Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

I got screwed out of over 5k by cjg454ss

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down I got screwed out of over 5k by cjg454ss

To start off i have been a member for over 6 years i was a paying sponsor for a year i have done well over 20k worth of selling used parts and have had 0 problems. I am the co-owner of the only ls specialized performance shop in New orleans LSXmotorsports help me out tech to make this right

Well it all starts of a few months back when i had 2 s91 turbos and a bs3 unit for sale and cjg45433 pm me. one s91 was perfect and new the other was new but the wheel was damaged as stated i called FI and they told me to replace it they would charge me around 200-300 to do so. I explained this to this guy and even told him if it was 300 i would split the 100 with him he was fine with it. So we made a deal he had a pt88mm 6.0 kit for sale ( https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...-trade-t6.html ) i traded him the s91 and 500 cash for the kit i was fine with the deal, them he persuaded me to buy the engine that the kit was run on so we struck up a deal on that with the BS3 system. i had the BS3 was clearly explained that it had dyno time only and he was fine with that the BS3 was a few years old due to the fact i have been trying to finish a epensive project. I spoke to him multiple times on the phone and i guess kind of formed a so called friendship so i gained trust in him, never once did he claim to be dis-satisfied with anything. So we made the deal i sent him $3050 and the BS3 i was asking 2k for. The deal was he was going to have new bearings rings and gaskets put on the motor a month passes and the motor came out the machine shop i wasnt worried about the time there were no complaints. i get the motor and it seemed fine till i try to turn the crank manually and nothing it is locked up so i pull the pan to see if there is obvious damage and nothing finally i realized the builder installed 5.7 head gaskets on the 6.0 engine so i figured maybe the pistons are hitting the head gaskets so i pull the heads and still nothing its locked up. to me it seems the main bearings were not clearanced properly.
The deal is now sour i have spoke with him through messaging and he tells me it spun when he had it and basically its not his problem and "good luck with it" he says

This was suposed to be a motor i could drop in and go. i have tried to resolve this before flamming him i have no problem with him all i want is the money i have into this motor back

i sent him another pm with the link to this maybe he will come and say something i may have missed neverthless he is not willing to work things out

Last edited by stangeater01; 11-05-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Banned

I will chime in though i think your have some facts incorrect.

For one thing you said you only had one s91 left that was slightly damaged. $200.00 worth. You send me that turbo and give me 200.00, i send you my new pt88mm and turbo kit minus the blow off valve and pipe.. that was the first deal. Out of that deal i got a turbo that needs $1000.00 worth of repairs. im ok with it so i didnt say much other than it wasnt $200.00 like he stated.

Second deal.

He had BS3 for sale, told me it was new in the box and never installed. He wants $2200.00 for it. At that time he asked what i was doing with my motor because we talked and i said i was changing setups. I said the motor is available if hes interested. I wanted 5k for the motor, Throttle body to Oil pan, no sensors.. He said he would give me $3050.00 plus his BS3. Done deal. The motor was at the machine shop getting checked out and refreshed to make sure the motor was perfect when he gets it. 3 weeks or so later the motor was completed and i sent it out. I installed the cam myself and double checked the motor. Spins freely and looked great, i am very confident in the machine shop i use regularly.

I get the BS3 shipped to me, its in a busted box and looks anything but new. I probably would rate is as working condition at best if i sold it. Still havent hooked it up so i couldnt tell you if it worked.

Get a call and Rich wants the blowoff valve pipe and sensors. I told him i was keeping them, he says they should be included. Next day, he wants $50.00 back for the blow off pipe. Then he wants $100.00 back and send all the piping back.

A few days pass and i see Rich puts the entire setup for sale for $8000.00, I pm him and ask him whats going on and he says he is changing directions.
No one buys the setup and a week later he says the motors no good, and wants his money back.

Few days weeks pass and now the motor wont spin. Claims the main caps are on in reverse. also claims the incorrect head gaskets are on the motor.

To sum up the situation, i got a roughed up BS3 and a dinged turbo and 3k. Im ok with it.

Rich got a fresh 365cu forged iron block, oringed 6.0 headed motor. The same setup that goes 6.2s at 118mph all day in my 3600lb camaro. He even has the turbo setup i ran. I am all for helping people i sell an item to but this seems like a case of buyers remorse. The deal is done and i will help as much as possible.

