Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Spent 7k for a non-running vehicle 7 months ago from The Jester 812

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spent 7k for a non-running vehicle 7 months ago from The Jester 812

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...-upgrades.html

Purchased the vehicle back in December of 2010. Paid $7k, plus the 3% paypal fee. He said he'd put the original LS1 motor back in since he had the 408 ci in it. I wasn't too worried, I was overseas in Kuwait, and wouldn't be back until March. I just wanted the vehicle ready by the time I got back.

I also bought the zr1 wheels and tires from him. The only complaint I have there is that one of the little plastic logos on one of the tires is missing, but the tires alone i think were good for the $500.

I waited and waited. I got back in March. May came around and the car still wasn't ready. I tried to get daily updates on the car, but there was little progress. The mechanic told me that I was harassing him (tried to call him once a day for updates, and that was too often) and said he wasn't going to work on it anymore. I was very polite with everyone I talked to on the phone, because they had my money, and my car. I finally had it shipped to me, non-running. Because it wasn't running, I had to pay an additional $300 to the shipper.

when it got to me, it was missing quite a few pieces. The fuel rail, the valve cover, the pushrods, the ac compressor, the ac bracket, and the ac condensor. The passenger side rear caliper was damaged. A replacement was provided, but the mounting hardware was missing.

I contacted him, and he sent out the fuel rail, the valve cover, and the pushrods. He couldn't find the ac compressor, or ac bracket, and sent me an ac drier instead of a condensor. A/C compressor cost $135 with shipping, a/c condensor cost me 100 with shipping. I also need to purchase the plumbing for the A/C system, and have it charged. Not sure how much that'll cost. My mechanic took off the valve cover on the driver side to check the work that had been done and discovered that the pushrods on that side were 8" long.

I had to purchase new pushrods. $100.

When we put the provided fuel injectors into the fuel rail, we discovered that they were a good inch too short. We had to purchase replacement fuel injectors. $200.

The paint has an orange peel pattern/texture over the entire car, and there are paint drips and chips on the back. I was quoted $400 to correct it at $25/hr.

The u-joint on the driveshaft is mangled. Not too expensive to replace, but I shouldn't have to replace it.

It's missing the floormats. Not a huge deal, but I didn't know they weren't coming with it. If I want the stock ones, I know it'll cost a decent amount, so I'll probably buy some at AutoZone or something.

The hood is scratched up in several places. not sure why that is. There are little asterisk-shaped scratches in several corners.

Minor things: belts are missing, and power steering pulley has a chip on the edge where it contacts the belt

Not to mention labor to get this all put together.

As it is, unfortunately, I've spent well over a thousand dollars trying to get this car put back together, and I paid for it over 7 months ago.

What I'd really like would be to have enough of my money refunded to me so that I can pay my mechanic. I paid for a running car, and got an incomplete, missing parts, project car, 5 months later.

I left negative feedback for him. And just noticed that the headlights pictured in the sale thread are not the headlights that came with the car. Also discovered that the u-joint straps on the drivetrain are missing. I also need to purchase a whole ton of bolts. Minor things, but they add up.

Discovered that the crankshaft didn't rotate inside the block. Pulled the engine and discovered that one of the piston skirts was striking the crankshaft. Had them clearanced, so they rotate now, but that cost me some good money in labor.

The number two spark plug socket was stripped. Found out that he had forced a steel plug in there, and cracked the head. Was able to get a replacement head assembled for $300.

Clutch slave cylinder was all hacked up. He had provided a spare, but had put it together with the hacked up one. It had deep gouges all over it. We had to literally cut it out with a grinder.
Pilot bushing almost looked like it was welded in there. Replacement wasn't really expensive, but again, I shouldn't have to pay for that. It was a PITA to get the old one out.

Perma-gasket was so thick in places i could scrape it off with a knife. The clutch was stuffed full of red grease.

He said he'd done an ABS delete and installed a proportioning valve. The lines running into the valve are corroded. The brakes only operate on the right side of the car right now. As far as "deleting" the ABS, he meant that he'd simply cut all the wires that had gone into the ABS unit, so I've got a bunch of chopped, exposed wires sticking out of the wiring harness.

He painted over the fog lights when he painted the car. Hopefully I can repair that.

The vehicle was advertised as having lower control arms/relocators, thicker swaybar, and crossmember mounted short torque arm. The price was $7500. I paid him the $7k, and an additional $500 for the tires, but didn't get those suspension pieces. I'm guessing the only reason I got the subframe connectors was because they're harder to get out than the rest of it.

Hoses inside fuel pump assembly were cut up, preventing the vehicle from running.

The vehicle has an LS1 intake, despite the fact that it's an 02 vehicle and should have been equipped with the LS6 intake.

It's funny, but The Jester 812 said that I'd have had my car running by now if I'd left it with him. Clearly, he was full of it. He had no idea what he was doing with the car.

