Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

I dont know really where or how to put this... R.I.P. my LS1 you wont be forgotten

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I dont know really where or how to put this... R.I.P. my LS1 you wont be forgotten

Well i dont know exactly how to start this but Ill start from the top. I took out the car last night, friday, was planning on crusing to the local town car show, haven't really been able to drive her due to work and a busy schedule. Not even 5 minutes away from my house, Im crossing a side street intersection. Before i could break I see a car come SPEEDING down to my left and he smashes right into the front driver side of her. This ****** punk 16 year old blew the stop sign goin about 60 mph on a 20mph (if that). THANKFULLY I was not injured, not to mention killed. The force of the impact blew both my air bags and just ripped my front apart. If i was to be hit on the driver door it wouldn't have been too good. I jumped out of the car immediately due to fluids spilling all over the place. I was in a crazy shock, not really cause of the crash, cause of my damn car. Its unbelievable how pissed i was at this kid. I ran up to the other car, which landed about 50 feet down the street (he didn't even attempt to hit the brakes, whiteness say he hit the gas) and I was screaming "who the F*CK was driving this car!" 3 people just stood their with blanks on their faces. (im guessing passengers in the car, it all happened so fast I didn't even see what kinda car it was, or how many people were in it. A couple neighbors came and ripped me away cause i had this kids throat in my hands. Police and ambulance came. Half of the damn town was outside, they couldn't believe what happened.

Just seeing my car, sitting there, destroyed, was just horrible. All the time, effort, hard work and money i put into her. made tears fall. Im sure anyone who has been in this position has felt that. I seriously was trying to think and comprehend how it all happened like that, I still cant believe it.

Since it was all HIS fault, im sueing and pressing charges. I have a great loyuer to help me out. I will get what the blue book value is worth and he will have to pay for the **** that I had in that car. Im not sure how things will turn out yet but you can bet your *** I will not stop till i get what I think i should get for her. Im pretty sure it is a total loss. I dont want to have them fix it IF it can be fixed. It will not be the same car at all anymore. and to top it off this little **** tried to blame it on ME! thats when everyone (the whitnesses) just were going crazy, they couldn't believe it! Then they weren't sure if THAT kid was driving or not! not too mention the cops were complete A**HOLES.

My brother and I planned on salvaging everything that we can on the car (if we don't need to fight with the insurance) we plan to pull the motor,trans,rear ect. but i dont know yet, the insurance company might want it. rims, gauges, tires, spoiler.

I hope this doesn't happen to any of you like it did to me. people say its just a car and yea i understand that, but with these its like a brother hood. Im thankful i am alright and everything. I guarantee I will be back bigger and harder cause of this. I already did some quick searching online for a new car, I plan on getting a SS or WS6. im gonna need something to replace this and its gonna take alot. She was what started it all. and if anyone would be able to give some advice or if you had the same experience I had, please feel free to post. Or if any of you know some good deals on F-bods in the Chicago Area (im looking but thought id give here a shot too) lemme know!
I posted some pics of her. I needed her in my backyard, the final resting place. GOD I LOVED THAT CAR!

Old 06-03-2006, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry man Look to build something even better!
Old 06-03-2006, 07:01 PM
TECH Addict

Glad to see your ok, sucks about the car. I think i would have kicked the **** out of them and when cops arrived just said i had no clue thats how they came out of the car.
-Joel
Old 06-03-2006, 07:15 PM
12 Second Club

man bro im truly sorry that happened to you glad ur ok as for the car may it R.I.P. *tips his forty over*
Old 06-03-2006, 07:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

that really sucks, Good luck finding another one. I don't know what I would do if that happened to me
Old 06-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

sons-a-bitches...

Sorry for your loss.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

man thats terrible to hear. hope you get all the money out of it tht you hoped for. and good luck with your next car. and don't worry i know how you feel. i wrecked my t/a exactly a week after i got it. bald tires+rain= wreck.

josh
Old 06-03-2006, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

hey man take every thing u can from that car i do mean everything i took my tach my gauges LCA's muffler tips and i did not try the engine but i am sure i could of...if i were u i would take the cam headers intake i mean if all of its aftermarket
Old 06-03-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

internal engine is pretty much stock. i got lifters, rockers, valvs, some head work. you better believe im talking all of it, thats if the insurance will let me. when they give me the check for what its worth (Stock) they usally want how the car is, minus the stuff I put on. so obviously they will want the motor, but im hoping i can take it. cause i do have some stuff in there. if not, ill rip apart the top end, take whats mine and let them have it after i strip my ****. the other guy will be paying for how much money i put into it.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey man sorry !! at leas u didnt get hurt! hope u get ur money back
Old 06-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Launching!

HOLY **** THAT IS AWFUL. my stomach hurts thinking about that. wow, I am so sorry to hear that you lost your car. Good news is that you are ok, and it is totally the punk *** kids fault.

Dude don't sue for just the cost. Sue for more, you could have been killed. 60+ in a 20...well around here if he was going 40+ that would be count of attempted vehicular manslaughter. Go for at least double or somtin.

Then you can try to find a low mile replacement, get all your mods back, and more.

Sorry again to hear about your traumatic event. Hope everything works out.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Launching!

can i buy your 12bolt
sorry for your loss
Old 06-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Teching In

I know the feeling...

I went from this...

to this...

Honestly if you think you think you call pull this off then buy the car back. My car was considered totalled and I bought it back from the insurance company for $700 and then preceded to sell the wheels and tires for $900, rear-end for $250, control arms for $130, shifter for $90, throttle body and plenum for $200, $150 for rear bumper and I still have people asking for parts and stuff as we speak.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Launching!

Sorry about your car. it looks like it was a very nice ride.

Eventhough I know you said you didnt want to fix it and said it would never be the same and I totally understand but I just wanted to let ya know that mine was in just bout that bad of shape before and i fixed, it did take a lot of work and time dont get me wrong but now its in better condition actually then it was before and you would never know. And plus after something like that and doing most of the work yourself it makes you more proud of the car. Atleast it did for me. I noticed in your pics that the doors seem to line up fine and the T-Tops arent broke or popped out or anything so the main frame must still be pretty straight. But I just thought I would share my side of the story for you and I realize and totally respect where you are coming from with not wanting to fix it and buy a whole nother car.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

rest in peace....... **** that!!! reserect that BEAST

i'm truly sorry, thank god no one is seriously hurt.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:33 PM
Launching!

I'd try to get a helluva lot more than replacement value for the car. I'd be doing background checks to see if this idiot has a sordid past. I'd be looking for ways to sue this morons parents. Then after it's all over, I'd be at the chevy dealer ordering my C6!

But that's just me
Old 06-03-2006, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very sorry. I have been in a couple (not my fault). Sorry to tell you this but you will be very upset with the kids insurance offer for your car. Are you injured? They will pay 3 times medical bills for soft injurys. To get more than 3 you need broken bones or deep cuts requiring stitches. Not worth suing if you were not hurt in the accident. Buy the car back and sell the parts.
Real sorry about you pride and joy. It really could have been worse. **** Happens!
Old 06-04-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would have totalled that ************'s head on the pavement. Happened to me once, and I am still angry three years later.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Well, the most important thing is that you are ok. The car can be replaced and rebuilt even better.

And justice will be served, make that little ****** pay for what he did, make him remember it for the rest of his life. That one stupid mistake that is going to ruin his credit and insurance. God I hate stupid people.

Looks like you have things set in motion though, props to you man!
Old 06-04-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Resident

Another instance where a lawyer is a saving grace.