Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Transaction with Tim99Ws6

Old 07-01-2005, 12:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Transaction with Tim99Ws6

I ordered a Hooker Cat-back off of him. Or so it was advertised as a CAT-BACK. All that showed up to my door was the over the axel pipe, muffler, and pipes coming out of the muffler -- no intermediate pipe from the cat to the over the axel peice. If I would have known all i was going to get was the rear section I would have spent no where near $250 on it seeing as how for $30 more I could have recieved the ENTIRE CAT-BACK through a dealer. It showed up a month late also going through a lot of **** with the mail. First mess up it went to IL and Tim said they had given his money to ship it back and he would give me $30 back which I haven't received also. Basically, Tim if you read this, keep the money if you like, appreciate if you'd give some back due to FALSE ADVERTISING! Once again could be a troublesome matter!

Toole
Old 07-01-2005, 01:06 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know Tim personally and this doesn't sound like him at all. Have you talked to him about this problem before you posted this?I'm quite sure he would work something out with you.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:35 AM
Staging Lane

ummm yea he told me he got money back from teh first **** up and he'd give some to me and i haven't gotten it. And as far as the intermediate pipe goes, he told me AFTER i recieved the rear section that he sold it to someone with the headers a while ago.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/316762-hooker-catback-w-custom-tips.html
^~~~ thread says nothing about it being gone, he never mentioned it to me until I brought it up a day after i recieved it.
If he doesn't want to give me some money back that's fine. I'm just saying for the other buyers to be aware of what they are buying. If I REALLY felt like being an *** i could bring up **** like False Advertising. It just pisses me off because i could have sent Summit $280 and had EVERYTHING and it would be NEW and supposidly the exhaust went to IL on accident, then came through my area and wasn't dropped off. The exhaust showed up a month later than origianally planned. I'm not trying to completely make Tim the bad guy, its more of a way to let buyers and sellers know what's goin on. Sellers need to post EVERYTHING that is or isn't coming with the purchased part and Buyers need to know to further prevent such instances like this to prevent pissed off customers and possible lawsuits.

Toole

Last edited by Black_95_Z28; 07-01-2005 at 01:50 AM.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:35 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Duly noted , sir.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is an interesting thread, considering that i called you the day you got the exhaust, as well as a follow up call, and IM's on instant messaging to make sure everything turned out ok. You're answer to me was, "yea it's cool" You even brought up the I-pipe when you got the exhaust, but never once mentioned asking for any money back or voiced a REAL problem. it was more like a small side note. you said your buddy was going to take care of it for you, and it was "not a big deal"......then here you are again slamming my name. Get a drift man, i've done all i can.

When this transaction became a problem, i took an active effort to talk to you personally on the phone daily to keep both you and I updated. Even then, i offered you NUMEROUS times to refund 100% of your money. You refused to do that, and said you wanted this exhaust. Those tips with my catback are almost $100 by themselves also btw.

Now, if you want some money back, and if it'll help you sleep better at night to know you got one over on me, you're welcome to pm me your paypal account that i've asked for numerous times and i'd be more than happy to paypal you the $20 that a straight piece of pipe is worth. maybe that will get you to stop trying to ruin my name. Are you just out to try and give me a stress breakdown????

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN DO TO MAKE YOU HAPPY.....

Tim
Old 07-01-2005, 12:06 PM
9 Second Club

also, Lt1's might be a little different, but we don't have a cat in the I-pipe, just a Y-merge collector and two cats up in the y-pipe to header area. I told you that it wouldn't be a direct fit, and you'd have to do some work to get it to fit on your car anyways, but you were confident that it wouldn't be a problem.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

That's fine. Once again, I do not care about the money Tim. As I said in the post before I'm not trying to make you into a bad guy. I was basically using this as a way to get buyers and sellers to post EVERYTHING that is or is not going to come along with the product. That is all there is to it. But I must say, you sure do remember the conversations well since i had never mentioned having to buy the intermediate pipe.

Toole
Old 07-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

Its not a problem...... the rear section is on fine. I am not pissed off at you Tim, actually I must say you did put in a valiunt effort to keep this going and keep me happy. I will give you that. Its because this isn't the first time I have bought something off of tech and its missing peices. That is what I'm tryin to get out.

Toole
Old 07-01-2005, 12:11 PM
9 Second Club

you shouldn't have to "buy an intermediate pipe". I was even using my stock I-pipe. It should have just met right up to your stock I-pipe man. That's what i dont understand. This shouldn't have even been a problem. Please gimme a paypal account, and let me know how much $$$ you want back dude. I don't wanna be/don't intend on being a bad guy. I will give you however much you think you need to offset your problems...
Old 07-01-2005, 12:14 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black_95_Z28
Its not a problem...... the rear section is on fine. I am not pissed off at you Tim, actually I must say you did put in a valiunt effort to keep this going and keep me happy. I will give you that. Its because this isn't the first time I have bought something off of tech and its missing peices. That is what I'm tryin to get out.

Toole

Well, thanks for the props. You and i both know this was a huge PITA!!! I was so happy to think it was all over, and then juju PM'd me about this thread. You have to understand when you post something here, others look here to see how safe it is to buy from someone else. This thread looks like i hustled you out of your money, when in reality it seems i'm not the sole person you've had problems with. Just be careful, this forum is a strong weapon/tool, and not something i want people to think i am untrustful.

AGAIN, PM ME WITH HOW MUCH MONEY YOU WANT, AND WHAT I CAN DO TO MAKE IT RIGHT
Old 07-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Now this is the Tim I know .
Old 07-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

Once again, I don't want the money. I could care less. Lastnight when I wrote this I was just in a generally pissed off mood. I'm not trying to make you into the bad guy, I realize that might be the way it came out but its not the purpose. I don't need money to offset my problems. I know people, one of my buddies owns a local speed shop. The purpose, once again, wasn't to rant all over you -- just re read the first post and it sounds like I was but it wasnt -- it was more to get buyers to tell sellers EVERYTHING like is it going to be cash, check, MO, when it was sent, ect. And sellers to post EVERYTHING like altornator without pulley. I'm sure most people wouldn't care that it was missing a pulley but it would be nice to know.

Toole

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transaction with Tim99Ws6