Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Beware of Rafco

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of Rafco

I sent a Money Order in the amount of $105 to "Rafco" for an alternator,bracket,starter and water pump pulley over a month ago. He said he would not accept PayPal. He also confirmed he received it but still no package and he will not return my e-mail messages. I tried to be patient because he said he was in the Navy (I have the utmost respect for our Military) but enough is enough. The thread link is below..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/private.p...&pmid=10908255

It just confirms my lack of faith in people....
Old 08-20-2009, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

Default Rafco

ttt...
Old 08-21-2009, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Default Rafco

ttt...
Old 08-24-2009, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

Default Rafco

Still nothing....
Old 08-27-2009, 06:58 AM
On The Tree

Default Rafco

Still waiting...
Old 08-27-2009, 07:04 AM
TECH Junkie

we can't view that link. Where is he stationed at?
Old 08-27-2009, 07:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Do you know his name? He was stationed in Pensacola and said he was moving to Maryland, which leads me to believe he is a CT in the Navy... which I am as well. SO if you can give some more info I might be able to help you out. Chances are slim, but its better than nothing..
Old 08-27-2009, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, people suck.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Thanks 99Formula..his name is Randy Bishop and he is presently in Pensacola,Florida...sounds like he is moving? I'm not sure. Most of the guys here on LS1 are some of the best people I have met online...full of advice,help and good deals on parts. People like Rafco are the small percentage of dirtballs who make a good thing bad. I always believe that what comes around goes around. He will get his eventually....at this point all I want is to keep other people from getting burned by this fraud....I copied one of the e-mails here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBEAUTIFULDOLLP51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafko
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Fifty shipped sounds fair...I'll take it. Is the bracket included?

I also do not have a starter yet....how much for yours?

THX I can pay immediately if you like PayPal...

50 for alt...35 for starter...don't have paypal..send money order and i will ship as soon as i get it let me know...

That sounds fair for both...I'll send MO order tomorrow....can you give me the alt bracket too...I don't have one...
THX

Frank Decker
38 Carran Drive
Lakeside Park, KY 41017

yeah man...u can have it...let me know if u need anything else..im parting it out

Thanks...

I doubt you will have but I have the Vette style accessory drive (I know your alt won't fit but I am going to try and modify your bracket) and I have the water pump but no center "bell" pulley that bolts to the center of the water pump with four bolts..have one? I also have the "Batwing" vette oil pan that won't fit the front chassis of my 69 Camaro...have an F-body pan or a Hummer pan?

got the pulley u need also..came off a vette bolts on with 4 bolts and has no center...got one...as far as the pan can't help with that..unless u mod a truck pan

how much for the water pump center "hub" piece?

15.00 with bolts...

I'll throw in an extra $5 to help with shipping since you are fair with me...$105 via MO tomorrow. Where and who am I sending it to? THX

Pm me what all u want..again..thanks man appereciate it...
Randy Bishop
11904 Longwood Dr.
Pensacola, FL 32507

Hi Randy,

I want the alternator and bracket,starter and the Vette style water bump "hub" pulley....I'll send the MO in about an hour...thanks Buddy!

Frank Decker
38 Carran Drive
Lakeside Park, KY 41017

K...thanks...i will send the stuff out as soon as i get payment...

Thank you....
FRank
Old 08-27-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
Do you know his name? He was stationed in Pensacola and said he was moving to Maryland, which leads me to believe he is a CT in the Navy... which I am as well. SO if you can give some more info I might be able to help you out. Chances are slim, but its better than nothing..
i'm a security manager and if you can pm me his name i may be able to find out exactly where he is stationed and get in touch with his chain of command. i've actually heard of more marines come to pensacola and get orders to maryland, but he may very well be navy. i'm a CT as well by the way and i like your avatar if you get my meaning. EW!
Old 08-28-2009, 07:05 AM
On The Tree

Default Rafco

Thanks to all who have replied...PM's responded....nice to know the largest percentage of people on here are normal,honest enthusiasts.

I hear a lot of people complain about PayPal for a variety of reasons. My take is that is the only way I will pay for anything on this site in the future. I have over 1000 transactions on eBay with 100% positive feedback ...all using PayPal. Yes, they add fees but they have always made good on the occasional fraud who abuses the system. Burn me once,shame on you....burn me twice...shame on me
Old 08-28-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sent you a pm. i won't give up on you until i've exhausted all means bro.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

Dont worry about the chain of command as debt collectors are not allowed to contact them. Get in touch with the District Attorney for his County (http://www.co.escambia.fl.us/CountyC...ice/index.html IF the address posted is correct) and file a theft by deception report. They will then contact him (the individual) and get things taken care of.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Default Rafco

Thanks guys....you better watch out....I might start trusting people again :-)
Old 08-28-2009, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DSIM
Dont worry about the chain of command as debt collectors are not allowed to contact them. Get in touch with the District Attorney for his County (http://www.co.escambia.fl.us/CountyC...ice/index.html IF the address posted is correct) and file a theft by deception report. They will then contact him (the individual) and get things taken care of.
i'm not a debt collector, i'm an active duty service member. and as a security manager, another active duty service member who may possess a security clearance going around ripping people off concerns me. especially when the person getting ripped off is a fellow enthusiast. once i find out where he is i can put the OP in contact with this little dirt bag's Commanding Officer who i'm sure wouldn't appreciate his subordinates treating civilians like this. And if he does have a security clearance, i'm sure DONCAF would love to know what he's up to.

hope i don't sound like i'm lashing out at you, but there is too much of this **** happening here and it pisses me off. if i can do something to stop at least one of these *** guzzling **** heads i will.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98TAjwh
i'm not a debt collector, i'm an active duty service member. and as a security manager, another active duty service member who may possess a security clearance going around ripping people off concerns me. especially when the person getting ripped off is a fellow enthusiast. once i find out where he is i can put the OP in contact with this little dirt bag's Commanding Officer who i'm sure wouldn't appreciate his subordinates treating civilians like this. And if he does have a security clearance, i'm sure DONCAF would love to know what he's up to.

hope i don't sound like i'm lashing out at you, but there is too much of this **** happening here and it pisses me off. if i can do something to stop at least one of these *** guzzling **** heads i will.
I hear ya man, no offense taken. Im a Vet that hates when people in the service do this kind of thing. I offer that to anyone that gets the shaft from someone in the military because its just about the only recourse that civilians have.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Teching In

im not a big fan of this guy myself, bought a som 6.0 z28, and it was far from what it was described as.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Default Rafco

He is probably trolling here under a new username already....overall I have found 98% of the folks here are honest reputable guys (sorry if I am offending any ladies on here) and I have run across some great deals. Unfortunately, the bitter taste left in my mouth from thiefs like Rafco has made me sp suspicious that I won't purchase from anyone without very good feedback...both in selling and buying. Also, PayPal ONLY or cash in person....

Buyer beware..

Quick Reply: Beware of Rafco