Also Rich is trying to sell the turbo kit for $2650.00, and has maybe $1000.00 in it

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...ess-coils.html

Also the other day you were selling the entire setup for $8,000 but deleted the thread. If there is something wrong with it then why would you try to sell it to another memeber. All the motor issues just recently arose AFTER you tried to sell it for more then you paid for it. I wouldnt sell you a motor that was bad, That is why i would only sell it after it was refreshed. I also paid for the machine work and shipping myself. If i was to do it over again i would of asked for about 1500 more for the entire setup. You got a great deal that runs great and is easy to maintain. Goodluck with the car and you LSx buisness Rich.

Chris

Look for his other Screen name LSXRich
Old 11-05-2009, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by cjg454ss
I will chime in though i think your have some facts incorrect.

For one thing you said you only had one s91 left that was slightly damaged. $200.00 worth. You send me that turbo and give me 200.00, i send you my new pt88mm and turbo kit minus the blow off valve and pipe.. that was the first deal. Out of that deal i got a turbo that needs $1000.00 worth of repairs. im ok with it so i didnt say much other than it wasnt $200.00 like he stated.

Second deal.

He had BS3 for sale, told me it was new in the box and never installed. He wants $2200.00 for it. At that time he asked what i was doing with my motor because we talked and i said i was changing setups. I said the motor is available if hes interested. I wanted 5k for the motor, Throttle body to Oil pan, no sensors.. He said he would give me $3050.00 plus his BS3. Done deal. The motor was at the machine shop getting checked out and refreshed to make sure the motor was perfect when he gets it. 3 weeks or so later the motor was completed and i sent it out. I installed the cam myself and double checked the motor. Spins freely and looked great, i am very confident in the machine shop i use regularly.

I get the BS3 shipped to me, its in a busted box and looks anything but new. I probably would rate is as working condition at best if i sold it. Still havent hooked it up so i couldnt tell you if it worked.

Get a call and Rich wants the blowoff valve pipe and sensors. I told him i was keeping them, he says they should be included. Next day, he wants $50.00 back for the blow off pipe. Then he wants $100.00 back and send all the piping back.

A few days pass and i see Rich puts the entire setup for sale for $8000.00, I pm him and ask him whats going on and he says he is changing directions.
No one buys the setup and a week later he says the motors no good, and wants his money back.

Few days weeks pass and now the motor wont spin. Claims the main caps are on in reverse. also claims the incorrect head gaskets are on the motor.

To sum up the situation, i got a roughed up BS3 and a dinged turbo and 3k. Im ok with it.

Rich got a fresh 365cu forged iron block, oringed 6.0 headed motor. The same setup that goes 6.2s at 118mph all day in my 3600lb camaro. He even has the turbo setup i ran. I am all for helping people i sell an item to but this seems like a case of buyers remorse. The deal is done and i will help as much as possible.

Also Rich is trying to sell the turbo kit for $2650.00, and has maybe $1000.00 in it

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...ess-coils.html

Also the other day you were selling the entire setup for $8,000 but deleted the thread. If there is something wrong with it then why would you try to sell it to another memeber. All the motor issues just recently arose AFTER you tried to sell it for more then you paid for it. I wouldnt sell you a motor that was bad, That is why i would only sell it after it was refreshed. I also paid for the machine work and shipping myself. If i was to do it over again i would of asked for about 1500 more for the entire setup. You got a great deal that runs great and is easy to maintain. Goodluck with the car and you LSx buisness Rich.

Chris

Look for his other Screen name LSXRich
All of which you say is correct with shades of greay i did get everything and was satisfied i did post it for sale because i did have a change of direction but just last night i go to install the crank pulley and realize the motor will not spin over thats is why it was removed from the thread b/c i didnt want to have anyone inquire on a broken motor. If you were disatisfied with anything i sold you i would have gladly refunded any of your expenses. as far as having 1000 in a turbo kit this is un-true i have the money i gave you + the cost of the s91 i gave you and the 265 for the WG and 250 for the intercooler and 100 into the cold pipe going to the throttle body+ clamps couplers and BOV i have well over 2k into the turbo kit the 2600 was a starting price. Yes when i pm'd you and you said all the cold piping all couplers and all clamps were included i was a little taken back when ALL wasnt there but i went with it thats why i asked for you to split the difference in that pipe $100 when you said absolutely not i asked for the 100 that i spent on thepipes back as a refund and i would send pipes back and again you said NO. as far as the s91 i sent pics to FI of the damage and that is the price they quoted me i dont know who you are speaking with but i am more than willing to send you your parts back in a refund of the money i paid you and the turbo. The bs3 was shipped in a intact box i am not responsible for ups damaging box thats what insurance is for if you felt that the integrety was compromised you should have said something or not accepted box and i would have done a claim on the 2k worth of insurance i put on it.
you are correct i did recieve the motor then 2 weeks later decide i am going to build a bigger motor you are correct about changing directions on the turbo kit i was installing this to get used to the turbo scene but decided to go 98mm to start
so you call it buyer remorse? well call it what you will i never contacted you for anyting except the build sheet which i never got
there were some misunderstandings the sensors on the motor and the cold pipe i can agree but thats not the issue.
the motor has been posted for 1-2 weeks now and i had a guy comming to get the motor this weekend that was the reason for installing the pulley luckly i found this before hand
you asked me to start pulling motor apart to diagnose the problem and the engine will not spin over period..
and yes you or your "Reputable" mechanic installed ls1 gaskets on this 6.0

