Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

stangstomper68 / $100 missing in action

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default stangstomper68 / $100 missing in action

User: stangstomper68 aka Caleb L. from Hickory, NC.
Thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-...ro-z-28-a.html

I bought a Camaro from Cale in April of 2009. We agreed on a price over the phone and the disclosed problems with the car were front tires to my recollection (I had a 12-hr drive ahead of me). I arrived in Hickory, and after waiting for him to get out of work, we headed to his parents' place of business where the Camaro was parked.

The A/C didn't work and I was informed that the system was completely discharged due to a leak in one of the lines. I didn't think of it as a big deal despite not having been told about this until after I flew out there. The car's condition was decent overall so we simply agreed that he would reinburse me $100. Sounded fair to me even though I understood that he deposited a large certified check into his account just minutes before.

I have since been dodged pretty heavily on this reinbursement; he told me that he's low on funds (he sold the Camaro to buy a TBSS if I recall correctly, so no sweat). I've sent him PM's on this forum as well as text messages in 2009 (June, July, August) and then again in 2010 (February, July, and November). I have a record of every single contact for those interested.

Last I heard from him was this PM from 10-18-2010:
The only thing I told you i would reemburse you for is the hose itself which was about 100 bucks. I never once told you i would pay for the recharge or the cost of labor on the repair. i have no problem paying for the hose but that will be all and this matter will be settled. On a side note you do realize its been like two years and your still chasing 100 bucks.
He has not responded to my subsequent PM or text message.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

I'm unsure if I'm expected to leave negative trader feedback in addition to this thread. I'm a bit concerned of a retalliatory negative comment as well.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:37 AM
On The Tree

bump!
Old 11-17-2010, 12:09 AM
On The Tree

bump!