Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

LS1PLUS took the money and sold locked tuner RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1PLUS took the money and sold locked tuner RESOLVED

I sent ls1plus or Zane Beery 165.00 via paypal on Nov. 15th for a diablo tuner. After two weeks I did receive the tuner but it was vin locked or married to another vehicle. I called him and told him what was up and told him I was shipping it back to him to either unlock or return my money. I shipped it back the same day I received it. Since then he has not either refunded my money or shipped me an unlocked tuner. I can't seem to get him answer his phone or emails I have sent. I have disputed the claim with paypal and I am awaiting the results. I have read a couple of threads regarding this seller with similar stories. I just wanted to be sure that it is known he is not a straight up seller. I will still do everything in my power to recoup my money but in the meantime all I can do is make other members aware of this sellers trader record. Thanks for your time.
Matt
Old 12-23-2008, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Paypal made its ruling but it does me no good.

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and
will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include
issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take
action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss
the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that
it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:34 AM
TECH Resident

Default try this .

https://complaint.ic3.gov/ctf.aspx
Old 12-24-2008, 07:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by billyb
Thanks. I filed a criminal complaint and they are contacting law enforcement/DA office in his jurisdiction. I am filing a charge of theft under $500 after the Chief of Police, Michael McCoy, for Madison county returns to his office from the holidays on Monday in Mount Sterling, OH.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

After I received it back, I had talked to you. When i was out of town without my phone, you called the phone repeatedly and ran your mouth on text messages, even though i stated i didnt have my phone. I found out you were trying to get ahold of me because you called my parents house. I shipped the tuner around a holiday, so bitch at fedex for that one. So keep running your mouth all you want. The tuner has an id number that looks like a vin, if it is a vin, it is not mine. So i am going to call diablosport on there next day open to make sure that is not a vin and you arent trying to scam me, I can post a pic of this number and the first digits of my vin if you want to run your mouth some more....
Old 12-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

Going to try Diablosport in the morning, If not they should be open monday i would assume. Obviously the tune from Diablosport isnt in my car if it was tuned by HPtuners then efilive now.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:22 PM
11 Second Club

Kinda tough for him to scam you if he sent the tuner back to you.....
Old 12-26-2008, 04:38 AM
Staging Lane

Some people are not that smart though. I sold one the guy, loaded it into his car. said he could not get it to work on his car. I sent refund. When I recieved back I sold to another guy and the guy that had sent it back had installed it and it was vin locked to his car. Hope he has no problems but he will pay double to get it back.
Originally Posted by getusum
Old 12-26-2008, 06:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls1plus
After I received it back, I had talked to you. When i was out of town without my phone, you called the phone repeatedly and ran your mouth on text messages, even though i stated i didnt have my phone. I found out you were trying to get ahold of me because you called my parents house. I shipped the tuner around a holiday, so bitch at fedex for that one. So keep running your mouth all you want. The tuner has an id number that looks like a vin, if it is a vin, it is not mine. So i am going to call diablosport on there next day open to make sure that is not a vin and you arent trying to scam me, I can post a pic of this number and the first digits of my vin if you want to run your mouth some more....
I wouldn't have mailed you the tuner back (I paid for shipping btw) or I would not have filed a claim with paypal (that paypal ruled in my favor) or I would not have filed criminal charges in Madison County or I would not be wasting my time typing little messages to you if I was trying to swindle you out of 165 bucks. I am very familiar with diablo tuners so it is a problem with the tuner itself. I have been using my friends diablo for 6 months and just recently returned it to him. Also, it should always show the vin # of the car that it is currently plugged into. When you plug it in to your serial port and turn the key to on and find vin in the predator it should be your vin. Unless you replaced your ecu. I do not think that you bothered checkin the tuner to see if it was unlocked before you sold it. I probably would have also assumed that the hp guy would have unmarried it correctly but I would have paid the buyer and not avoided him like the plague. I would be surprised if the hp guy doesn't still have the diablo tune on his cp. U might want to call him and ask.
I'm not going to let this bother me any longer. It has already taken too much of my time. I'll let the proper authorities who get paid for finding crooks handle it. I basically just wanted to warn any other potential victims on the board. Zane, you will get what is coming to you eventually. Life has a way of working itself out...
Old 12-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