I cancelled my sponsorship and that was the reason for the other screen name but a nice woman that runs the site managed to allow me to keep post count and trader feedback that is why there are no recient post on that name

all i am asking is for you to make it right if it takes you paying a local machine shop to fix the problem or me shipping it back to you and you refunding me what was put out. and as said before i will cover shipping

Last edited by stangeater01; 11-05-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:32 PM

the engine was pulled apart by Donnie at R&D 2 main caps have 0 interferance they fall right into place and pull right out with no binds the motor shows signs of very hard abuse and spun bearing the block is shot and the the engine looks like it was assembled in a sand pit there is depris all over the bearings and stock bearings were used to in a 750+hp build this was not part of the deal
Old 11-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Banned

hard abuse....i told you the car went 6.2s all day in a heavy car.

send me the motor back and i will have the builder go back through it and triple check it. then ill send it back to you if you like.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:09 PM

i was aware that you ran the motor but the block is shot i will be more than happt to send the motor back to you to have your engine builer to look at it but i honestly do not want it back there is alot more abuse than i was expecting. The new bearings that were installed for a 700+hp application were stock there are scars on the bearings there is debris all over in the inside the engine. i can say the crank is straight it was tested pistons and rods seeem fine but block is shot let me know what route you want to take
Old 11-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Banned

i dont see how an iron block thats never been bored is shot.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:02 AM

maybe from excessive beatings alot of boost engines twist and flex if this motor would have been run these 2 main caps would have walked due to the excessive play and spun a bearing. i have had 2 engine builders say the same thing that they would not use that block in the high hp application i am doing.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by stangeater01
maybe from excessive beatings alot of boost engines twist and flex if this motor would have been run these 2 main caps would have walked due to the excessive play and spun a bearing. i have had 2 engine builders say the same thing that they would not use that block in the high hp application i am doing.
that block was line bored before it was sent out. i had a full check up on it to make sure it was ready to go for you, this is very hard for me to believe that it is so messed up. as i stated in the pm, send me the motor and i will have my builder check his work. thats all i can and will do.

chris
Old 11-09-2009, 09:16 AM

well a little update Chris aka cjs454ss now claims his engine builder doesnt think he did anything wrong and he now tells me hey its your motor your on your own he claims he doesnt have the money to make it right and now its my problem i will post up a video of exactly how the main caps are loose in the block which leads me to believe the block has been seriously stressed the block is unusable so basically i am stuck with a $5000 engine that was sold to me and is junk so watch out for this guy he may do the same to you. i guess i will have to part the engine out and try to make maybe 2k of my money back
Old 11-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by stangeater01
well a little update Chris aka cjs454ss now claims his engine builder doesnt think he did anything wrong and he now tells me hey its your motor your on your own he claims he doesnt have the money to make it right and now its my problem i will post up a video of exactly how the main caps are loose in the block which leads me to believe the block has been seriously stressed the block is unusable so basically i am stuck with a $5000 engine that was sold to me and is junk so watch out for this guy he may do the same to you. i guess i will have to part the engine out and try to make maybe 2k of my money back
like i said earlier, send me back the motor and i will have my builder look it over. If you dont want to do that, thats fine. but i WILL NOT be sending you any money without seeing the motor. period!

The fact that all you want is money back makes me think its a case of buyers remorse. Nothing is wrong with that motor and after reading messages you send me i question you competence

ALSO, threatening me wont help the situation. Please stop wasting you time

how much do you want for the entire engine. i may be interested?

Last edited by cjg454ss; 11-09-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:25 PM

like i said earlier, send me back the motor and i will have my builder look it over. If you dont want to do that, thats fine. but i WILL NOT be sending you any money without seeing the motor. period!