His real name is Thomas Foley, and he's from Eastern Shore, Virginia. Beware!

Last edited by JeremyKrauss; 03-25-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Add further complaints/issues.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:27 AM
On The Tree

completely agree.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:21 AM
Teching In

Default Wtf

i agree also this guy is a low life if he doesnt make it right!!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

I say put him on the stand of ls1tech. Why do I not see a negative feedback in his trader rating from you?
Old 02-15-2012, 02:22 AM
On The Tree

Update: I am now over $13k into the car. Hopefully, she will be running in a few days, and we'll see if there are more hidden issues to discover.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:42 AM
Launching!

Never had it happen to me personally, but I would imagine that this situation is about as bad as it can get. 7k for an incomplete car, that didn't even come with everything that SHOULD have. On top of not getting basic accessories and the aftermarket parts, seemed like there was a lot of backyard know how, and plain stupidity from the way you describe the poor "assemble job" within the heads and engine...just plain shitty.

Hope you get compensated.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow...got a busted-*** non-running car, and without the pieces that were advertised with it.
Beat-down time.....
Old 02-16-2012, 09:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

cant stress this enouph, NEVER buy a performance car without being there to drive it, you ight can get away with that with sedans and suvs cause most people levae those cars alone but there is always a risk, I would of only gave him a deposite on the car and then paid him in full when it was up and running by a certain date and if he didnt meet that date then he could refund the deposit, if he wouldnt agree to that then you know something was up. I doubt you will see anyting from this guy, shame about the car but its to bad you didnt try to do some performance upgrades while you were at it probably wouldnt have costed much more money.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, I've learned a valuable lesson. A very very expensive, painful lesson, but it was learned. Probably should've just done a deposit. I've been doing some performance upgrades since it's out, doing the intake/exhaust, getting it tuned properly, all kinds of new and improved parts.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

To add to the list:

I didn't realize until recently, but there's an LS1 intake on my 2002 engine. WTF.

Went to hook up the cooling system today. Missing the petcock on my radiator. Dammit! a small part, but it's going to hold me up until start of business tomorrow.

Last edited by JeremyKrauss; 03-05-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Launching!

I would be on a plane to beat the **** out of him and maybe burn his house down.... a few nights in jail would be well worth it for me.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Cadzila's Banned Troll Account

you are the dumbass who bought it sight unseen. Be a man and quite your whining.
Originally Posted by JeremyKrauss
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...-upgrades.html

Purchased the vehicle back in December of 2010. Paid $7k, plus the 3% paypal fee. He said he'd put the original LS1 motor back in since he had the 408 ci in it. I wasn't too worried, I was overseas in Kuwait, and wouldn't be back until March. I just wanted the vehicle ready by the time I got back.

I also bought the zr1 wheels and tires from him. The only complaint I have there is that one of the little plastic logos on one of the tires is missing, but the tires alone i think were good for the $500.

I waited and waited. I got back in March. May came around and the car still wasn't ready. I tried to get daily updates on the car, but there was little progress. The mechanic told me that I was harassing him (tried to call him once a day for updates, and that was too often) and said he wasn't going to work on it anymore. I was very polite with everyone I talked to on the phone, because they had my money, and my car. I finally had it shipped to me, non-running. Because it wasn't running, I had to pay an additional $300 to the shipper.

when it got to me, it was missing quite a few pieces. The fuel rail, the valve cover, the pushrods, the ac compressor, the ac bracket, and the ac condensor. The passenger side rear caliper was damaged. A replacement was provided, but the mounting hardware was missing.

I contacted him, and he sent out the fuel rail, the valve cover, and the pushrods. He couldn't find the ac compressor, or ac bracket, and sent me an ac drier instead of a condensor. A/C compressor cost $135 with shipping, a/c condensor cost me 100 with shipping. I also need to purchase the plumbing for the A/C system, and have it charged. Not sure how much that'll cost. My mechanic took off the valve cover on the driver side to check the work that had been done and discovered that the pushrods on that side were 8" long.

I had to purchase new pushrods. $100.

When we put the provided fuel injectors into the fuel rail, we discovered that they were a good inch too short. We had to purchase replacement fuel injectors. $200.

The paint has an orange peel pattern/texture over the entire car, and there are paint drips and chips on the back. I was quoted $400 to correct it at $25/hr.

The u-joint on the driveshaft is mangled. Not too expensive to replace, but I shouldn't have to replace it.

It's missing the floormats. Not a huge deal, but I didn't know they weren't coming with it. If I want the stock ones, I know it'll cost a decent amount, so I'll probably buy some at AutoZone or something.

The hood is scratched up in several places. not sure why that is. There are little asterisk-shaped scratches in several corners.

Minor things: belts are missing, and power steering pulley has a chip on the edge where it contacts the belt

Not to mention labor to get this all put together. Fortunately, the mechanic is only going to charge $25/hr.

