Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda CRX vs 05 Toyota Corolla XRS

LOLOL!

http://salinasracing.com/videos/AcE/usmcvsgreko.wmv

Enjoy
Old 01-09-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

HAHAHAH!! It looked as though i could have beat them running on feet. Slow *** cars, why do people evn bother racing them?
Old 01-09-2007, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by brad8266
HAHAHAH!! It looked as though i could have beat them running on feet. Slow *** cars, why do people evn bother racing them?
LOL! I dont know. My friend with the Corolla just got it and wanted to smoke Hondas lol. The corolla is nice. He used to have a 4 door focus and he beat a modded Eclipse GST LOLOL!!! He was beaing V6 stangs too. Too Funny.

The guy in the CRX says he will beat me when he swaps his DOHC LS motor And he puts on his "slicks"..... His Falken Azenis Ill make sure to have video of that race.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AcE XBOX
LOL! I dont know. My friend with the Corolla just got it and wanted to smoke Hondas lol. The corolla is nice. He used to have a 4 door focus and he beat a modded Eclipse GST LOLOL!!! He was beaing V6 stangs too. Too Funny.

The guy in the CRX says he will beat me when he swaps his DOHC LS motor And he puts on his "slicks"..... His Falken Azenis Ill make sure to have video of that race.
beating ricers in a stock Corolla, 2 fast 2 furious, lol. Thats funny that he beats them too.

The CRX guy is your typical ricer, wait till i get (insert part that will never be had) and wait till I get NOS, ill smoke your POS V8. Dumbass ricers.

he shouldnt even be talking after a stock corolla beat his modded CRX.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

i raced my buddy after he did a full GSR swap, pistons, and blah blah blah into his completely gutted CRX he use to have and i raced him on the interstate starting from about 60 - 70 mph and stayed with him no prob. he pulled me about 1/2 a car length, 3/4 at the most due to my auto tranny shifting about as fast as an old lady with a walker crossing a 6 lane highway. He was like V8's *put his thumb down* and i was like well, my car may be loud but it's only a stock 3.8L v-6. He's like "....oh."
Old 01-09-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 97'RS6-BucketTurd
i raced my buddy after he did a full GSR swap, pistons, and blah blah blah into his completely gutted CRX he use to have and i raced him on the interstate starting from about 60 - 70 mph and stayed with him no prob. he pulled me about 1/2 a car length, 3/4 at the most due to my auto tranny shifting about as fast as an old lady with a walker crossing a 6 lane highway. He was like V8's *put his thumb down* and i was like well, my car may be loud but it's only a stock 3.8L v-6. He's like "....oh."
HAHAHA, I was thinking you were a LS1 there until the end. Damn ricers, a motor swappped gutted car just beats a V6 camaro, lol.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by brad8266
HAHAHA, I was thinking you were a LS1 there until the end. Damn ricers, a motor swappped gutted car just beats a V6 camaro, lol.
LOL i'd probably beat him now, i bought the B&M shift improvement switch dealy, and i'm running straight off the headers with a bullet muffler, and my intake is a better flowing set-up now.
Nothing impressive to say the least. my car is a turd and i'll be the first to say it, hell look at my name. lol, i just thought it was hilarious when he thought i had a v-8. Oh well, ignorance is bliss.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

LOL I thought the camera would run out of memory before the cars reached a quarter mile.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by rustylt1
LOL I thought the camera would run out of memory before the cars reached a quarter mile.
HAHAHAHA
Old 01-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Teching In

corolla XRS is equipped with a good motor and decent transmission (6 speed in the xrs), its the same motor found in the lotus elise exige models and base models. Its the 2zz-ge yamaha built engine, redlines in stock form 8200rpms, and has alot of room for improvement. It features VVTL-I which is variable valve timing lift-intelligent, which is basically valve timing + cam timing. I believe in the near future when it recieves more aftermarket behind it (which it dosent have now)...they will really show there performance.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by firebirdvert305
corolla XRS is equipped with a good motor and decent transmission (6 speed in the xrs), its the same motor found in the lotus elise exige models and base models. Its the 2zz-ge yamaha built engine, redlines in stock form 8200rpms, and has alot of room for improvement. It features VVTL-I which is variable valve timing lift-intelligent, which is basically valve timing + cam timing. I believe in the near future when it recieves more aftermarket behind it (which it dosent have now)...they will really show there performance.
why is yamaha building motors for the mighty toyota?
Old 01-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Oh my GAWD!! Now that is FASSSTT!! But for real now, the XRS Corolla's aren't all that slow: 0-60 in 7.5sec and 1/4 in 15.7@90mph.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Yamaha has always been building motors for car manufactures. Ford has had a good relationship with them...there duratec motor is based off yahamas design. Who knows why Toyota asked them to build the motor for them. I currently own a 2zz engine, and its a great engine. The crossover to "lift" as they call it, is very noticeable, its not as flat like the honda K-series power curve is, its like a sudden rush in power at 6500rpms.This engine is also available in the matrix, corolla, lotus, celica gt-s. Seems to be a very relaible engine so far, i take mine to 8400 on a daily driven basis.