The fact that all you want is money back makes me think its a case of buyers remorse. Nothing is wrong with that motor and after reading messages you send me i question you competence

ALSO, threatening me wont help the situation. Please stop wasting you time

how much do you want for the entire engine. i may be interested?
there were 0 threats i simply said that i will not let you screw someone over. this was after you told me that your engine builder claims he didnt do anything wrong and yes he maybe correct i am not claiming its his fault i am simply saying the block is shot and if your engine builder gets it if you do infact have a engine builder which i doubt since you cannot provide me with a # name or build sheet are you prepaired to spend the money and replace the block? show this video to your engine builder and see if he thinks the block it ok to run

as far as what i would want well of course what i paid and the bs3 i traded minus shipping that goes with out saying hell someone sells you something and you want a refund because its no go what would you want?

you want me to send it back for you to look at it and say i see nothing? did you forget your pm already?
"[i talked to the builder, he said no way the mains are off, it was just line hones. your on your own man, i dont know if you are serious or what but its you motor. good luck

chris"

Last edited by stangeater01; 11-09-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7v6bnlAEec

show your engine builder this and let me know what he says
Old 11-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Banned

im not going to give you the builders number so you can harrass him. He told me the motor was good to go, the motor ran fine when i took it out. Refreshed it and put it back together. As i stated you have the option of sending it back to me and ill have him look at it. If you dont want to send it i dont know what to tell you.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:13 PM

im not going to give you the builders number so you can harrass him. He told me the motor was good to go, the motor ran fine when i took it out. Refreshed it and put it back together. As i stated you have the option of sending it back to me and ill have him look at it. If you dont want to send it i dont know what to tell you.
if you are not prepared to fix the problem whats the use in me sending it back the block needs to be replaced you already said you do not have the money to pay to have it done if you want to send me a new or good 6.0 block i will pay to have the problem fixed thats the only to make it right. i just wanted confirmation from your builder that what was said was dont was. he was suposed to install bearings that would handle to power trying to be achieved and he installed stock ones whats the answer for this?
Old 11-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Banned

the block is good, heck its not even .030 over. line honed ready to go. Goodluck
Old 11-09-2009, 03:41 PM

the block is good, heck its not even .030 over. line honed ready to go. Goodluck
there is nothing wrong with the cylinders watch the video that is the problem the block has managed to twist something is not right obviously

Usually number 2 and number 4 mains recieve the abuse on a out of balance motor
they line honed the block but did they do it with the side bolts in or out and that could cause the cap to come out of alinement when u go through the torque sequence
Old 11-10-2009, 10:10 AM

well just got word from someone that knows him and the motor spun a bearing it ran consistant 6.6 and at best 6.4's so to add one more thing to the mix chris truly screwed me he claimed the motor went 6.0's all day and claimed the motor was fine. He does claim that i can send it back at my expense and he will have his well known builder look at it.. The way i see it is he spun a bearing and put stock ones in knowing it wasnt good enough and when the buyer spun another one it would be on them. way to screw someone Chris i am not spending another 400 to have the motor shipped to you and back to me for you to look at it and tighten things up and send it back if you want to make it right call R&d pay them to pin the block and re line bore it and i will pay for re-assembly

if your well know engine builder did put it together and didnt see this problem is shouldnt be in business or maybe you told him to run with and it would be someone elses problem hoping it wouldnt be checked before running.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Banned

haha someone that knows me? or someone that thinks they know me and thinks they know what the car runs. We have a lot of internet idiots here in Greenville sc that have no mods to their cars but seem to know everything about racing and building setups.

that setup i sent you went 6.2s, i showed you the videos on a day with a DA' of 2900, it corrected faster, and that was on bone stock suspension. 99% of the people in greenville dont even know what the DA is. So you talked to someone that knows who i am but has no first hand knowledge of my car or setup and heard it through 3 or 4 people that i talked to at a track day. Listen here man, that motor ran fine, do what you want with it or send it back its your call.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:38 PM

the only way to correct the problem is to 1 replace the block/main caps 2 pin the mains and rehone my question is are you prepaired to do any of this? if so i will send it back to you to correct the problem

you are saying it ran fine you are claming the motor never spun a bearing? it shows every sign of doing so if not

let me know and i will send the motor back

BTW you watched the video you know what needs to be done y not save me shipping to you and you shipping to me and have a local place do the work call who you want locally or even the machine shop i gave you lets get the problem fixed so we can resolve the problem with the least amount of expence possible i will even pay for reassembly just want you to pay to have the block fixed

Last edited by stangeater01; 11-10-2009 at 03:43 PM.

Quick Reply: I got screwed out of over 5k by cjg454ss