don't get me wrong, that was a great vid and some good runs. But beating up on 360s and Gallaros in a slightly modded Z06 isn't something he should be cocky about. Let me see him take that Diablo or that 996 Turbo S and then I'll be bowing down.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bruddah_man_matt
Uhh, it was more like the guy behind the wheel wasn't stupid enough to run against anything other than a 360 or a Gallardo because when he did he found out what was up. The red Diablo AND the black 996 Turbo S would have no doubt stomped the guy in the Corvette. What exactly does "lightly" modded mean anyway? I remember this video from the first time it popped up. What has this guy done to his car?

In any case, in most of those situations all he does is pull even and get on it barely giving the other guys a chance to figure out what's going on. The 996 looks like it would have beat the Vette and the Diablo was outpacing the Corvette until he let off. The Gallardos and the 360s on the other hand. Frankly I'm not surprised the 360s got spanked. And if there is one car in that vid that is about dead even with the Vette in terms of performance from the factory it's the Gallardo so the fact that a slightly modded Z06 beat a few isn't a surprise.

I'd be interested in knowing what would happen when the Corvette hit 5th gear. With the Z06s shorter gearing there to save gas there's no doubt in my mind that the majority of those cars would have ended up passing the helpless Corvette. Don't get me wrong, that was a great vid and some good runs. But beating up on 360s and Gallaros in a slightly modded Z06 isn't something he should be cocky about. Let me see him take that Diablo or that 996 Turbo S and then I'll be bowing down.
What ever dude. It is some good runs against cars that cost double or more than what the Vette does.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

The Z06 is owned by phantasms (same guy who just stomped the Ford GT with his blk C6Z06) and has LT Headers,cai and a cat-back. The car ran 11.70's@120mph I believe, I'm sure he'll chime in. I'd put money on that car against any of the cars you mention in a 1/4mi. race, the porsche being the biggest threat. To call a car helpless when it can beat extics costing 3X the price in a straight line and around a road course is ridiculous. I do believe the Diablo would have pulled on it in the long run as the Z doesn't have much happening in 5th but not bad for a 50K car.
BTW, he is good friends with the guy in the blk porsche and it's a driver's race everytime.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02ZOh6
The Z06 is owned by phantasms (same guy who just stomped the Ford GT with his blk C6Z06) and has LT Headers,cai and a cat-back. The car ran 11.70's@120mph I believe, I'm sure he'll chime in. I'd put money on that car against any of the cars you mention in a 1/4mi. race, the porsche being the biggest threat. To call a car helpless when it can beat extics costing 3X the price in a straight line and around a road course is ridiculous. I do believe the Diablo would have pulled on it in the long run as the Z doesn't have much happening in 5th but not bad for a 50K car.
BTW, he is good friends with the guy in the blk porsche and it's a driver's race everytime.

Don't get me wrong, I thought they were great runs. The one against the 996 and Diablo were close and definitely showed what a Z06 is capable of with just a few mods. It's just that people give that video too much praise IMO. Great production and what not but he's pretty much playing bully by picking on the "lesser" exotics if you know what I mean. That's like showing up to drag race against an NSX with an SS or a WS6. A third of the cost but we all know what's going to happen.

I'm pretty much playing devil's advocate here because when that video was first posted there was a lot of "Ferraris suck, Lambos suck, Porsches suck" being thrown around which isn't true at all. Not to mention the Z06 isn't stock and this guy seems like he knows how to drive the **** out of it. Now if he took his C6 Z06 out against those very same cars... well let's just say that unless the other car is the F50 or Enzo which were shown earlier, we all know who's going to win.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

somebody got smart an bought an american car!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 08:26 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bad95killer
http://www.spdkilz.org/Video-Audio/C...%20Exotics.wmv

I'd like thanks Crleton for his awesome site that has almost every single vid that has a vette anyway Enjoy & god bless ya guys

peace

Thanks for finding that link for me. It has been a long time since I saw it and have told a lot of my buddies over here about it. Thanks again.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smile

very nice vid. wow great car for half thier prices or maybe less.
thanks for the link bad95killer.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm pretty much playing devil's advocate here because when that video was first posted there was a lot of "Ferraris suck, Lambos suck, Porsches suck" being thrown around which isn't true at all.
I agree, they definately do not suck. I would trade my car for any of those in the vid, even if my car went low 10's.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:38 PM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Great production and what not but he's pretty much playing bully by picking on the "lesser" exotics if you know what I mean.

