Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

FBodyMotorsports.com - Will not use again.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down FBodyMotorsports.com - Will not use again.

Long story short:

4/7/05 - I order several things for my 1987 Z28, totaling $152.97 with shipping.

4/9/05 - My credit card it charged.

4/13/05 10:47pm -
Originally Posted by Me
Do you have a ballpark on when should I expect to recieve my parts?

No rush or anything, just wonderin'

Thanks alot!
4/15/05 9:30am -
Originally Posted by Them
I do not have access to order information. If you would please call the office at 704-494-0005 Monday - Friday from 9am - 5:00 pm someone will be happy to assist you with any questions or an order status.
5/3/05 7:54am -
Originally Posted by Me
It has almost been 1 MONTH since I ordered these parts. I have not received any emails regarding this order. I simply dont have time to call and talk about my order during the day, so PLEASE forward this email to someone that can either ship my parts, or refund my Credit Card.
No responce.

5/4/05 11:02pm -
Originally Posted by Me
This is my third and final email to you.

I have been waiting a MONTH for my parts to arrive, and have had NO contact from you whatsoever. I have more important things to do than worry about where some lights are for my thirdgen. If I recieve no response before midnight 5/6/05, I will call Bank of America and start on a credit card chargeback, and you will eat the 5% or so in credit card fees. All I wanted was an email saying that the parts were shipped, or waiting for them, or SOMETHING, but that is simply out of the question as you do not have "access" to order info. I am sorry if your buisness is so disorganised that you can not manage internet orders over the internet, but that isnt my problem, nor will I concern myself with it.

I am sorry that I am so blunt in this email, but I am waiting for those items to ship so that I can sell this car, and had I known that there would be a months delay, I would have never ordered them from you. Maybe on your site, you could mention that part orders could take weeks, or even months to ship out with no explaination, that would save lots of people (myself included) lots of time in not ordering parts from you.

If the parts have not shipped yet, and will not within the next few buisness days, please REFUND my credit card to save us all the paperwork that a chargeback entails. If the shoe was on the other foot, and I had the parts, and it was over a month later and I still hadn't payed you, you would be at the end of your rope as well, so I feel no remorse for asking for a refund.

Please leave a message on my cell, or email me before the date stated above.

Matthew *********
R**********2
A************5
Cell#: ***************
5/5/05 10:33am -
If you need to find the status of an order please call the office during business hours and someone will be happy to check on it for you. I do not have access to order information. I have 4 phone lines that are manned Monday - Friday from 9:00 - 5:00. We do close from about 12 - 1 for lunch.
5/5/05 6:11pm -
Originally Posted by Me
4 manned phones for 8 hours a day? That is 1920 man-minutes PER DAY that the phones have someone waiting to answer. How come out of those 1920 minutes, no one can spend 5 of them leaving me a message about my order? I suggest you figure out a way to let the owner of your shop see my emails, because my 5/6/05 date still stands. I WILL REVERSE THE CHARGES IF I GET NO VOICEMAIL. End of discussion. I dont owe you a call, you owe me one. You state ON YOUR INVOICE that if there is a delay, you will call, and you havent.

I called as soon as I could get free today, and with you being in EST I missed you by over an hour and a half. Which wouldnt be a problem if your voicemail was checked, but you clearly state it isnt. You know, you can buy a $20 box with a prerecorded message on it instead of wasting money on voicemail, which leads me to believe that the mail is checked, unless its something you dont want to deal with, then you just delete it and move on.

I can almost bet that the owner of the shop has a computer, or knows someone that does, or is within driving distance to a local library, so go ahead and forward my emails to him, and have him give me a jingle by midnight if he wants to keep my cash.

Again, as I stated before, I dont want you to look up my order info, I want you to ask the owner of the shop you work for for it. No need to look it up, he will have it. I dont need another reply from you stating you dont have any idea what goes on at the buisness you work at, Ive gotten 3 of those allready, and if thats what you are going to type out and send to me, dont bother, its not going to change anything.

