Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

wreckless has almost $1000 of my money

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default wreckless has almost $1000 of my money

EDIT: At this point it is resolved (via paypal) and I have my money back. However, due to the circumstances, such as the fact that he never willingly paid me anything, I plan on leaving this thread up as a warning to anyone wanting to deal with him.

And I have nothing. To be technical, it's $935.

Here's the short version:

The money was for a set of new LS6 heads assembled with PRC springs and a set of 36# injectors for $900 plus $35 shipping. Not a ridiculous deal, but cheaper than buying them new, and since they were supposedly new parts, (injectors have 3 hours on them) I figured why not.

Here's the short version of what has happened. Some of my dates may be off as I'm going from memory right now, but I have all of my PM's, text messages, and phone call records with this guy so I do have solid dates:

June 23rd: I sent $935 to wreckless after we agreed on a price and that the parts would ship as soon as he recieved the money, and I would recieve tracking info as soon as the package was shipped. This was a Tuesday.

Thursday of that week: I send him a message asking for shipping info. He responds that he is not actually with the parts and that his girlfriend is the one who will be shipping them and that she hasn't shipped them yet. This is already starting to look bad.

Friday: I send another message asking for shipping info. Same response, haven't shipped yet.

Tuesday June 30th: I call again wondering what's going on. He acts surprised that I haven't recieved any parts yet. Still no shipping info.

Thursday (?): wreckless informs me that his girlfriend shipped me a set of Hedman Headers, not heads and injectors. This is getting stupid. I tell him that he needs to personally ship the heads and injectors. I ask for shipping info on the headers (wrong package) so I'll know when I need to be home to refuse to take delivery, and guess what? He doesn't have shipping info, but somehow tells me they should be there Tuesday of the following week.

Tuesday July 7th: No package. I call again wondering A) Where the headers are and B) Where my heads are. Again, I get surprise that the headers haven't shown up yet, and I get some other excuse as to why the heads haven't shipped. I'm not happy. I inform this guy that I want my money back and not to ship the heads and injectors. He agrees to send my money back, but I file a dispute with PayPal just in case. Keep in mind this is not a full blown claim, just a dispute.

Thursday July 9th: I call again wondering why I haven't gotten my money back. I am told that he doesn't have enough money in his bank account to pay me and that he needs a few days... I agree to give him a few days, since I've already filed a dispute and I don't really have a choice either.

Tuesday July 14th: I send a message saying I've had enough and that wreckless needs to link a credit card to his PayPal account and use that to send me my money. He responds saying he doesn't have a credit card and that he never has had one. Things just took another step in the wrong direction. A guy claiming to be selling all of this stuff because he got a deal on an LS7 but he doesn't have a credit card?

Every time I talk to this guy, his story changes just a little bit. The bottom line is that he spent the money I sent him for heads and a set of injectors before the parts were ever shipped out, if they even exist. I just want my money back, this has already gone on too long, and it's past ridiculous.

wreckless: Just be straight with me and give me my money back and this will go away. THIS WILL NOT GO AWAY UNTIL I GET MY MONEY BACK. You admit to not having shipped the parts and admit to having spent the money I sent you for the parts before you shipped anything out. You tell me you're not trying to screw me over, but you're sure as hell doing a good job of making it seem like you're trying to. You've had my money for almost 4 weeks and I have nothing except changing stories and a bunch of bullshit from you.

Last edited by jimbo98z; 08-04-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's a link to the original sale thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...arts-sale.html
Old 07-22-2009, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unreal man. Sorry to hear it. For that much money, I would've knocked on his door by now. Anyway, I got to looking at his feedback, yeah, it's %100 but it's all buys, no sells. I seldom buy anything on here anymore but when I do, I always make sure there's some sells as well as buys on his feedback. I've said it before, there's so much scamming going on in this site, we need to form a strike team. I hope things turn out for ya bud. Oh yeah, it sounds like he's broke so I would forget paypal doing anything for you, Paypal sucks *** and won't do ****. Wait and see if what i'm saying is true.

Last edited by Martin HD-28; 07-22-2009 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Added info.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you need to post in that thread so no one else buys anything from him.
If you know his name, contact the branch of military he is enlisted in.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Martin HD-28
I've said it before, there's so much scamming going on in this site, we need to form a strike team.
I'm down to form a strike team

Originally Posted by kny3twalker
you need to post in that thread so no one else buys anything from him.
If you know his name, contact the branch of military he is enlisted in.
Done. And I know his name and the branch of the military he is in. I was giving him a little time (granted I gave too much) to try to fix this in a friendly manner, but the gloves are officially off now.

Last edited by jimbo98z; 07-24-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Regular

Do not, I repeat, do not contact his superiors. Find out the county that the base is in or the county in which he resides (if they are different) and contact the County DA. File a theft by deception report (include any and all information you have) and they will take it from there. They will send him a letter telling him to pay by a certain date, if he doesnt the base MP's will be contacted as there will be a warrant for his arrest. At that time he will have two options... pay on the spot or go to jail. I saw several friends get screwed like this because they decided to bounce checks to pizza places off post.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Contacting his superior will do nothing for you. They will just ask him if its legit or not and he will lie and so on.

Do what the above guy said. It will get him moving knowing that you have already contacted the DA along with the MP. Wont take him long to get the cash to you.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, I just washed my hands clean of this. Paypal restored funds to my account and now they are going after him. I've already accepted funds and my bank account shows a $935 credit in my favor.

I wasn't really going to contact any of his superiors, it was just a passing thought because I was so pissed off.

Oh well, not my problem anymore, just don't buy from this guy.

Last edited by jimbo98z; 08-04-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:16 PM
TECH Regular

Wow, first time I had heard of Paypal refunding money without collecting it from the seller. Glad to hear it worked out for you.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So you're telling us that paypal refunded you without taking it out of his account? That's not standard practice.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

they give his account a negative balance, then go after him for it, from what I have seen.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Modern_Muscle
they give his account a negative balance, then go after him for it, from what I have seen.
They never did that for me. They told me that since his account had a zero balance, I would have to pursue other means of getting my money back.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

All I know was that money was deposited into my paypal account, I put it in my bank account, and paypal said they were going to "pursue further action"
Old 08-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Teching In

Paypal has agreements with banks. If you have a verified account, you account is directly linked with your bank checking account/ personal credit card. If someone claims that you have withdrawn money for goods and you have no shipping or actions done. They can simply withdrawl the money from your bank account and dispute it with you in person, or until the issue is resolved. Worth the 3 % in fees now huh!
Old 08-10-2009, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blazzin93z
Worth the 3 % in fees now huh!
Funny thing is I even got my 3% back.

Quick Reply: wreckless has almost $1000 of my money