I'm pretty much playing devil's advocate here because when that video was first posted there was a lot of "Ferraris suck, Lambos suck, Porsches suck" being thrown around which isn't true at all.
Since when were Ferraris and Lamborginis the lesser exotics? I always thought they were the cream of the crop. They're rare even over here and in Italy (which is a short drive away and I visit often). Why are you trying to knock the Z06 for legitimate kills? In several of those races, the exotics seemed to get the jump, and they were definitely at WOT.

Also, no one was knocking the exotics. The only thing that has been said in this thread was that the Z06 cost 1/3 the price of the exotics. Which is a fact. Not an insult. Why would you not praise a car for offering that kind of performance for the price?

EDIT: Just now saw that you said "when the video was first posted" they were knocking exotics. Sorry about that and at least this time no one has said anything.

Last edited by msgZ28; 05-22-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bad *** video. I wanna know the mods on the Z06

-Matt
Old 05-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Originally Posted by ls1_chevelle
Bad *** video. I wanna know the mods on the Z06
-Matt
It was shown in the video and stated above in the thread.
Originally Posted by 02ZOh6
has LT Headers,cai and a cat-back.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:34 PM
NKAWTG...N

Ah good video. Pretty impressive what our cars can do with limited mods. The guys on the Lambo forum got pretty bent out of shape about this video. But you know at the end of the day, he is still in a Corvette and everyone else is still in a Ferrari, Porshe, Lamborghini...I'd rather have those 3.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:43 PM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Can you post a link to that thread in the lambo forum? Might be amusing.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by msgZ28
Since when were Ferraris and Lamborginis the lesser exotics? I always thought they were the cream of the crop. They're rare even over here and in Italy (which is a short drive away and I visit often). Why are you trying to knock the Z06 for legitimate kills? In several of those races, the exotics seemed to get the jump, and they were definitely at WOT.

Also, no one was knocking the exotics. The only thing that has been said in this thread was that the Z06 cost 1/3 the price of the exotics. Which is a fact. Not an insult. Why would you not praise a car for offering that kind of performance for the price?

EDIT: Just now saw that you said "when the video was first posted" they were knocking exotics. Sorry about that and at least this time no one has said anything.
"lesser" is in quotes because while they're cream of the crop cars the 360 and the Gallardo are the entry level Pasta rockets. Murcielagos, 575s, the upcoming 599 and the like are the "big dogs" if you will. My thing was that the guy was being kinda cocky in those vids by waving at them when if I had to bet on either of those cars I'd bet on the Z06, even in stock form. I was just a bit as to why he thought that was big enough to brag about. Stock for stock I'd bet on a C5 Z06 taking a 360.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:48 AM
Teching In

"lesser" is in quotes because while they're cream of the crop cars the 360 and the Gallardo are the entry level Pasta rockets. Murcielagos, 575s, the upcoming 599 and the like are the "big dogs" if you will. My thing was that the guy was being kinda cocky in those vids by waving at them when if I had to bet on either of those cars I'd bet on the Z06, even in stock form. I was just a bit as to why he thought that was big enough to brag about. Stock for stock I'd bet on a C5 Z06 taking a 360.
We know that the 360 and the Gallardo are entry level cars for the Italian Exotics... But as for being too cocky about beating them in a Chevy... Well let's compare the same money difference in the good old U.S.A. Alright lets say the Z06 was $50k, and the Gallardo and 360 were $250k... Saving 200k and still beating them is enough of a bragging right IMO... So here in America it would be like a $10k Hyundai beating a $50k Z06... Just for a little comparison in price... Now if anyone ever had a Hyundai that capable (which no one ever has or probabaly will lol ) It would cause the same stir that everyone has their pantys in a bunch for right now... At the end of the day it's still a Hyundai vs. Z06... As it is still a Ferrari and a Lamborghini vs. a Chevy... So to make a long story short(er) if I owned the Z06 I would be the cockiest ******* in the world... Shattering filthy rich old mens dreams by beating their Uber expensive and state of the art supercars in a domestic muscle car... IMO