This is funny, I told you I would send you the money back if Diablosport helped me find that it is locked to my car. I talked to you on christmas eve before you posted this ****. So if you are saying I am going to get whats coming to me after we talked, then I am going to worry about an attorney instead, or should I take that as a threat instead??? Call me tommorow afternoon to clarify what this means. If this is a threat, I am not going to take it lightly!
Old 12-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by getusum

If he tuned his car with it and sent it back, read the whole post or don't bother wasting everyones time. That is the whole reason for contacting diablosport, but again you obviously didnt read that...
Old 12-29-2008, 09:33 AM
On The Tree

This is funny, I told you I would send you the money back if Diablosport helped me find that it is locked to my car. I talked to you on christmas eve before you posted this ****. So if you are saying I am going to get whats coming to me after we talked, then I am going to worry about an attorney instead, or should I take that as a threat instead??? Call me tommorow afternoon to clarify what this means. If this is a threat, I am not going to take it lightly!
B.S.
Other than calling to bitch about my text message you didn't discuss any plan of action until yesterday. This was posted before yesterday. I had all intentions of letting you slide your feet until the end of the day. Go ahead and get an attorney but it is going to cost you quite a bit more than 165 dollars. A real piece of work...
Old 12-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by grey03mach1
B.S.
Other than calling to bitch about my text message you didn't discuss any plan of action until yesterday. This was posted before yesterday. I had all intentions of letting you slide your feet until the end of the day. Go ahead and get an attorney but it is going to cost you quite a bit more than 165 dollars. A real piece of work...

I did on text messages. I told you I was going out there on christmas day and told you to call me. So bullshit on your part. You are the one that is making threats, I said i will talk to an attorney since you are threatening to press charges.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Staging Lane

B.S.

Besides that you posted on the 26th, the day after i posted about contacting diablosport. You make no ******* sense!
Old 12-29-2008, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Besides that you posted on the 26th, the day after i posted about contacting diablosport. You make no ******* sense!
So I assume you have checked with diablosport about the tuner? What is deal? I'm about to buy another tuner and could use my money.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

i just talked to you on phone, going to talk to you on phone instead of bicker on here. nothing is getting resolved online.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:09 AM
On The Tree

What is taking you so long to do this?
Old 01-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Launching!

I wouldn't have mailed you the tuner back (I paid for shipping btw) or I would not have filed a claim with paypal (that paypal ruled in my favor) or I would not have filed criminal charges in Madison County or I would not be wasting my time typing little messages to you if I was trying to swindle you out of 165 bucks. I am very familiar with diablo tuners so it is a problem with the tuner itself. I have been using my friends diablo for 6 months and just recently returned it to him. Also, it should always show the vin # of the car that it is currently plugged into. When you plug it in to your serial port and turn the key to on and find vin in the predator it should be your vin. Unless you replaced your ecu. I do not think that you bothered checkin the tuner to see if it was unlocked before you sold it. I probably would have also assumed that the hp guy would have unmarried it correctly but I would have paid the buyer and not avoided him like the plague. I would be surprised if the hp guy doesn't still have the diablo tune on his cp. U might want to call him and ask.
I'm not going to let this bother me any longer. It has already taken too much of my time. I'll let the proper authorities who get paid for finding crooks handle it. I basically just wanted to warn any other potential victims on the board. Zane, you will get what is coming to you eventually. Life has a way of working itself out...
dude i understand ur frustration but a threat like that will get u sued 4 alot more than 165$ please reframe from making any other threats on this site .......also if he doesnt resolve the problem fast let the authorities handle ur problem because scaming is getting hit with harder time now a days
Old 01-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Staging Lane

Don't know what law school you went to, There was no threat. The guy wants his money back.
Originally Posted by ls1passion
dude i understand ur frustration but a threat like that will get u sued 4 alot more than 165$ please reframe from making any other threats on this site .......also if he doesnt resolve the problem fast let the authorities handle ur problem because scaming is getting hit with harder time now a days
Old 01-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by flirtnwithdisaster
Don't know what law school you went to, There was no threat. The guy wants his money back.
i new that was just trying 2 get things back on track and not steer away from the point thanks anyways bro

Quick Reply: LS1PLUS took the money and sold locked tuner RESOLVED