Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

True paypal story.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True paypal story.....

**** Bye bye paypal, I opened an account with http://www.Moneybookers.com as it's one of ebay trusted sites for payments*****

I thought you all paypal users should read this, no exaggeration at all, and all info here is 100% true personal story.

Sold a T56 last February on ebay to a guy in Iowa (I had two T56s, sold one on ebay), now it took few good weeks to find out things that I will write here in few minutes :

1- Fedex ground delivery confiramtion shows package was delivered to buyer address at 3:47 PM , march 2nd.

2- Paypal website shows a DISPUTE was filed on MARCH 2ND for "Not as discribed" item at 4:39 PM THE SAME DAY OF THE DELIVERY (Less than one hour of delivery!!!!!!!! actualy 49 minutes counting the 2-3 minutes it took him to write the dispute and hit enter).

3- In his dispute he wrote : Internal damage but transmission seems to be externally SOUND.

Basically, it took him 49 minutes to get the package, unwrap it, OPEN THE TRANSMISSION and claim it isn't as described !!!!!!!! Fishy...

I immediately knew that something isn't right here especially when that T56 came out of my personal camaro with ZERO ISSUES, after many hours of thinking I thought to check if I still have the transmission part number from the pictures that I listed on ebay. One photo showed the number but I didn't have enough technology to get CLOSER to the number , so I had to involve some local guy for $20 to have him use his equipments to give me the number from the picture that I have.

After many letters between me and paypal I said : No problem, if he returns the tranny I will refund his full amount. why I said that? (Main reason is I wouldn't mind getting it back and resell it with no problem) but also Because paypal will not listen to the seller, if buyer files a dispute the seller can kiss their ***, that's what I found out. And, if you as a seller refuse to issue a refund, they will ask the buyer to ship the item back and when it's delivered paypal will refund him from your paypal account WEATHER YOU AGREE OR NOT, and if you choose NOT to sign and not to accept the package, it will go back to him AND PAYPAL WILL REFUND HIM FROM YOUR PAYPAL. Seller's prottection my ******* ***.

I received the tranny 2 months later missing all sensors on it and has a cracked case and stock in first gear. However, it is NOT the same tranny that I shipped (Which is what I suspected from the very begining) as this idiot shipped HIS DAMAGED ONE that he wanted to replace with the one that he bought from me. So he got the good tranny, immediately filed a false dispute and shipped his damaged one back.

After he shipped the tranny paypal wrote me with the tracking info, I swear to all of you, I called two friends (Witnesses) before I opened the package, and I video taped while opening it to find all sensors missing and case cracked, so now case is going to court. I will be more than happy to provide this video to whoever is interested.

Paypal refunded his $1200 from my paypal which didn't have the funds in there, so I'm $1200 in the hole with them. After writing paypal tens of times with video clip and pictures showing the differences between tranny that was shipped to tranny that is received along with proof of wrong tranny being shipped back to me and so on and so on, what did I get from paypal : NOTHING BUT : "after reviewing the case, we decided to grant the buyer $1200 for item not as described".

Because my dispute after receiving the tranny is under the same category (Not as described) , whoever files first wins, so :

1- Buyer got his money back, he got my good transmission.

2- I (Seller) lost a good tranny, and I'm $1200 in the hole.

This is paypal and this is absolutely a true story.

Thanks for reading. Adam

Last edited by powerhousecamaro; 07-19-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn that was shady of the guy you sold it to, i know its not the right thing to do but i would have thought long and hard about paying the guy a visit being that you had his adress and information. Its hard to avoid a scammer but he got you for 1200 bucks and a transmission. He has toanswer to GOD for that one but i would still try and follow thru with it as much as possible with the courts thats fuc*#d up on his behalf
Old 06-28-2009, 07:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by blubyu02
Damn that was shady of the guy you sold it to, i know its not the right thing to do but i would have thought long and hard about paying the guy a visit being that you had his adress and information. Its hard to avoid a scammer but he got you for 1200 bucks and a transmission. He has toanswer to GOD for that one but i would still try and follow thru with it as much as possible with the courts thats fuc*#d up on his behalf

Hmmm, though about that a lot, It'll go to court but who do I sue? Paypal or "Buyer" ?
If he was living close I would have made the trip to his house the first day he filed the false dispute.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

if i were you id be taking a trip out to iowa with some freinds and firearms. that really sucks. thats alot of money to just forget about.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Launching!

