Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Beware "mrburnout81"

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Beware "mrburnout81"

Middle of the month I was looking for a 99+ PCM to swap into my 98 TA. I came across this post from mrburnout81 "F.S. Pro Stars, lq4 stuff, computer, wire harness, sbc valvetrain". While checking out the post I saw he listed a 99 SS A4 PCM and I posted asking if he still had it and he replied he did. I had a couple questions and p.m.ed him. I was verifying it was a stock 99 SS A4 computer and he replied it was. Well, $135 dollars later I get a box with a pcm.
So prior to starting the swap I posted in the pcm/tuning area and asked a couple questions I had. The subject of the 02's being the best pcm to use came up and I posted the numbers off the pcm I just bought. This is where it goes south. It turns out the pcm he sent was an 03 DBW SUV/Truck pcm. So I contact him and he states he spent the money and as far as he knows I could be trying to play him.
If you go back to the original post he made it appears all reference to the pcm has been removed but other peoples posts asking about the pcm are still there. Why did he removed reference to the 99 SS A4 pcm? Also, in the same post he is selling LQ4 parts from an 03 2500HD and it just so happens the pcm he sold me is an 03.
This is a $135 lesson for me and I just want to warn people to be very sure about what you getting if you buy from him.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Staging Lane

Angry Update

Well this dispute has been going on a few days now on the PCM/Tuning section under "98 to 99+ PCM Question" posted by me. He has offered a $20 refund on $110? So, I'm am supposed to be ok with a PCM that won't work and giving him $90, get real. Note: Some may notice I originally made reference to $135 , that was my mistake. That amount was for another transaction I made where I got exactly what I paid for. Now it has been upgraded to a Claim.

John
Old 01-03-2011, 08:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You might as well get ready to lose that claim if he can show proof to paypal that he shipped you something. Proof of shipment is all they care about.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

ok, I'm going to chime in here to defend myself a little.

Here is my point of view

I sold this man a computer that to my knowledge was out of a 99 ls1 a4 car, NOT a 99 SS ls1 a4 car as the op keeps stateing. thats not a big deal anyways, just wanted to straighten that out.

The computer was to my knowledge was a ls1 a4 computer. Why to my knowledge? Because I had bought this off the forum from another member, don't remember his screen name but do have his personal name and address. That transaction, I purchased a 99 ls1 a4 camaro computer, thats all. One computer from him. I recieved the computer from him, and opened the box and looked at it, then put it on the shelf. It has sat there on the shelf till I sold it to the op. So from the time i bought it till the time i sold it, I am understanding that it is a 99 ls1 a4 computer, cause thats what i bought from him. Thats what I then sold it as.

This computer has nothing to do with the 03 truck harness i have. I purchased on a seperate occastion, a lq4 motor with harness, NO COMPUTER, this motor was to replace my shortblock in my car, a 2000 camaro.

Back to selling the computer, I sold the op this computer, the computer i believe is a 99 ls1 a4 computer, for a 100 plus 10 for shipping. I recieved the payment on 12-19. So i spent that money on some christmas presents for my step daughter. Without that money I couldn't of got her anything, I don't make alot of money, so i spent the 106.51 that i recieved from him.

On 12-29, i recieve a message from the op, that says the computer is from a 03 truck. Now what do i do? I tell him that i have spent the money, and i don't have any to send him back. This has now been going back and forth for a almost a week now. I have been trying to get something figured out, all while I'm being portrayed as a ******* who is trying to **** someone over. As of yesterday, I sold a couple things i got for christmas to come up with a 100bucks, I offered him that as a refund and he just turned it down. So it comes to this, he is going to his credit card company, and just keeps dragging this all out for a few more dollars, than he obviously needs way more than me.

I keep getting told i am a *******, that just wants to get over on people, but that is far from who i am. Look at my trader rating, its not much, but its all postive, I treat people the way i want to be treated. I am trying to work this out, I am in a shitty spot. I only can do so much.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Default Computer

Matt,

I understand that mistakes happen but as adults we need to do what we have to to set them straight. How would you feel if you paid $110 and received the wrong thing than the seller suggested you sell that item to get your money back? Than the seller offered you $20 back out of the $110 to settle the dispute? And last offered you $100 back out of the $110?
This is not making it right but in an effort to settle this I just sent you a pm suggesting you refund the $100 now and the $10 when you have or can afford it. But this is with the understanding that you will do this, at which point I have no problem returning the pcm or changing the negative feedback to neutral.

Matt,
One of the reasons I contacted you about the computer was due to you positive feedback rating and you have to admit I was very specific about what I needed. I do not know the details as where the pcm came from but you have to admit when it turns out to be an 03 PCM and you are selling some other 03 2500HD stuff it looks fishy or that maybe the pcm's got mistakenly swapped.

Rec;d a reply from Matt stating "Fine", hopefully he follows through.

