Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

98zonjuice sells parts he doesn't know the real condition of

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98zonjuice sells parts he doesn't know the real condition of

(Original advertisement below)

Yes, this transaction was done a year ago.

Yes, it took me 4 months to get it in, then winter hits (I don't drive or work on the truck in the winter), then spring hits and I spend 3 months making sure my "25,000" mile "rebuilt solid" T56 was really at fault, and not the master cylinder, slave cylinder or anything in between.

95% of my time is spent on family and job, 5% is spent on hobby cars. A year to try to do an LSx swap, and work the kinks out IS NOT unreasonable.

The trans was not right from day 1. Would not up or downshift into 3rd and 4th, and would not go into reverse. I contacted 98zonjuice in October (about a month after I finally got to drive the truck), and he told me he would refund me $300, but he just got laid off, and could only send me $100 at the time. He also informed me for the first time that he got the transmission from someone else, and didn't know the true condition of what he was selling me, and basically told me that bad deals happen all the time and this time it was my turn to get screwed and it was OK, because he got screwed before too.

Well, time goes buy, and I finally have enough cash to get the little transmission problem taken care of. Get a call today from a well respected T56 rebuilder here who informs me that not only did it appear that the transmission had never been rebuilt, but the entire transmission with the exception of 1st gear, the case, and the countershaft the rest was garbage and that the transmission would cost more to fix, than it would to buy a new one outright from him.

Yep, that's right! $2163 to 98zonjuice got me a $300 case, countershaft and a first gear. It did get me a blowproof bellhousing and a used spec3+ that worked, so I figure I paid about $2063 (I subtracted the $100 he actually refunded me). For a few parts with a used retail value of about $800.

The moral of the story is Check the condition of anything you buy immediately. Apparently with this guy hearsay is enough basis to sell something for top dollar. You get what you get, and to bad if it's a piece of ****.

Oh yeah, and the shifter was actually broken too. Man, this does sound like a nice deal though, doesn't it???

Old 06-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Everything i put in that ad was to the best of my knowledge, and it was exactly what the previous owner had told me in person and in the papers I received when I bought the car. What was I suppose to do? Tear it apart and make sure everything is perfect? I sold a used transmission and described it the best I could. I have a great trader feedback here and have dealt with a lot of people that havent left feedback as well. I have never screwed anyone over and never will. I guess I am confused as to why this is all of a sudden being brought up again?

Again I am sorry, but everything was fine with it was what I thought. I had no idea anything was wrong with it. I wouldn't have sold it If there was, that is not the type of person I am and not what I want to be known as on this forum.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Teching In

I have bought and parted out four cars and sold 90% of the parts on this site. Never had one problem. I take all the risk in buying the cars, and I assume all the parts I sell are in good used condition or near new.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Disclose in your add that you have no idea the real condition. You made it sound like it was YOUR transmission that you used, and verified that it worked great since the rebuild, 25,000 miles ago.

If you're selling something based on guessing/taking someone elses word for it, disclose it! Don't continue with the lies someone else told you.

I'm sorry man, I am OUT over $1400 + all the time I tried figuring out why my rebuilt T56 wasn't working right, and yeah, knowing know that you have no clue what you sold me, I am pissed.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98zonjuice
I assume all the parts I sell are in good used condition or near new.
BUYER BEWARE! ! ! He has no idea what condition the parts are in... they are all good used and near new to him $$$$$
Old 06-29-2011, 07:27 AM
Teching In

Dont take my post and use it like that. If giving you the $300 balance of the refund we agreed on will fix this than fine. Send me a pm with your information. I don't feel like being driven into the ground any more.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's a good point, and while I feel it's the way you sold me that Trans, it probably wasn't a fair blanket statement.

Here's what I see:

$2163 paid for shipping and paypal fees (lets say I paid you a total of $1900)

Here's what I got for my $1900 investment:

A core with a max value of $500 (not a recent "strong rebuilt" 25,000 mile T56)
A blowproof bellhousing worth about $300 (seems to be a fair going rate)
A used clutch and shifter worth about $250 (seems to be a fair going rate)

The fair value of what I bought from you was about $1050 and I feel I'm being generous.

