Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry Sand and Street Performance Wiring aka SSP wiring

Sand & Street Performance Engines, LLC
Sand and Street Performance
SSPWiring (ebay)
Steven M. Hiltner
Wife: Karen L. Hiltner
LS1 Performance Parts

www.SSPWIRING.com (Currently active and cheating people)
SSPWIRING (ebay username)

Business Address:
Sand & Street Performance
12741 Main Street
Mayer, AZ 86333
Phone: 928-632-4372 SHOP

Well I guess I should have done more reading on these guys before using them again. The first time was a fiasco and took forever to get the parts. I figured that they were going through growing pains and that I would give them one more chance. I sent in a specific list of things I wanted from them and after taking about 2 weeks longer than promised (have a specific time line to be done with this vehicle), I finally got the harness.......and it did not have the ECU that I NEED TO RUN THE VEHICLE!!! The previous time I paid $450/harness including ECU, show wrap, everything. They specifically told me that it would get cheaper the more we ordered from them. This time price was around $440. Looking at the invoice, the last harness was $375+ add ons, this one was $415 plus add ons. I thought ok, a little more expensive, cool! WRONG. They neglected to tell me that I was not getting the ECU that I needed and SPECIFICALLY requested in my order form.

I even specifically called up to make sure that they could load a 2000 Camaro file on the ECU after placing the order and Karen (order taker) stated that it would be no problem. The harness shows up and not only is there not a 2000 Camaro ECU loaded on the ECU, but there IS NO ECU. I called up and they basically said tough ****, you can buy an ecu, price went up and we neglected to add the ecu on your order. I explained that I paid almost EXACTLY what I paid for the previous harness that included the ECU and he just said well sorry, we forgot to add it to your order and our price went up. You didn't pay for it, you didn't get it, no harm done. Never mind that I now have to explain why this build that was supposed to be done a week ago is not getting done or the fact that I need to get a 2000 Camaro ECU and probably eat the cost since it was on the original parts request from Sand and Street.

So long story short, avoid these folks. Sand and Street screwed up, raised their price, neglected to tell me, and cost me money and a pissed off customer. Steve did not even try to offer any type of consolation or any attempt to make things right. At the cost that they would charge an individual (not a "dealer" like we were supposed to be) you could easily get other alternatives on the market. We have 5 more swaps lined up over the next 6 months....they will NOT be getting one of these harnesses. Oh and Steve, if you should read this, if your wife Karen is going to be taking technical orders, you might want to give her some basic knowledge....she really does not seem to have a clue.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Psi conversions best price and best service hands down.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

We are actually looking at them and a couple others or future use.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

They recently called the shop to demand payment for two harnesses that they'd shipped and paid for months ago. Sounded fishy. Their customer service sucks.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:46 AM
TECH Addict

As an update, wiring the harness was a pain for our customer (a 10 year automotive wiring guy). None of the colors matched anything in their instructions. When I approached them about this, they said I was making it all up. At that point I had the customer call them and they explained that they sometimes use different color wires than their instructions (what!?!) Which makes it almost impossible to wire without a pin out of the ecu and verifying each wire by toning it. None of these mismatched wires are labeled. He also promised the customer that he would send him a missing or incorrect pigtail which he (Steve) never sent.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow...anyone file a claim with the BBB?
Old 03-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Well with this being said, who all does everyone recommend? I looked at PSI Conversion and they seem very good but I would like to check out some other options as well.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by priest01ss
Well with this being said, who all does everyone recommend? I looked at PSI Conversion and they seem very good but I would like to check out some other options as well.
I have not used his harness...but i will be purchasing one in the near future. Look in the conversions forum...and do a search. Nothing but good stuff
Old 03-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

I have personally used S & S Performance on a few swaps (converting a factory harness to a standalone) and also recommended him to approx 3 other guy here in Vegas that have used him
We have a no problems, when we did have , what we thought was a issue on one swap, they were easy to get ahold of and very helpful, great customer service!
One buddy contacted them and they "walked him" through what was invloved, to make sure that he was getting eaxactly what he needed for his application

Here is their website: http://www.lsx-harness.com/index.html

hope this helps, Jeff
Old 04-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jwcarguy
I have personally used S & S Performance on a few swaps (converting a factory harness to a standalone) and also recommended him to approx 3 other guy here in Vegas that have used him
We have a no problems, when we did have , what we thought was a issue on one swap, they were easy to get ahold of and very helpful, great customer service!
One buddy contacted them and they "walked him" through what was invloved, to make sure that he was getting eaxactly what he needed for his application

Here is their website: http://www.lsx-harness.com/index.html

hope this helps, Jeff
I used his Todd's stuff on my conversion, good service. I was going to try SSP but to much bad feedback for me now.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Launching!