Last edited by jhmws6; 01-04-2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: gramma, added info from seller
Old 01-04-2011, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Matt,
One of the reasons I contacted you about the computer was due to you positive feedback rating and you have to admit I was very specific about what I needed.I told you what i had. I had no ****** idea that i got fucked on a deal. I do not know the details as where the pcm came from but you have to admit when it turns out to be an 03 PCM and you are selling some other 03 2500HD stuff it looks fishy or that maybe the pcm's got mistakenly swapped. I have told you a few times, that the computer i had and the motor i have, have no ******* relation to each other. Thats the link for the ad where i purchased the motor, SEE POST 10.

For all i know, **** could be like this....
You bought a f-body computer for your car for 135 bucks from someone else, you recieved that computer and come to find out, ah **** this guy fucked me, its a 03 computer. what do i do now..... few days later you find my ad, with the 99 computer and also parts off a 03 truck, including harness, think to yourself, well ****, i can get his computer, then tell him he gave me the wrong one. get my money back from him, and send him back the 03 computer and keep my good one. so i guess shame on me for not figuring out if i really had a 99 or a 03 computer. **** could be like that, and i'm getting fucked. but i will never know

I really don't care what you think anymore. I will settle up with ya, and you can go one with your day.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Default reply

Matt,

For a 29 year old guy you need to grow up. But like you said lets move on, so send the money.

Last edited by jhmws6; 01-04-2011 at 08:30 PM. Reason: missed a word
Old 01-04-2011, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

just play it cool, i don't give a damn. i'm gonna stick with the story, that your ****** me. if only i had some pics of that computer somewhere.....
Old 01-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

Default mrburnout81

Check your pm's, all you need to do is contact paypal and they will allow the $100 offer which I will accept and you can get me the $10 when he have it.
I just got off the phone with them.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

why doesnt someone just hook the ecm up and have someone with either a tech 2 or hptuners/efilive read the ecm and get the VIN off it. that will tell you what the ecm is from instead of guessing that its from an 03. that would probably be a good place to start and to make sure this big mess is over nothing. just my $.02
Old 01-06-2011, 06:11 AM
Staging Lane

Default ECM year

It is a DBW ECM, which means it will not work in this application. By the number it is a 03 ecm from a truck or SUV type vehicle. So getting the vin is kinda a mute point. If it was the correct type of ecm and I could just have the OS swapped that would be great but thats not the case here.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Staging Lane

Default waiting

day 2 with no response from mrburnout? PM'd twice and posted.
Matt (mrburnout81),
If you read this please let me know what is going on.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jhmws6
day 2 with no response from mrburnout? PM'd twice and posted.
Matt (mrburnout81),
If you read this please let me know what is going on.
Did you file a PayPal claim?
Old 01-07-2011, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

all fixed
Old 01-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

Question All fixed?

I guess you could say so but the truth is that Paypal found in my favor and I will receive a full refund to include shipping once I ship the pcm back and provide them the tracking number. So yes it is done but I highly doubt that it would be if I had not filed the claim. I'm not saying not to buy from mrburnout81 but be careful because if there is an issue you may have to go through this in order to get it straightened out.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

damn sad to see stuff like this. he could of bought it and not knew it was for a truck just as u did but he neglected to check it.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

You are right and I would like to think that is what happened. The difference is how you handle it, you know.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by jhmws6
You are right and I would like to think that is what happened. The difference is how you handle it, you know.
Yeah that has alot to do with it ^^^^^^
Old 01-08-2011, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrburnout81
just play it cool, i don't give a damn. i'm gonna stick with the story, that your ****** me. if only i had some pics of that computer somewhere.....
Dude your wack what i get from the story is somone lied to you and you lied to somone else.. You bought a pcm that didnt work so you try to resale it and thats where its fucked up my friend.. Im sorry i dont do buisnees like that If i sold somone a part that didnt work for them I would tell them to sent it back then i would look at the part and if he is right refund money. And sell pcm for what it is not what you think it is.. I hate people like you foreal
Old 01-08-2011, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
Dude your wack what i get from the story is somone lied to you and you lied to somone else.. You bought a pcm that didnt work so you try to resale it and thats where its fucked up my friend.. Im sorry i dont do buisnees like that If i sold somone a part that didnt work for them I would tell them to sent it back then i would look at the part and if he is right refund money. And sell pcm for what it is not what you think it is.. I hate people like you foreal
what the **** is wrong with you?

i had no ******* idea the computer was for a 03 truck. i bought a 99 computer from a kid on here. read the whole story. i sold it as a 99 computer. by the time the guy i sold it to checked it out, i had already spent the money. I did what i had to do to come up with the money, i don't have any extra money, so it did take me a week or so to come up with it. I refunded the man his money, I DID NOT **** him over, i don't do business that way myself, this whole ****** thing got blown way out of proportion.

if you hate me so much, come say that **** to my face. really. internet hardass.

Its over, get the **** off my nuts and go on with your life

Quick Reply: Beware "mrburnout81"