Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Camaro9969 did me wrong

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

UPDATE: I did get it to run when I got it to straightline. After they waited 10-15 min. for me to get it started they gave up and were going inside to get help to push it off right before they opened the door to go in it started. So, it does start. They are going to try and figure out what it is while it is getting the chassis work done because this sucks No title yet.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:55 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by johnp94
Get title yet ?
I got a response from the kid I got the car from saying he spent $50 extra to guarantee 5 business days this was Friday. I told Him to post in here but either way will be all over soon and I couldn't be happier. This whole thing has been frustrating since I technically didn't own the car but I sure learned a few lessons here. I'll post when I get it and it will be overnighted to Chris.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jetfixrguy
I cant believe im reading this. Who buys a car sight unseen? Any person that buys something without seeing it in person especially for a large amount of money has absolutely so sense. I don't care how many good feedbacks someone has you have to always protect yourself. Crazy.....
Enough said for me. I have learned my lesson. I will post when get a title. Been almost 3 months.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Regardless of what people have heard, I have not received the title yet.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:25 PM
8 Second Club

Update I finally got the title first thing this morning. I have apologized for it taking so long but it was out of my control the guy I got the car from was dealing with PA and I know nothing about their laws but as you can see in the picture the title was just released 1/30 I'll be sending the title today and this mess can be over with.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:36 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 67Firebird455
Glad you got it resolved man. Camaro9969 is a stand up guy, I'd definitely trust him.
Thanks man appreciate that. I've felt bad about this whole thing it's been such a mess. But very happy I finally got the title and shipped it today.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Amen. Doug (Camaro9969) is a very trustworthy guy.
Old 05-15-2016, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

UPDATE:
It aint over.
The car has stock heads not ported, there are no ARP head studs as he said he seen when he had the valve covers off. The car does not have a ultra bell. He states it wasnt even his car, well it was his before he traded his buddy for the motor that is in his car now. So he knew that 1. It didn't have a title at the time of the sale, 2. It had an electrical issue that kept it from starting when it was cold (told me after the check was cashed and after it was already loaded up and headed my way. 3. when I asked if they used ARP studs on the crank and rods HE stated that he was pretty sure they did because when he had the valve cover off he seen ARP head studs. They are factory head bolts. 4. Wasnt sure on the specifics of the tranny but it had a trans brake and ultrabell and advertised as such. 5. Why did he pull the ad after the car sold? it is the only ad that I can tell he had deleted.
He stated that he didnt drive it then he had driven it all over and he ran some 11.0's with it. Now stated that he had it for 1 day before he traded to a friend that was in Afghanistan so he was only going by what people said so he is off the hook.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I asked if the motor had arp studs on crank and rods, he didn't know but assumed it did because he seen arp head studs when he had the valve cover off. I pulled the motor and tranny this weekend and took the valve cover off and it has factory head bolts. The heads were also not ported. Sorry if I wasn't clear. The tranny also did not have a ultra bell. I am going to pull the pan this weekend if I get off in time to check to see if it even has a Callie crank and rods. I will post good or bad.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kill_machine85
You realize you sais they didn't see head studs but then later in you say they say head studs right. Secondly if he had the valve overs off he has no idea of there are studs in the crank, the oil pan would have to be off.
You go to say it didn't have but them they said it had ultra bell too.
As far as driving he may have said it because ehe didn't want you thinking you cam just jump in amd rive down the street with but should have been more clear. As well it may simply start bad in cold weather is its nodded and tuned you do realize that I'd a bad combo for cold weather right? My car would never start in anything cold either. Some of it seems fishy in away but it could be confusion aMD miss explaining things as well.
And one wierd thing on your end is what took so long to look at the engine it's been months now?
Straightline performance has had the car for 15 months and it is still not right. I pulled the motor and tranny to put in another project to save me some money. The issue will not be fixed anytime soon by straightline so the chassis won't need the motor and I can't sell the chassis as it is. If it is a totally stock 400 just a transbrake with no bell it would be cheaper to use it as a core and buy new.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:09 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I've went through and cleaned a lot of this up. I don't know if reading comprehension owns a lot of people but let me spell it out... Again.

5. Do NOT post in ANY thread in which you were not personally involved with the sale or transaction. If you did not start the thread and your name is not in the title; THEN DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD
The days of unnecessary remarks, opinions, and prodding by people that were not part of the deal to begin with are over. This is a 3 strikes and you are out policy. 2 warnings with infractions then a ban. No exceptions.

All can be found here
https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-...ack-forum.html

Quick Reply: Camaro9969 did me wrong