This sucks to hear man, but I'm not surprised... more and more businesses these days are becoming cut-throat. Honestly no matter what it is, no matter where I go or what I buy, customer service is HORRIBLE this day and age.

The only places I'm happy with buying from nowadays are WS6 store, BMR, and Summit.. Oh and 6LE has been great. I'll never go to a Firestone service shop again in my life. Even with places for everyday stuff the service is horrible, I.E. Walmart ect..

I just don't get what's going on these days. Nobody cares anymore.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 93z383
I just don't get what's going on these days. Nobody cares anymore.
TRUE THAT. I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm becoming an A-Hole that requires too much out of everybody...but I think I'm just trying to get decent quality service. It seems that, like you said, nobody cares anymore. Quality work/craftsmanship is almost extinct, respect and dignity are gone, pride in your work....LONG gone. Punctuality is a thing of the past (just got done waiting 10 weeks for a 4 week paint job on my harley).

What happened to just giving a **** about your fellow man? People want to get/take everything and give nothing.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by qc97z
TRUE THAT. I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm becoming an A-Hole that requires too much out of everybody...but I think I'm just trying to get decent quality service. It seems that, like you said, nobody cares anymore. Quality work/craftsmanship is almost extinct, respect and dignity are gone, pride in your work....LONG gone. Punctuality is a thing of the past (just got done waiting 10 weeks for a 4 week paint job on my harley).

What happened to just giving a **** about your fellow man? People want to get/take everything and give nothing.
I was wondering the exact same thing, lmao. Am I too critical or what?!? Of course I just expect what I ask and pay for. Oh and for a product to be correct and not have shoddy workmanship.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

John at PSI is great to deal with!
Old 05-27-2012, 05:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sarg
As an update, wiring the harness was a pain for our customer (a 10 year automotive wiring guy). None of the colors matched anything in their instructions.....None of these mismatched wires are labeled....
Same experience here. I order my harness with a fuse panel and explicitly ask if they they would label the wires and they said definitely. When I got the harness there were no labels, the colors they used in the harness versus the instructions weren't always the same. They also never have told me what tune they put on the ecm or which dbw pedal they sold me (it was supposed to be a vette pedal, but it's not). After several emails they provided some assistance, but the damage was already done. I asked and paid for one thing and got something totally different. Hopefully I won't have any issues when I try to start the engine.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:18 AM
TECH Addict

We are REALLY hoping so. We have three of their harnesses at this point. Only one has been gone through. I am scared to see what we will find when we go to use the other two. At least you got your pedals and ECU!! We didn't even get the ECU this last time. Packaging was a total joke and everything was falling out of the box when we got the harnesses. I just really hope that when we go to use the other two everything works.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by hatcher1986
John at PSI is great to deal with!
I have talked to them and I am impressed by what I heard...but then I was taken in by SSP at first as well, lol. Kinda gun shy at this point and we have just been using stock harnesses.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:28 PM
Launching!

do not deal with ssp wiring.if u r looking to get a harness or anything they will gladly take ur money at first and then its all down hill from there.u will never be able to get ahold of them about any questions of problems u may be having with a harness, all u get is his stupid wife that answers and has no clue what shes talking about...well just my 2cents ive been trying to talk with steve for while now and cant via email or calling she "takes" a message and thats it.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a SSP harness on my car. I bought it used but new from a member on here and it was a big headache dealing with them. I sent the harness back to have it wired up for mass air,ev1 connector.obd2 port and a fuse box. I was told I would have it back in 2 weeks. 9 weeks later I get my harness. It was missing the obd2 port that I requested and they said came with the harness. I had to call and leave multiple messages about wire colors that did not match the instructions. I eventually got it figured out and the car cranked right up. Now I have a short to bank 1 no injectors or spark. fuses/grounds/connections seemed good as I didnt touch anything. I told my self to buy a PSI harness over and over again and I got what I paid for...
Old 07-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Launching!

I live in AZ and it took them 2 and a half months to get my harness, ecu and coil extensions, wiring diagram is a joke, the labels they put on are falling off or fell off in transit, they were quick to take money but horrible on returning calls. I ended up emailing them and calling over and over at the shop until someone contacted me. This guy owned a performance shop in the valley and was a joke then too, I didnt find out this was the same person until after I placed my order. A local guy had him build a motor for his 96 impala SS and was all proud of the short block, took pics and posted them up but removed them once everyone pointed out the pistons were installed upside down, he parked another car under a car on a lift over night, car leaked brake fluid all over it and then he proceeded to blame the customer...there countless stories I could tell..

Quick Reply: Sand and Street Performance Wiring aka SSP wiring