As it is, unfortunately, I've spent well over a thousand dollars trying to get this car put back together, and I paid for it over 7 months ago.

What I'd really like would be to have enough of my money refunded to me so that I can pay my mechanic. I paid for a running car, and got an incomplete, missing parts, project car, 5 months later. I'd like to have the difference between the advertised car, and the actual car, but I'd be willing to settle for enough to get her running. $1500 would be fair.

I left negative feedback for him. And just noticed that the headlights pictured in the sale thread are not the headlights that came with the car. Also discovered that the u-joint straps on the drivetrain are missing. I also need to purchase a whole ton of bolts. Minor things, but they add up.

Discovered that the crankshaft didn't rotate inside the block. Pulled the engine and discovered that one of the piston skirts was striking the crankshaft. Had them clearanced, so they rotate now, but that cost me some good money in labor.

The number two spark plug socket was stripped. Found out that he had forced a steel plug in there, and cracked the head. Was able to get a replacement head assembled for $300.

Clutch slave cylinder was all hacked up. He had provided a spare, but had put it together with the hacked up one. It had deep gouges all over it. We had to literally cut it out with a grinder.
Pilot bushing almost looked like it was welded in there. Replacement wasn't really expensive, but again, I shouldn't have to pay for that. It was a PITA to get the old one out.

Perma-gasket was so thick in places i could scrape it off with a knife. The clutch was stuffed full of red grease.

He said he'd done an ABS delete and installed a proportioning valve. The lines running into the valve appear corroded. As far as "deleting" the ABS, he meant that he'd simply cut all the wires that had gone into the ABS unit, so I've got a bunch of chopped, exposed wires sticking out of the wiring harness.

He painted over the fog lights when he painted the car. Hopefully I can repair that.

The vehicle was advertised as having lower control arms/relocators, thicker swaybar, and crossmember mounted short torque arm. The price was $7500. I paid him the $7k, and an additional $500 for the tires, but didn't get those suspension pieces. I'm guessing the only reason I got the subframe connectors was because they're harder to get out than the rest of it. I've got to add new toe links because the current rear end doesn't have them.

Had to have the fuel injectors rebuilt because they were shot. $130.

Have to replace the fuel pump. I've got to post a picture of what it looks like, but it looks like he used a pair of tin shears to cut the hole to upgrade the fuel pump. It's got extremely jagged edges. It's making about 2 PSI right now. OEM: ~$300+. Will purchase a Walbro 255LPH for $105.

It's funny, but The Jester 812 said that I'd have had my car running by now if I'd left it with him. Clearly, he was full of it. He had no idea what he was doing with the car.

His real name is Thomas Foley, and he's from Eastern Shore, Virginia. Beware!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

I'm aware that I made a mistake in trusting this guy. There isn't any reason to attack me over it. I've learned my lesson, and I trust my fellow man a lot less now because of it.

I just put this up to let people know not to deal with him, and to see if he would try to right what he did. Not because I'm complaining, oh, poor me, looking for your sympathy.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:07 PM
TECH Resident

Wow! I cant believe someone would buy a car let alone a performance car without driving it or seeing it in person! That just blows my mind!

Its all done now. Sorry for your loss. Guy sounds like a real dick.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Launching!

If you still need AC stuff PM me.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

Umm, depending on how you paid, initiate a credit card charge back. or, take ti small claims court, when he doesnt show there will be a warrant issued for his arrest in your state. then file one in his home state as well. fly out and sue his ***.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Umm wtf you guys attacking him for buying it without seeing it??? He was overseas an couldnt drive it. He trusted a man that fucked him over out of a lot of money. Hope for the best for the buyer. An karma is going to be a bitch for the seller.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:51 AM
On The Tree

I'll be the first to admit that I was foolish to purchase it sight unseen.
What I SHOULD have done was hire somebody to go out and look at the vehicle and tell me to stay the hell away from it.

All I can do is work on my car, and trust karma will take care of him.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:58 AM
TECH Addict

It might be worth pursuing in small claims court. Id definitely check my options you got screwed pretty hard. I would file a claim with paypal too! I understand the point people are making that he should check it out, but he said he learned that lesson dont rub salt in an open wound. Youd think youd be able to half *** trust someone to at least sell you a running car. If I bought one unseen, Id expect and accept a few problems, but damn...
Old 03-19-2012, 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flippincamaro
Umm wtf you guys attacking him for buying it without seeing it??? He was overseas an couldnt drive it. He trusted a man that fucked him over out of a lot of money. Hope for the best for the buyer. An karma is going to be a bitch for the seller.
I agree! What the heck! The guy was in Kuwait! Probably a service member. I don't care if he even saw a photo of the car, the guy should have been honest about the car!!! No excuse for that. The car was nothing as described.

Quick Reply: Spent 7k for a non-running vehicle 7 months ago from The Jester 812