Thats an ify situation idk personally i would go for the buyer in more than one way. Goodluck to you trying to dispute fight paypal in court. I find it rather shitty that they would deduct the funds from your account on the basis of him filing first without knowing the whole story
Old 06-28-2009, 07:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thats an ify situation idk personally i would go for the buyer in more than one way. Goodluck to you trying to dispute fight paypal in court. I find it rather shitty that they would deduct the funds from your account on the basis of him filing first without knowing the whole story
Exactly, here's a copy/paste e.mail where I responded to paypal after so many times of their e.mails trying to remind me of the balance , after hours on the phone I got seriously frustrated so I had to write them this in response to their balance letter :

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
It's super easy to set on your ******* *** behind a computer disk and type, actually you get paid for it. So hitting the ENTER button every few days to "Remind" me of the balance in my account doesn't cost you a penny, HA !!
Anyway, you can kiss my ******* *** on this balance, take me to court if you want before I do (Save me court costs), I'll prove with WINTENESSES that the money you claim I owe you , I actually DON'T.
In few words I'll repeat what I said 100000000000000000000 times to
your stupid brains:

You refunded the buyer $1200 over an item that he claimed it was damaged when he received it. When I received it it wasn't only a completely different item number but it was BROKEN AND MISSING A LOT OF PARTS, things the buyer NEVER claimed. So it's YOUR decision to refund him, it isn't mine, and when I proved to you that you're wrong doing so, you IGNORED me.

So **** you and **** off, move on to your next case and copy/paste your stupid automated responses and hit the enter button.

And here's the response I got after sending that letter :

My name is Jennie and I work for PayPal's Office of Executive
Escalations. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused regarding
this matter. While we understand you may not be satisfied with this
response, we have reviewed your account and the matter thoroughly and we
feel that we have taken the appropriate actions or provided ample
information to address your concerns. Please be advised that further
contacts regarding this matter will not change the outcome or our
response; and PayPal will pursue collections on the negative balance.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,
Jennie
Executive Escalations
PayPal, an eBay Company
Old 06-28-2009, 07:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by puggerton03
if i were you id be taking a trip out to iowa with some freinds and firearms. that really sucks. thats alot of money to just forget about.

I wish I could dude, too much dimocracy we got in this country.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

By the way, they blocked my ebay account because of that balance, I owe nothing to ebay but yet they blocked my account, so paypal actually owns ebay or vise versa, note the paypal response signature above.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Well you've got 2 options here.

I would start with talking to paypal. Call in to paypal & do your best
to talk to some sort of manager. Explain the whole situation & tell
him that you have video & photographical evidence that the transmission
that was shipped to you was a different transmission than you shipped out.
Tell him that you have already spoken to lawyer & if this can't be resolved
you'll be forced to seek legal action against paypal.
If you say the right things & push the right buttons here, you should be
able to get this resolved. Remember to be professional & polite.
Profanity & yelling will decrease your chances of success.

Your second option is to seek legal action against the buyer.
I'm not sure what paypal's policies are against fraudulant items returned
from a dispute claim. It may be in the fine print somewhere that if the
returned item is damaged, paypal isn't liable for it. If that's the case
this will be your only option.

Good luck, Let us know how it turns out.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by OSU Football Fan
Well you've got 2 options here.

I would start with talking to paypal. Call in to paypal & do your best
to talk to some sort of manager. Explain the whole situation & tell
him that you have video & photographical evidence that the transmission
that was shipped to you was a different transmission than you shipped out.
Tell him that you have already spoken to lawyer & if this can't be resolved
you'll be forced to seek legal action against paypal.
If you say the right things & push the right buttons here, you should be
able to get this resolved. Remember to be professional & polite.
Profanity & yelling will decrease your chances of success.

Your second option is to seek legal action against the buyer.
I'm not sure what paypal's policies are against fraudulant items returned
from a dispute claim. It may be in the fine print somewhere that if the
returned item is damaged, paypal isn't liable for it. If that's the case
this will be your only option.