When the builder called me yesterday and told me that the transmission was in the worst shape of any T56 he had ever received at the shop, and informed me that there was no indication that the transmission had never been rebuilt (and certainly did not contain any of the parts in it that you advertised) I was floored.

If that call had gone differently, and he confirmed that it was a fairly fresh trans with good parts in it but a few missed shifts broke a blocker ring and screwed up the synchros, and I was looking at a $700-$1000 rebuild, I would have never brought this up ever again. Just another lesson learned for me...

But the problem is, that's not how it worked. I paid for a transmission advertised as a strong, fairly fresh rebuild (your words, not mine) and got a pile of scrap.

You can continue believing that selling something based on what someone else told you for a premium price is OK, but I don't think that's a good way to have a parts business on the side (or whatever your situation is).
Old 06-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Teching In

Like I have said over and over, I sold it as what I was told and what I thought it was. If you think you over paid, I'm sorry for your buyer's remorse. Complaining about the price really has nothing to do with the situation now. I told you what I wanted for it, and you paid it. No one made you give me the money. Parts are sold here on probably an hourly basis with the real condition unknown. Is it right? Probably not. But not everything can be verified, so we have to sell by what we know what what the previous owners sold it as. I guess I'm sorry that I was lied to from the previous owner and that it carried over.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Buying something that was mis-represented by a seller is not buyers remorse, it's called FRAUD.

Know what you are selling without a doubt, or disclose that you have no idea (as you clearly DID NOT)
Old 06-29-2011, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think I have this all figured out. You must have sent me the wrong transmission. How about I send this one back to you, and you send me the right one with all the parts inside it as you advertised?

I feel so much better now, knowing that I have this little mix-up all figured out.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:51 AM
Teching In

I am no long going to respond to your thread here. I offered in my above post to refund the rest of the agreed amount and you ignored it. Sorry things had to come out like this. That's not the way I do business.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Why was the money never sent in the first place? Not important I guess, we'll just let the people who happen to search for your name here decide if they want to risk their money on some junk you got from another guy.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Every single part I have sold here was only owned by me after I bought a salvaged car. Everything is used. Exactly the same as a salvage yard. They don't know the condition either. I have a great trader rating here. Like i said, I offered twice now to make it right and you keep on with your rant. Not really the best way to go about things.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98zonjuice
Every single part I have sold here was only owned by me after I bought a salvaged car. Everything is used. Exactly the same as a salvage yard. They don't know the condition either. I have a great trader rating here. Like i said, I offered twice now to make it right and you keep on with your rant. Not really the best way to go about things.
I've never been to a salvage yard that advertised parts as being of a very specific condition, or including very specific parts inside.

You are nothing like any salvage yard I have ever done business with. Even the worst ones around here will guarantee condition and verify what's included to a certain degree.

Any that aren't willing to vouch for the condition of what they are selling price accordingly.

I'm certainly not the one who needs lessons on how to "go about things".

I'll rant as much as I please, the only thing standing between me and taking you to claims court or filing a fraud charge is the fact that it took me almost a year to discover I'd been screwed (weather you screwed me intentionally or not is irrelevant).
Old 06-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Teching In

Okay!
Old 07-01-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice to see you don't understand the problem
Old 07-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this sounds like bait and switch. Im sure a lawsuit could solve this.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 71novaguy
this sounds like bait and switch. Im sure a lawsuit could solve this.
Not worth the time... I refused to accept his $300 "settlement", not only becasue I think it's not nearly enough, but if I took the money, I'd feel too guilty about leaving this thread up here.

Just hoping others buy with extreme caution and don't pay much more than scrap value for whatever he's peddaling next time.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Teching In

The $400 is what YOU asked for. I offered and you declined. Should be the end.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

$300 was the deal, and you never paid. I shouldn't have to beg. I thought you were done replying to this thread?

You can keep trying to make me look like an idiot, but it isn't going to work..

I still have the PM's from when the original sale went down, and I offered you $1400 since I wasn't sure of the condition. You blew it off and told me a rebuilt trans was worth much more than that, and I conceeded.

Keep burying yourself.

Quick Reply: 98zonjuice sells parts he doesn't know the real condition of