Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Scott Hughes

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry Scott Hughes

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...m-700-a-2.html

Here's a thread wear he pretty much outs himself. I wish I'd have seen that sooner. I bought a pair of exhaust cutouts from him in August, and they never came. By November I asked for a refund. He said he couldn't pay me back cause he had just purchased a C3 Denali, three apartments, and a house. I said that was cool, and he could get me half the value of the cutouts AFTER Christmas, cause Christmas can be tight for most folks. Well, that time has come and gone, and he's ignored 2 pm's and an email from me. Now I find that he ripped a bunch of people off here too. Does anyone who's been scammed by him in the past know where he lives, I think it's police report time. If you've had trouble with Scott Hughes, who used to live in Poplar Bluffs Missouri, please pm me.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK, not long after I posted this Scott pm'd me and said when he was able, he'd send me my money back. Then February 18th Adam86 posted in the following thread that Scott had pm'd him asking to buy a set of cylinder heads he was selling. Adam86 had trouble with a turbo sale with Scott, so obviously this dude isn't very bright.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...m-700-a-2.html

Well, this guy has outed himself enough that I'd be a fool not to follow up on it. I talked to the Poplar Bluff, Missouri police department today but it turns out this would be under the jurisdiction of the Cyber Crimes detective, who wasn't in today. Again, if ANYONE has had trouble with Scott, pm me. I want him to fall as hard as the laws allow on this.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...d.php?t=477523

Here's my thread over on performancetrucks. To give you the Cliff's Notes, I got ahold of Scott, he said He'd pay when he could, then gave me an actual date of last Friday. Well, he Welshed on me, and when I called him to try to talk about it, he just kept repeating "Hello?" pretending not to hear me. Definite scammer. And the police and collection agencies aren't much help.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:55 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

I banned him, hope you and all the other members can get something back out of all of this.

~ Craig
Old 04-26-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks dude. I actually filed a report with the RCMP, who were gonna forward their report to the cybercrimes detective in Scott's hometown. I was told he'd be charged with fraud. You can close this thread down if you want, I'll maybe pm a mod or admin if I hear of any progress.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Did you paid with a credit card or atm ?. If so you can get your money back. I got scam by him for a 102mm fast intake too. actually it was 3 other peopple for the same item.

Paypal was no help, like always. But my bank got my money back, and that was cool
Old 07-01-2011, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

OK, some progress has been made. Don't wanna say too much before I get real results though. But if anyone reading this thread has had trouble with Scott Hughes, know that he won't send you any money via Paypal. It's impossible. But if you've legitimately had something stolen from you, it's fraud, and it's something you need to file a report with your local police about. I'll post back in the next few weeks when I know more.

Quick Reply: Scott Hughes