Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Beware of Silvy6.0 / Justin Brewer

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of Silvy6.0 / Justin Brewer

I purchased a transmission from Silvy6.0 aka Justin Brewer around 10-4-10 here is the thread, https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...need-gone.html. He wanted me to pay the 3% paypal fees which I did and he wanted me to send the money as a gift. Which I did not do because you have no way to get your money back if something goes wrong. Justin said he would ship it out on 10-5-10.

10-7-10 Hadn't heard anything by the 7th so I PMed him asking about it. no reply

10-14-10 sent another pm asking if he had shipped it. Replied saying it was shipped last Thursday which would have been 10-7-10. Gave him my phone # for freight company to contact me. He said he would check the freight company to find out where it was at.

10-20-10 still no transmission. PMed him asking what he had found out on where the tranny was at.

10-21-10 pmed me and said tranny was still at freight co. and they wanted extra charge because it was freight and he wanted me to pick up at terminal which I said I could even though it was about 40 miles away.

10-26-10 still no tranny sent pm saying if the tranny was still at the terminal to just get it and refund my money. No reply

10-27-10 Justin had logged into his account twice but did not reply to my pm. sent another pm saying I was going to file a paypal claim if I did not hear from him by 10-28-10 which I did.

10-29-10 Find this for sale thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...lq9-parts.html in which on 10-17-10 he had the same transmission he sold me for sale again even used the same pictures. I call him out on the thread and he states in that thread on 10-29-10 that he had refunded the $535 dollars two weeks ago and that he sold the transmission locally. I posted a screen shot of my paypal showing there was no refund. He posts some more lies and excuses and tries to change the description of the tranny to make it look like a different one. I had a screen shot of the original thread to show how he was trying to change the description.

The paypal dispute showed that he was claiming that I had picked up the tranny locally. I called paypal and they said there was nothing they could do because there was no documentation showing I had not picked it up. I asked them why would I pay for it unseen and then drive from Texas to Ark. to pick it up. they agreed that was fishy and found in my favor. luckily the money was still in his account so I got a full refund. Sorry so long but there was a lot to explain.

1-2-11 the same transmission is for sale again in the classified section.https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...lver-hood.html

Last edited by jasong21; 01-03-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man that sucks, I still can't believe people do this to one another. Good Job of keeping on it and not getting taken on the deal.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Definitely sounds like a shady guy, but at least you got your money back...
Old 01-03-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jasong21
I called paypal and they said there was nothing they could do because there was no documentation showing I had not picked it up.
And that's the problem with PayPal... my hell they **** me off. "There was no documentation showing you hadn't picked it up??" That is rediculous. Of course there's not going to be any documentation to prove you HAVEN'T picked it up... that's the whole point... receipts are typically printed AFTER the transaction/pick up.

Me: "I never received the item I ordered online"
PayPal Agent: "Oh yes, the item is sitting right here in a box. Unfortunately there is no document that says you haven't taken it off of my desk and took it home with you, so there is nothing we can do."

HELLOOOOOO!!!

Okay, I'm done venting. Anyways, I'm glad it worked out for you man and you got a refund. Hopefully by making this thread you've saved someone else from going down the same road. Thanks for sharing!