And by the way, what CAN you do? What DO you have access to? Why even list an email on the site if it is USELESS?
5/5/05 6:21pm -
It is obvious that you are one of those people who like conflict. Please rebuttal the charges and be nice enough to give someone else the business. If you do not like my response then STOP emailing me. If you actually want a status then call the office during business hours. I hope you have a GREAT night.
5/5/05 6:30pm -
Originally Posted by Me
Well, it took you long enough to let me know that you dont seem to care about the shops finances. Now that that is out of the way, I will do a charge reverse and spend my money elsewhere.

And if by "like conflict" you mean, "wants the parts I paid for", then yes, I "like conflict".

Also, as an added bonus, I have been keeping tabs on all the emails to and from you guys with their time and date, and have posted them on ls1tech.com (link). Now you shops image is the same there as it is on thirdgen.com where you were kicked off as a paying sponser for bad customer service.

You have YOURSELF a great day as well.
5/5/05 9:27pm -
Originally Posted by Me
I have disputed the charges with Bank Of America, and Visa will be getting in touch with your company within a buisness week. I gave every email to and from me to the nice lady on the phone, and said under those circumstances that she was going to issue me a credit immediatly. I told her the same as I have told you, I want parts, or money, and hate to have to even call her about it, and she said "Buisness is buisness".

I will not recommend your company to anyone, and as you may allready know, the 38,929 LS1tech.com members will get to read about this transaction for years to come.

I wish that you had sent me my parts, and I could have been praising you in the same thread, but, buisness is buisness.

I will be taking you advice and not emailing you anymore, good suggestion!
Update:

5/6/05 8:18am -
I am sorry for the way that Stacey has been handling your order. Believe it or not, she is actually one of the owners. I will find the order myself. If we are missing some of the parts, would you like me to go ahead and ship what we got. If you have any questions please give me call. Once again I am very sorry.
Jay Cutshaw
5/6/05 1:24pm -
Originally Posted by Me
My credit card has allready been refunded by Bank of America.

Here is a link to every email: https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-trader-feedback/317031-fbodymotorsports-com-will-not-use-again.html#post2869971

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by glitch77; 05-06-2005 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Consolidation
Old 05-05-2005, 09:31 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a shame you got taken . They lost their sponsorship on www.thirdgen.org after the members there started a petition to remove them.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:12 PM
Launching!

roflmao. DAMN!!! And that's how you take care of that. It just sucks it had to get to that in the first place.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

Old 05-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Great post!! You just saved me a lot of heartache as I was just about to make a big purchase at FBody Motorsports.... whew!
Old 05-05-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PredatorZ
Great post!! You just saved me a lot of heartache as I was just about to make a big purchase at FBody Motorsports.... whew!
I hope it was worth their 5 minutes to not drop me a voicemail.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Well done, I aslo was planning on buying some things from them.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I do admit that things might have gone better if I would have called them (allright, no they wouldnt, but still), but like I told the Bank of America lady; reguardless of who should call who, its been a month and I dont have my parts.

Heres a few good reads:
http://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/show...hreadid=239443
http://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/show...hreadid=242429
http://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/show...hreadid=217871
Old 05-05-2005, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

well i'm glad i bought the custom LS1 motor mounts through spohn performance and not them. Their custom mounts are actually cheaper then fbodymotorsports too.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, I had a horrible experience with them as well. I ordered an SLP lid from them, they charged my card, I never heard back from them for about a week or so. I called asking when my lid would ship, they said a couple days. I call back well after a couple days, then they tell me all the lids are on backorder, and have been ever since they charged my card . And the owners wife, she needs to grow up, as name calling is childish!! I hung up after she began calling me names, due to my polite aggravation of having my card charged, being lied to, and no parts. Long story short, I told them to cancel the order (still on backorder) I get my refund back, guess what, they charge me a re-stocking fee. I called and spoke with a very nice employee, and eventually contacted the owner who promptly gave me my money back. To then I went to one of the great sponsors from here

I personally think, based on my experience, that the wife of the owner, is the ultimate cause of problems and lost business. I supported that site for a while, until it came time to order an IN STOCK item, that was secretly on back order.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just read your post, BOOYAH !!! Nice, nice way to shut them up, and down. The non-repeat business, and indefinte bad name will catch up with them.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