Good luck, Let us know how it turns out.

Thanks for the advice/comment brother.

Yeah, I spent MANY hours on the phone including going line by line on what he calimed in the dispute to prove that he NEVER calimed any external damage or missing pieces, as a matter of fact he mentioned tranny to be received "EXTERNALLY SOUND". I attached all pictures and video of everything but all I got again was "Kiss our ***", it's that simple, literally, yes it might sound unbelievable but that's why I'm here to inform you.

Read what Jennie said above in her response : "Please be advised that further contacts regarding this matter will not change the outcome or our response". Problem is court costs and lawyers costs, debating if to sue or wait to be sued and then prove them wrong.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by powerhousecamaro
By the way, they blocked my ebay account because of that balance, I owe nothing to ebay but yet they blocked my account, so paypal actually owns ebay or vise versa, note the paypal response signature above.
Ebay owns PayPal.

Thanks for the advice/comment brother.

Yeah, I spent MANY hours on the phone including going line by line on what he calimed in the dispute to prove that he NEVER calimed any external damage or missing pieces, as a matter of fact he mentioned tranny to be received "EXTERNALLY SOUND". I attached all pictures and video of everything but all I got again was "Kiss our ***", it's that simple, literally, yes it might sound unbelievable but that's why I'm here to inform you.

Read what Jennie said above in her response : "Please be advised that further contacts regarding this matter will not change the outcome or our response". Problem is court costs and lawyers costs, debating if to sue or wait to be sued and then prove them wrong.
I doubt they will actually ever sue you. They will send it to a collections agency and have them deal with it.

So chances are, your credit mite get fucked up. So most likely YOU will have to take it to court before that happens. You should be able to call and talk to a lawyer, for free, to see what he thinks. Make sure you tell him you have video and photo evidence - that makes it really easy for him.

Also, PayPal RARELY puts an account into a negative balance. They normally tell the seller they "could not retrieve the funds". So I'm guessing that he used a credit card and had the charges reversed by them - so of course PayPal is going to try to collect then. So also look into taking them to court if possible.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow thats just fucked up right there!! Makes me think twice about selling anything high in value through paypal. Really shows what kind of company it is. and i bet all that the dumbfuck said was "the item was not as described"...and he got his money back. You on the other hand have proof that its bullshit on the buyers part!! I could totally see it going in the buyers favor, if it was just..... he said this... you said that. But proof..WTF Goodluck with the situation bro
Old 06-29-2009, 01:13 AM
FormerVendor

One note also, Do not pay back paypal the $1200. They do not refund the buyer the money unless they are able to collect it from your account to return to him.

The buyer has not received $1200 back and your transmission. Right now he is "owed" the $1200 by paypal as soon as you add funds to the account.

Also file a complaint with the better business bureau where ever paypal is located. Also see if you can file a small claims court with your local court and paypal would have to send someone to appear. You can pay a business local to them to "serve them papers" for the court appearance.

Additionally, pull any info you can find off the internet for the buyer and their address. Try to contact any relatives they have brother/sister/father/mother etc and tell them what he has done. Additionally try to get the phone numbers for any neighbors around him and call them to tell them and ask any info you can get from them about him. Furthermore,find out where he works and call and speak to his boss regarding it and fill them in on his activity, finally call his job and ask for different coworkers or people he works with and keep calling daily until he is so sick of you he will cancel the dispute/claim with paypal.

Call his local police department and file a report and try and have someone contact him regarding it. I would also dispute any type of collection paypal attempts.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SoCalSpd
One note also, Do not pay back paypal the $1200. They do not refund the buyer the money unless they are able to collect it from your account to return to him.

The buyer has not received $1200 back and your transmission. Right now he is "owed" the $1200 by paypal as soon as you add funds to the account.

Also file a complaint with the better business bureau where ever paypal is located. Also see if you can file a small claims court with your local court and paypal would have to send someone to appear. You can pay a business local to them to "serve them papers" for the court appearance.

