Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Whats wrong with my Digital cam?

Old 02-02-2007, 03:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Whats wrong with my Digital cam?

well i have a Hp photosmart digital camera i know its not top of the line but i was dissapointed when i tried to record my car.sounds like i have the window down but they were fully up .Is their a setting on the cam that i need to change or what listen to the clips nothing but pure static. and my cars very loud so maybe that has somthign to do with it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVFJQ9bg_SU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33m38jfgHLM
Old 02-02-2007, 03:51 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm. How does it do when you're not in your car? Almost sounds like some type of electrical interference.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:01 PM
12 Second Club

its almost the exact same when outside the car i thaugh about electrical interference also .So i took it outside and its the same .I dont knwo if i may have the settigns screwed up or what.Ive been looking at geting a sony camera later on if i cant fix this one
Old 02-02-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think its in the settings, maybe there's something plugging the mic opening? Might be a soft/hardware glitch. Did ya just get it?
Old 02-02-2007, 04:15 PM
12 Second Club

no i have had it for about a year and just took pictures with it .i originaly baught it for my mom to use for get togethers .It takes pics fine but the videos is what i cant figure out ..but im looking at gettin me a either panasonic or kodak camera later on
Old 02-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Banned

it has no wind cut like other cameras do hp cameras suck *** sorry man./
Old 02-03-2007, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

I picked up a Canon sd600, it takes nice pics and the video mode has settings for 15/30/60 fps. Its priced around 230.00 so its a good deal.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:58 PM
12 Second Club

ya i mean hp is a ok camera for like family outings but im gettin into taking pics so ill upgrade soon .hopefully before the Sumernites Cruise in ky ..i have to have some good pics to many nice cars not to
Old 02-03-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

My little hpM425 works great. Vids are sub-par but pictures are descent. Great budget camera, I'd just call hp about it. All these were taken with it.

Exhaust clip

Wrecked TA Burnout

Old 02-04-2007, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

but it sounded like it was working ok, at the end of the first video, when the open door sound came on.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls1chris
ya i mean hp is a ok camera for like family outings but im gettin into taking pics so ill upgrade soon .hopefully before the Sumernites Cruise in ky ..i have to have some good pics to many nice cars not to
Shoot yea, you CAN NOT go to one of those without a camera! You know I never have.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a HP Photosmart 635...the WORST camera I've ever owned...EVER.

The video taking feature did exactly the same, you can either send it back to HP which I called and asked them about, OR...you can try to sell it and get another camera.

Nikon, FujiFilm, Canon...Three brands that wont do you wrong

Sorry about the camera man...HP / Compaq (no offense to other people and this is my personal opinion) makes the worst crap on the planet!
Old 03-04-2007, 01:20 AM
Launching!

dont know man looks like ur ready for a nother 1 though, lol when ever u get ready to go get 1 give me a holla and ill let u use the old d/c card
Old 03-04-2007, 09:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

I’m not sure exactly what wrong. But inside the mic there is a small diaphragm that oscillates back and forth as sound waves move across it. The movement of this creates a change in magnetic flux, which turns sound waves into small electrical current. If there is too much volume it could cause so much movement that it causes this diaphragm to break or it could cause the electrical current to heat up that it melts that insulations on the coil (almost the same as “blowing” a speaker). This is why it is dumb to have the camera so close to your exhaust when reving it, or sticking a camera outside your car with out the proper wind screens. - Possibly

It could also be from the road noise and engine noise combining and creating constructive and destructive interference. Which sound kind of like at some spots no sound is created and other spots to have amplified sound. - Not likely

It could also be settings or just the camera can not process the sound fast enough. Does it only sound like that on the computer or does it sound like that playing back from the camera? – Possibly

Sorry for the long reply... I am a physics major and sound and magnets are pretty cool

Search this Thread