Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

DO NOT SELL or DEAL with James (Jim) Frank from Ohio

Old 03-07-2014, 08:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation DO NOT SELL or DEAL with James (Jim) Frank from Ohio

I sold him a set of Valve covers w/MSD billet coil brackets with 10an bung fittings welded in for breather/catch can as shown in listing https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...s-n-bolts.html

He purchased the the valve covers on 2/28/14. As soon as payment was received I went to pick up valve covers at my shop to ship. Once I got the I seen where someone had laid an exhaust pipe next to them and had lightly scatched the bottom of them. I then called Jim and explained to him what happened and he asked me to him picture text of the valve covers to see in which I did. After sending him the pictures (showing the 10an fittings clearly) I called him back and offered him a full refund before shipping if he wasnt satisfied. He said to continue with shipping he still wanted them. I boxed them up and shipped them that day paying $22 for shipping thru Goin Postal. After they shipped about 2 hours later they emailed me the tracking number and I immediately copied and pasted it to a text and sent it to Jim and told him they were shipped Fedex. He replied with a great, thanks. An hour later approximately he sends me this text: "If you have pms from guys that wanted them please send them my #, I had my head up my *** & didn't think about the fittings on them
Can't use em", which I did. That was friday...monday I get a text from a buyer where I had forgotten to take ad down as sold. So I gave him Jim's number and told him he wanted to sell due to that. That guy then texts me back saying valve covers should be back to me according to Jim because he stopped shipment...first I heard of it. I then check tracking and it showed it to be delievered Tuesday March 4th to Jim. I then checked my paypal and it showed an open dispute/claim of item not as described and my funds have been removed. So I then texted Jim numerous timed and received no response. I called him and he hung up without answering. I then called paypal explained the situation and provided a tracking number and they immediately closed the case saying buyers remorse is not covered and he lied due to the fact he hadnt even received the item yet restoring funds to my account. The next day another dispute was opened when I checked where he had appealed it. That day the tracking number showed it had been delievered and the package was left at the back door. I then called paypal again and they advised me a decision had to be made by them and to wait. So I tried once again to contact Jim in an effort to resolve the issue in a text with no response at all. The next day it showed package was on its way back to me with a new tracking number. So I then called paypal again advising them of what had happened and their response was that the buyer would receive a full refund, shipping and all once item was received again by me because he refused package which he obviously did not it was left at his back door and he took it back meaning he couldve opened it or done whatever he wanted which I explained to paypal to which their reply was Fedex will check it. So now I am awaiting the arrival of my valve covers hoping theyre not damaged and as soon as tracking numbers shows delivered per paypal he will receive his refund in full regardless of his lack of attention to detail and I would lose my shipping cost of $22 and gas spent to ship as well as time lost to other potential buyers. And if theyre damaged paypal said to contact them and they would see what they could do meaning if its the same as theyve done so far...nothing. I have told the buyer this is a sorry, low down way of doing business and I would never sell to him again if he was the last person to sell to. I feel I have been scammed due to a liar and tire kicker and this is completely rediculous when I went to the extremes I did as a seller to insure he would be satisfied. I posted this so that maybe someone else wont have to go thru weeks of your merchandise getting tied up as well as money and lose sale after sale due to someones lack of reading. Although I know it will happen again with someone else at least everyone is aware of one that will scam you and know to avoid them. If the buyer had responded I would have been more than willing to work with him in giving a refund but now that the events have taken place that have I wouldnt give him a thing in return if it was up to me. I just hope no one else has to go thru this headache of wasting their money and time over crap like this which is the only reason I post this, thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DO NOT SELL or DEAL with James (Jim) Frank from Ohio