Additionally, pull any info you can find off the internet for the buyer and their address. Try to contact any relatives they have brother/sister/father/mother etc and tell them what he has done. Additionally try to get the phone numbers for any neighbors around him and call them to tell them and ask any info you can get from them about him. Furthermore,find out where he works and call and speak to his boss regarding it and fill them in on his activity, finally call his job and ask for different coworkers or people he works with and keep calling daily until he is so sick of you he will cancel the dispute/claim with paypal.

Call his local police department and file a report and try and have someone contact him regarding it. I would also dispute any type of collection paypal attempts.
If PayPal sends you into the negative, normally that means PayPal did refund the money and they are trying to get it back from you. Which is why I'm guessing he used a credit card, cause otherwise PayPal doesn't do ****.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

post up the pigs name and address. maybe theres a chance someone on here knows him or hes on here.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry to hear about your deal bro, what a POS, I am actually from Iowa, I just moved up to Aurora, IL about 8 months ago but I go back to Iowa to see friends and family, post this bastards info up. Where is he from in Iowa?
Old 06-29-2009, 09:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

I seriously plan on paying a visit with two of my friends. He works at an office, some type of plumbing business, I shipped the tranny directly to his "Transmission Shop". His name is Matt Nicholson.
As far as the money yeah he's got the money back already, that's why I said that paypal won't back the seller up, they back up the buyer, the whole Sellers prottection crap is seriously bullshit, don't use paypal for high $ transaction and sure don't SELL for high dollar.
Basically what happened here is equal to someone having a bad electronic item , he goes to wallmart, pick up a brand new one in the box, go home, put the bad one in the wallmart box and go back to tell them : "Hey, it doesn't work and I need my money back". It's that simple.

I spoke with him few times before he sent the payment, as a matter of fact I gave him my house, my cell and my work number in case he needs me with ANY type of help down the road installing the tranny. I was NEVER able to get him the first time I dialed his number, it's ALWAYS a message that I leave and he used to call back.

Last edited by powerhousecamaro; 06-29-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Launching!

Thanks man for posting up this info, I know now not to fool with paypal and if i cant sell big things locally they will sit in my garage and rot. I know you cant blame this all on one bad apple but if they would have took 1200 from me and a perfect transmission i wouldnt be able to sleep at night, for the simple fact that i work too hard for the little money i do have. Please keep us updated i am interested in seeing how this comes out. Im sure he has read this thread if he bought it off of here I hope he is prosecuted to the full extent.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks man for posting up this info, I know now not to fool with paypal and if i cant sell big things locally they will sit in my garage and rot. I know you cant blame this all on one bad apple but if they would have took 1200 from me and a perfect transmission i wouldnt be able to sleep at night, for the simple fact that i work too hard for the little money i do have. Please keep us updated i am interested in seeing how this comes out. Im sure he has read this thread if he bought it off of here I hope he is prosecuted to the full extent.
No problem brother, it isn't the first paypal bad story on this site, I read a few bad ones in the past as well. Yeah, just don't use paypal for high dollar payments, you NEVER know who's on the other side getting the money and what he/she is planning to do. He basically tricked paypal and got away with it, it's that simple.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

I seriously plan on paying a visit with two of my friends. He works at an office, some type of plumbing business, I shipped the tranny directly to his "Transmission Shop". His name is Matt Nicholson.
As far as the money yeah he's got the money back already, that's why I said that paypal won't back the seller up, they back up the buyer, the whole Sellers prottection crap is seriously bullshit, don't use paypal for high $ transaction and sure don't SELL for high dollar.
Basically what happened here is equal to someone having a bad electronic item , he goes to wallmart, pick up a brand new one in the box, go home, put the bad one in the wallmart box and go back to tell them : "Hey, it doesn't work and I need my money back". It's that simple.

I spoke with him few times before he sent the payment, as a matter of fact I gave him my house, my cell and my work number in case he needs me with ANY type of help down the road installing the tranny. I was NEVER able to get him the first time I dialed his number, it's ALWAYS a message that I leave and he used to call back.

Where is he at in Iowa. I am from the very Southeast corner of the state, its sad that some people have to be dirtbags like this, I guess all that some people underderstand is having a serious *** kicking put on them....good luck brother.

Quick Reply: True paypal story.....