Sucks you got the run around by them. They are a local business and its always a hassel to deal with them b/c Roy is the only one that knows what he's doing over there. Even when dealing with him its a pain b/c he's being pulled in so many directions for help b/c of having the whole place on his shoulders. My worst time there was a day roy was at lunch and i went up there and asked one of a dozen people there if they had a spec stage 2 in stock. i could teach my dog to see if ones in stock, but for some reason they didn't know how to see if its in stock untill roy got back. Sure is a pathetic way to run a business, you made the right choice! -Jim
Old 05-06-2005, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got another email today, I updated the thread up top.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

lol, too late for affirmative action. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us would be suckers who where about to make some purchases through them. I for one, am very greatful, I was considering sourcing most of the parts I need for an M6 conversion from them.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

since i can relate to the subject, ill share my little story. I ordered some front fenders and a cowl panel for my camaro, in fiberglass, from UP22 out of Hesperia, California. On their site it said that i would get my parts in about 6 weeks including the time to make the stuff. Well, I placed my order in the beginning of February and haven't seen anything yet. I would always call to see if my order has been shipped out but the lady would always tell me that no one was there to check or she doesn't have the list of shipments or they're out on lunch, yada yada yada. Just a bunch of bs. So one day i call and she tells me the same stuff but this time my dad wanted to talk to her and when my dad starts to show some attitude, she tells HIM that someone ordered some camaro fenders and one was bad so they had to redo the mold and also redo all the fenders that were ordered which my set were apart of. Now, the part i didn't get is why couldn't she have told me that in the beginning. Lets just say it'll be the last time i order from them. sorry that this is long.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:27 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

69chevy, I made the tragic mistake of buying a hood from Unlimited Products(UP22) . Horrible gaps , the thing looked like they used corncobs for the mold and the worst gel coat ever. I will NEVER purchase ANYTHING from them ever again.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had a very similar experience, and almost identical to psyko's, It was a lid or maybe a CAI. But I emailed, got the run around, called got an 'I dont know' from some rude girl, I told her to give me someone that does, just so happens they where 'not in'. And it took if I recall almost a month to get it. I could have had it next day from TR. Live and learn I guess.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by badjuju342
69chevy, I made the tragic mistake of buying a hood from Unlimited Products(UP22) . Horrible gaps , the thing looked like they used corncobs for the mold and the worst gel coat ever. I will NEVER purchase ANYTHING from them ever again.
i hope its different with the fenders i ordered. i guess i really should've looked into it before i ordered from them, but then again, i have heard some good stuff about them. now im starting to wonder. well, the order has already been placed so i guess i just have to wait and see. hopefully it will be good.

Also, anyone ever hear anything good about Glassteks hoods? I am considering one of their cowl induction hoods and since a lot of fiberglass companies seem to be doing real bad, i just thought i would ask that way i know before hand. thanks in advance.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

When my cars done whenever on earth that is. Since they are so close to me and i dont have anything to tune with. I am thinking about useing them to do some intial ajustments on my PCM liek deleting a few things my car wont need until i can get it to the guy i want to actually TUNE it. If they dont make good of your situation REAL fast then let me know and i want use them for crap. I find the most creditable business to deal with is Thunder racing, BMR, and summit have ALWAYS done me right and will always be there. Dont have to worry about not getting what you paid for. Or the company going out of business, ect. Ask FbodyMotorsports if they are Bonded... If not then that usually means you might as well ordered something from earles storage shed.

Im am in the middle of trying to get $3,000 back for a motor i paid for but would never get from ape. The owner i think is a good guy and didnt mean for it to happen but i have to dispute it with my depit card monday to see if i can get my money back. Lesson learned, pay a little more from a company with a proved reputation. I know it make it harder for the smaller businesses who really mean well but igot screwed over dureing one of my biggest purchases and dont plan on it ever again.

Last edited by MakoLS1; 05-07-2005 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:40 PM
Teching In

I live less then five minutes from their shop.

I would drive hours to goto another shop that didn't even specialize in Fbodys just to avoid them.

They have NO clue whats going on there. I can't even figure out how they are still in business. My girlfriend drives a v6 Firebird and she wanted a little work done.. They just treated her like trash. I went up there and tried to complain.. no one even cared. The owners wife just looked at me like I was crazy.

I give them a -5/10.

Quick Reply: FBodyMotorsports.com - Will not use again.