Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Need advice on how to proceed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on how to proceed?

Responded to ad titled "FS:LS2 Heads Casting 243".
Seller has been a board member for over three years and has thirty-seven (37) glowing trader ratings.

Heads were said to be from his personal SUV with only 13K miles. It was pointed out that the heads had the stock (heavy) valves and the yellow valve springs.

Seller offered "picts tonight". Another prospective buyer had already responded to the ad. I emailed that I wanted to be "next in line" if negotiations failed.

Seller responded that other buyer wanted to trade -- he needed cash. Seller never posted picts, I never asked for them, based on his feedback (I know!, I know!). We made a deal for $ 475.00 delivered and I mailed M.O.

In about a week, I received a pair of very nicely packed Ls2 heads in excellent condition. I could see they had the 'D' shaped exhaust ports and yellow springs -- so into the parts washer.

The cleaned-up heads proved to be everything the seller had advertised ---
except they were 799 castings!!!

Re-read the FS ad, did some internet research on 799 castings and emailed seller that I had not received the promised 243 castings. Also stated that most guys wanted what they perceived to be "real" Ls6/Ls2 heads (243 castings). Asked for $ 50.00 deduct since (IMO) the 799 casting is a much less desirable (and therefore less valuable) head. Also explained that I had a set of new hollow stem Ls6 valves and specifically bought his heads to "make" Ls6 heads (impossible to do with 799 castings, IMO).

Seller responded that he "knew" he'd sent 243 heads and had photos from when they were on his vehicle). I responded that I would like to send photo's of what I received. Especially, since one head bore a very prominent bar code sticker that most likely displayed the same number as his engine block.

We agreed to exchange photos -- I sent mine right away. Seller has never responded (been over a week). Even after I inquired as to whether my photos were received. No further communication on his part -- no photo's, no nuthin!

So what should I do???

Possibly seller has convinced himself he delivered the correct parts (why offer photo's to back up his claims?). Maybe the seller truly never looked at the casting no. on his heads (until now, I was "sure" all Ls6/Ls2 heads were 243 castings).

I'm not saying I didn't get a reasonably good deal on a set of Ls2 heads. I just feel like I got "burned" by a potential "bait and switch" artist. If he thinks I'm a lying scam artist -- then "man-up" and tell me so!

If I leave bad feedback, I'm sure we'll get in a "pissing contest" and my reputation will be damaged along with his. Not sure it's worth it, but I really don't like to let somebody "crap all over me" and get away with it!

What say you?
Old 10-15-2008, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 243

IMO seller misrepresented heads he should offer some $ back to you. I have a set of each both used 799 and new 243 casting heads the 799's dont have the little casting triangle on them and they are sand cast - the ports are rougher than the 243's I paid $150 and $500 for the pairs he should give you back more than $50 IMO you paid for 243 heads and they are similar but not the same - either take them back or refund you an amount that both agree on if not all else you can do is leave appropriate feedback(negative) just my .02c good luck

Quick Reply: Need advice on how to proceed?