Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Buyer Beware of DarkDemon

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Buyer Beware of DarkDemon

I was fortunate enough to receive my items. I am thankful for that. I know there are others who were not so fortunate when dealing with this seller. Anyways, here's the story...

The condition of the Door Panels I purchased was not nearly accurate to the description by the seller. I was told, within the thread and in multiple PM's prior to purchase, these panels were in "perfect" condition. Not even close. Dirty, scuffs, and scratches are not my idea of perfect. I paid DarkDemon in full by PayPal the same day I agreed to purchase the panels (Wed. Sept. 23rd, 2009). Seller didn't ship the items until Tuesday of the next week. And upon receiving the panels, I attempted to contact the seller about the condition of the panels and ask for a partial refund. To this day (Mon. Oct 12th, 2009) I have heard absolutely no reply. Inaccurate description used to make the sale and very poor, to absolutely no, communication. I highly recommend not doing business with seller.

Here is a link to the thread that started all this:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...am-ws6-tx.html

If you are even remotely considering buying/selling/trading with this member please read the entire thread before you make your final decision.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is the PM I sent DarkDemon on Oct. 4th, 2009 regarding the issues with the Door Panels. It includes the previous PM's stating the panels are in "perfect condition", the pictures I took to show the damage to each panel, as well as my attempt at a resolution to this problem.

Originally Posted by Mumbles
DarkDemon...
Wonderful packaging, man. Everything individually wrapped with bubble wrap and taped. Good job. Also, I wasn't expecting the door handle bezels or the window switches, thanks alot for including them. Now down to business...

I'm sorry to say, I'm less than satisfied with the condition of the Door Panels. They are not at all "perfect" as you described them. They are filthy and although, they do not have the cracks at the top plastic portion, they are, both, either scratched and/or scuffed in multiple areas. I have included pictures taken of the panels just an hour ago to show the most prominent damage.

This first picture is of the top of the drivers panel nearest to the rear quarter of the car. The most obvious flaw is the nearly 6 inch long scratch running from right to left and down at about a 30 degree angle. It also shows multiple other scratches in the surrounding area.

The next two pictures show multiple scuffs at the bottom of the drivers panel. They would be difficult to see once the panel was on the door, but they are still flaws that am not looking to have on my car. Nor would I expect them to be on "perfect" panels.

The passenger panel is in much better condition than the drivers, but is still flawed. This picture shows a scuff at the top of the plastic nearest to the rear quarter of the car.

This final picture shows a small gouge in the plastic of the passenger panel at the corner where the leather meets the plastic.

Please don't try to tell me this damage occurred durring the shipping process. As I said, and you are aware, you did a very good job with padding and protecting the panels for transit with the bubble wrap and packing peanuts. That is very much appreciated. But what I do not appreciate is purchasing something that is not as it has been represented or described. These panels are far from "perfect", as you stated in your message (which I also included with this message).

The question now is, what do I do with these not-so perfect panels? I realize I paid a very reasonable price for the pair, but considering they are not in shape you described them to be in, I believe we need to renegotiate the deal. Here is my proposition: I really don't want to pay for shipping to send them back to you and ask for a refund. Also, the panels are in decent shape, so I would like to keep them and receive a partial refund. I believe $75.00 refunded back to my PayPal account would be fair. You are still getting $105.00 of my money for panels that I will not be using. I believe this is a fair price, considering I wouldn't have purchased the panels in the first place had you given an accurate description.
Please contact me as soon as possible to let me know your opinion of the situation. Thank you very much DarkDemon.

Colter
10-4-09
3:25am cst

P.S. Below you will find quotes from previous messages that give your explaination of the condition of the panels.

Originally Posted by DarkDemon
Hello again DarkDemon...
Okay. I'll take them. Just to clarify, you are asking $180 for the pair of [I]Perfect[/I] (no infamous crack, or defect of any other kind) Leather Firebird Door Panels Shipped to my door in North English...

Colter
9-23-09
7:19pm cst

Originally Posted by DarkDemon
Hey there DarkDemon...
I see you've had some bites on the door panels. I'm just curious if they've been sold. If not, I'd like to have the pair, as long as they're in the great shape you say they are in. Whatta you gotta have for a price, shipped to 52316, North English, IA. Thanks alot...

Colter
9-23-09
1:28pm cst
yeah still have them (perfect shape) i can do 180 shipped
I thought I would share this with any perspective buyers from DarkDemon. As the title states: Buyer Beware.

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware of DarkDemon