Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Paid for a stall, received a box full of life jackets!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by transamfreak01
Well thank you dr wigham for sending me a message to allow me to be aware of this post. When this whole thing first started I actually sent nineball an email stating everything Jesus Melendez has mentioned so far. When I first received a pm saying he received life jackets I honestly thought it was a joke until I asked him and he replied that no he's not joking. So the FIRST thing I did was call my buddy who ships a lot of things for me and tell him what was going on. His first response was, "where the hell would I get those life jackets from? I work at a wine shipping company." All they do is box wine and ship it daily so their account gives them some push room for weight. When I had him ship it I'll be honest, I never looked to see what the label read in weight. Who the hell does when you are shipping something.

So then I asked for some pictures that he provided for me right away. In the first picture I noticed the shipping label was ripped off, and re taped back on with clear tape. When I brought that up to my buddy there he informed me that they only use stick on labels and they do not tape them on. So there was a huge red flag.

We talked and tried figuring out how to go about dealing with ups and this and that. THEN he says, well how about you refund some of the money back. Another red flag. Why would someone who claims they got ripped off ask for part of their money back if they were not in the wrong what so ever? Seems a little odd to me. I will provide a picture of that message also as soon as I get by my computer in about 20 min.

I honestly don't know what to do in this situation. I'm not going to just send the money back when I honestly did not rip him off and be out the money and the converter. I will contact the company who shipped my items and try to help. But when he's calling me at 1:30-2am when I have work and then accusing me rather than trying to help the situation, you can probably see why I would be a little irritated. I'll will update this in a few when I make a call to them
You are the seller and you arranged shipment, therefore you are responsible.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:33 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Todd, did you not see my reply above?

Cmon guys. Both buyer and seller are working this out. Everyone else needs to stay out of the thread.

Rule #5

https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-...ack-forum.html
Old 02-08-2015, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Todd, did you not see my reply above?

Cmon guys. Both buyer and seller are working this out. Everyone else needs to stay out of the thread.

Rule #5

https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-...ack-forum.html
No, sorry I did not.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(1/3) Talked to my boss. He said all we can do is wait for ups to investigate. He said he is pretty sure the guy is shady cause ups didnt send us anything that (2/3) they were investigating a package so the suspicion is on the customer not my company. My boss also said if a ups employee stole it they will find out wher(3/3) e and when. All their warehouses are on video surveillance so they will be able to see the package being swapped.

This is what was sent to me this morning.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:25 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They wouldn't have been notified because they don't answer the phone, I called the wine shipping company several times on Friday with no answer.
I filed the claim on Friday.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

So you haven't talked to anyone yet? Bc he just called me and said both him and his boss talked to you today. Ups has not picked up the package to start investigating and thy will start when they get. You are asking them to pay you out before you even let them begin. Let them do their investigation and they will figure it out
Old 02-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Launching!

Yeah I talked to them. Never did I ask for money, I specifically told "Mike" that I was not worried about the money. I want to find out who is at fault here.
I stated on post #59 UPS would be picking up the package on Monday.

If nothing gets resolved by the end of the week I will be making a claim to PayPal and my credit card company for theft.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:29 AM
Launching!

PRP International is a two man operation with no security cameras in the facility. So we will have no way to verify the package ever leaving there.

Last edited by Pollo432; 02-09-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

The dimensions of the box that was shipped was different than what you got or showed pics of. So he said ups will be going to the driver first, asking him about if that's the package that was dropped off, then from there they will be checking cameras and all that. So they are going to need a few days I'm sure
Old 02-09-2015, 12:00 PM
Launching!

I have gone ahead and called pay pal. They are also looking into it and started a claim.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ups driver was just contacted and he said how he remembers a small package that was 30lbs+ With a 5lb tag on it. The driver stated that he thinks the **** up is at ups. He said the box might have been damaged, and in the process of re boxing it, they might have put the wrong tag on the wrong box. They are going to re track where the life jackets were supposed to go and figure this out. So as of right now it shows fault with ups.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any update on this?
Old 02-20-2015, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

PayPal and ups are both doing an investigation and I still haven't heard back from them yet. Today I sent pay pal letters from the owner, person who shipped the converter, and the driver himself signed all saying that I shipped the converter and there was no life jackets at anytime involved. I also sent them the pictures of the the box that had a label ripped off and taped back on another box that did NOT match the dimensions of the box shipped. The buyer has also cut off contact with me and isn't responding to my text messages. I will keep you all updated as I find out more.

Like I said I'm a man of my word. I would never try to screw someone like this as I have been screwed in the past before. Let you all know asap
Old 02-23-2015, 02:56 PM
Launching!

No updates, I have not "cut off" contact with anybody. I own 2 business have 3 children and one started baseball so I have plenty on my plate. I have not recieved any infor from PayPal nor ups. I will call today and see if they have any updates.

Transamfreak- you wrote me 1 text prior to today which I did not reply to.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Looks like UPS managed to f things up.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/racer-s-l...t-my-item.html
Old 02-26-2015, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

FINAL UPDATE!!!! Pay pal released the funds to me because of reasons I will list below...

1) label that was shown in previous pictures was ripped off and taped on a new box
2) the dimensions of the box the CONVERTER was shipped in, did not match the dimensions of what buyer was shown
3) the guy who shipped it, owner of the company, AND the driver who physically came to pick up the box all stated to PayPal that there was NO life jackets involved and that a "heavy, red, car part is what was shipped." (They aren't car guys but can tell the difference between a converter and life jackets)

There is a few other small reasons but those are the main points pay pal brought up. So if the buyer is lying or not, I EXPECT him to post actual letters from ups to prove he is not lying and show ups fucked up

So now.... I hope the mods on here will delete all comments made by others, so that when someone reads this, they will see just the seller and buyers comments and not jump to conclusions before reading through as I took 3 pages of bashing and threats before I even knew about this.

Like I said before..... I have been on this site since 2006. I have NEVER scammed anyone. Sure my trader rating doesn't show 100 different things but that doesn't mean that's all I've ever sold/bought here. So thanks to the mod for informing me on this and I am just glad this is all over.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:16 PM
The Scammer Hammer

I'll clean up the thread in a bit once I get back on a computer (including this one)

Looks like the buyer didn't screw you, shipping did.

Personally I'd like to remove the thread in its entirety. It wasn't a seller problem. It was a shipping problem.

What say you?
Old 02-26-2015, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's totally fine with me. I just didn't want people to read all the **** comments before and only to see what we talked about. So if you want to remove it completely I'm fine with that too. If the buyer needs any help or information for ups I will gladly help. Thanks again for everything
Old 02-26-2015, 06:10 PM
The Scammer Hammer

I'll wait until POLLO432 chimes in, then I'll take it away to never-never-land.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Out of thread - dr_whigham

Last edited by dr_whigham; 02-28-2015 at 10:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Paid for a stall, received a box full of life jackets!!!