Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Ripoff artist Lamar Murphy aka SS99Z51

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ripoff artist Lamar Murphy aka SS99Z51

Lamar sold me a set of "LS3" heads that he claimed were brand new GM castings. He was supposed to do some cleanup on the casting and some minor port work and install Lunati dual valve spring kit good for .600 lift. Also I was to receive a brand new LS3 cam and a custom ground cam to the specs I specified on a comp LSL lobe profile. I also ordered a new timing set from him.

I paid almost $1400 via paypal which he specified he wanted sent as a gift. I have never used that option and didnt know what it entailed. The heads showed up and turned out to be a rebuilt 823 and a 5364 head with the casting number ground off that one. He thought I was so stupid that I wouldn't realize there were two different castings. Definetly not "Brand new" gm castings. One head had the combustion chamber ground smooth. The other one wasnt touched. It came with cheap *** Procomp springs, not Lunati. The mating surfaces are dented up from careless handling in his shop.

The "new" LS3 cam had wear on the lobes indicating used as well...The custom cam he simply looked through a catalog and ordered the closest thing he could find he said. He claimed it was a Howards cam. It came from a place called PEP (Precision engine products) Definetly not a Comp LSL lobed cam. The specs werent what I specified at all, somewhat close but not what I ordered. The timing set never arrived. I got screwed hard by him.

He got pissed at me and acted like he did me a solid and gave me a hell of a deal and did me a huge favor. Not one thing was like it was advertised. I googled "Lamar Murphy Wichita Falls TX" and what do you know. He has scammed other people on corvette forums and im sure more. His alias on the corvette forum is BMFRC.

His original fix for this was to make a claim with FedEx for a damaged shipment because of the dented mating surfaces which he insured for $1000.00 Of course they will pay him the money. He wanted to keep my money, claim the Fedex $1000 and he told me to send him everything back!

He would be holding all the cards. The merchandise, my money and Fedex's claim money and I would have diddly dick to show.

He was supposed to give me a refund and only gave a partial and didnt even chip in for shipping. Then immediately disputed the refund through paypal mere hours later.

Paypal launched an investigation and came to my aid. Im getting a full refund after I ship all his "****" back. He still plans to scam Fedex for the $1000 and resell the heads.

Don't walk, RUUUUN away from this guy.

Anytime a supposed 58 yr old man calls you Bro and Dude way too much, you should think twice. Just throwing that out there.

He has stuff listed here in the classifieds now so watch out people.

M&M Motorsports
5501 Hooper DR.
Wichita Falls, TX 76306
User BMFRC
Name Lamar Murphy
Email murphywf@yahoo.com

Link to the corvette forums scam : http://forums.corvetteforum.com/tran...ar-murphy.html
Old 04-04-2013, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

yeah, i had a problem out of this ***-hat also. took him a damn MONTH to send me a freaking crank spacer. if he'd been local, his *** would have caught a couple ruger slugs lol
Old 04-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

His bad rep was running rampant over ten years ago. He is always selling some hammered junk parts.

I was at a swap meet in Chikasha, Oklahoma several years ago and I had a 5.3 stroke BBC crankshaft with me that was cracked. I had taken a lump on the crankshaft which I had bought with a USPS money order. Lamar bought the crank from me after I showed him where it was broken. He said he would have it welded and build an engine with it.

What are the odds the person who bought the engine with that crank in it was told about the crank being welded?

I think he used to be North Texas Racing Engines or something like that.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It never fails to impress me how much work some criminals and thieves put into their work, they could make money doing legit work, selling legit stuff, and instead choose to rip people off and probably for less than they would make doing it right.

Mail fraud is a felony but Fedex doesn't have a good system to report scams like his, they only seem interested in phishing and virus scams. If you have a few minutes to try and report to Fedex, it might do some good but they will prob settle with him anyway.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you give him negative feedback? He just PMed me about a LS3 fuel rail i put in the 'parts wanted' section. I looked at his feedback and it was all positive, although nothing within a few months. Luckily i googled him and found 2 threads about shady deals.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

beware of him! i post a couple things in the wtb section and hes always replying that he has it. we got into an argument bc of something stupid over me not wanting it at his price or something. i forgot what exactly it was bc it happend months ago. seems like a really sketchy guy. would not trust sending my money to him just by the way he talks, describes things to me etc
Old 11-27-2013, 04:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nuckifuts
Did you give him negative feedback? He just PMed me about a LS3 fuel rail i put in the 'parts wanted' section. I looked at his feedback and it was all positive, although nothing within a few months. Luckily i googled him and found 2 threads about shady deals.
To be honest at the time I was so focused on getting my money back that I didnt even think about leaving him negative feedback. I wish I had done it. I was too busy between work and working with paypal. It really hurt. He screwed me for a large chunk of money so I was in panic mode.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SStressin
beware of him! i post a couple things in the wtb section and hes always replying that he has it. we got into an argument bc of something stupid over me not wanting it at his price or something. i forgot what exactly it was bc it happend months ago. seems like a really sketchy guy. would not trust sending my money to him just by the way he talks, describes things to me etc
Yeah I know, he was somewhat nice until you send him your money and then he will change up the deal and try to become all pushy on the phone and suddenly be busy at work 24/7 and cannot talk, only text.

For the love of God people, please don't do business with this piece of ****.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Sending as a gift is a dead giveaway...Im an honest guy so I do give buyers the option if they want to save a few bucks.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like a real tool, how did you go about getting back your money on paypal? Were they pretty cool with it although you sent it as a gift? I've also went ahead and paid the extra couple of dollars for reassurance.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
Sending as a gift is a dead giveaway...Im an honest guy so I do give buyers the option if they want to save a few bucks.
I offer gift option on big sales but also state that I have been a member for awhile and have the good feedback to back me up.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Teching In

paypal was really cool about it...when i spoke to a rep on the phone they did an investigation and i showed them the text messages and what i got. They didnt care that i paid by gift they cared that i got screwed. they ruled in my favor and i mailed his **** back. When he signed for it they refunded my money and a little of the return shipping so i didnt lose much in the whole ordeal just 20 bucks, 5 hours of wages and 2 weeks of my time.

Heres the funny part. When i was on the phone with the paypal rep he examined Lamar's paypal account and told me that this guy judging from his history on here is a "real veteran" scammer.

Lamar is such a D-bag.

Originally Posted by 88blackiroc
Sounds like a real tool, how did you go about getting back your money on paypal? Were they pretty cool with it although you sent it as a gift? I've also went ahead and paid the extra couple of dollars for reassurance.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did they bother to freeze his account so he would be forced to look for other ways to collect the money, or did they leave it as an active and unrestricted account?
Old 12-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Teching In

I was never given that information so I can't say one way or another. I can only assume since he still had a balance and is still selling stuff on here he either still has his account or signed up for a new one.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Teching In

personally i think his account should have been frozen and then suspended permanently and his accounts on here banned. Ban his IP address to prevent further fraudulent ls1tech accounts etc. etc.....a known and proven scammer. If all you have to do is google someones name and scammer comes up then its pretty bad.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:37 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-...ack-forum.html

5. Do NOT post in ANY thread in which you were not personally involved with the sale or transaction. If you did not start the thread and your name is not in the title; THEN DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD
The days of unnecessary remarks, opinions, and prodding by people that were not part of the deal to begin with are over. This is a 3 strikes and you are out policy. 2 warnings with infractions then a ban. No exceptions.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:39 PM
Launching!

sorry **** tried to sell me junk pistons that he said had dyno time only,ring land was lifted so bad on one the whole dome was distorted,got most of my money back from his sorry ***
Old 04-10-2014, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Now that you mention it,i had a trashed Callies Dragonslayer crank that was spun so bad it was cracked.He told me he would buy it for $50.00 and "fix it".Probably going in some poor bastards motor.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

Oh he is a pillar of his community. I am sure.

8:13am

I guess he must have thought I didn't hear him.
8:14am
Old 04-12-2014, 11:03 AM
Staging Lane

SS99Z51,

I didn't sell you a Callies Dragonslayer crank, nor did I ever say I did. skidmarkSS said he did. Also as sure as this earth is spinning right now I didn't sell you the one I had for $50. I am thinking you bought it from me for $450. When you lie to people and cheat them it gets all mixed up in your head. Because you have told so many lies it takes a multitude of lies to cover up every last one you told.

So now you are going to continue with the PMs.

Quick Reply: Ripoff artist Lamar Murphy aka SS99Z51