Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Timberwolf aka Mike Couey (Michigan resident) - Resolved

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 01:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Timberwolf aka Mike Couey (Michigan resident) - Resolved

This guy is frequently on the Camaroz28 boards. He has 4700 posts there and has ripped me off..

Where to begin...

I first noticed his thread on purchasing a set of heads, nothing was mentioned about the heads except they were 6.0l heads. Me being uneducated in the fact that there were iron heads asked if they were in good shape as I thought the price was good ($265 shipped).

I sent an email within 5 minutes of the post, sent the cash probably within an hour or two.. of course not rechecking the post as by then it was taken to PM.

I then received a pm the next week from a forum member (on the 10th).. whom I thank, that the 2000 heads are iron heads. After checking the thread they were in he was right. Unfortunately I didn't know the difference between the 2000 heads, but the thread did say 6.0. So I paid. No big deal, a misunderstanding.. although I do believe he purposely did this, it would still be my fault for not asking.

Fortunately for me, Timberwolf agrees in an AIM that he can see where there was a misunderstanding and he will refund my money (I have this saved on my computer). At this time he tells me he is not wal mart, but will refund my money as soon as possible when he is willing. I sympathize with his situation, and offer for him just to buy me a set of fuel rails to be shipping to futral motorsports for $160 when they were on sale.

The payment was sent on the 27th of april and cleared on the 3rd of may.

There's so much to say about this situation that it'll be hard to do. But the jist of it is this.

After agreeing to my refund I have sent about 20 instant messages with multiple promises of sending after he gets his insurance check.. Then after getting his insurance check he claims he will send it on Wednesday the third of August.

Keep in mind he has been giving me excuses on AIM, then on PM's on camaroz28.com and on here.. both boards..

Eventually he blocked me on AIM (logged on my girls account and he was logged online), and only answers my pm's sometimes.. I finally threatened him to send my money by this friday earlier this week.. using MY money to next day it or I would leave a post.. of course which he doesn't respond to.. even though hes logged on. I said just send $240 and use the $25 to next day it.. This was wednesday. I gave him until Friday.. and its now Saturday.. I assume he probably didn't even bother to read the email and is laughing right now.

His name is: Patrick Triemstra
email: gusdadog2002@yahoo.com

That is the only information I know about him. He has put SEVERAL cars for sale since then, and sold multiple items, and received an insurance check but could not send me my money.

If anybody wants any of the evidence or proof and has thought about dealing with this guy with his cars or what not, please send me an aim msg at dist0rtion69, or on pm.

Thanks,
Josh

P.S. This transaction took place here, but he wouldn't answer my pm's here so I went to the board hes most popular at (camaroz28.com).

Last edited by distortion_69; 08-20-2005 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:06 AM
11 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-trader-feedback/262289-paging-timberwolf.html

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204322

This guy has been in a couple of bad business deals.. again.. more reason to just please stay away from him.

Also after doing some searching looks like his name is Mike Couey? Donno who I paypal'd the money too.. either way.

FWIW: This guy is full of excuses.. I'll be very delighted to hear what hes gonna say.

Thanks,
Josh

Last edited by distortion_69; 08-20-2005 at 02:26 AM.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:59 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

He's been around a long time, and I agree this is taking too long. If he does not contact you by Monday I will contact him and a few MI people where he is from.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:22 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I think he's also very active on www.michiganspeed.com and might live either in Grand Rapids or Muskegon (MI).
Old 08-20-2005, 02:15 PM

You sent paypal, he sent nothing? Get your money back through paypal?
Old 08-20-2005, 02:26 PM
11 Second Club

It's been too long, unfortunately. There is a 30 day time limit from Paypal. He had 4700 posts so I trusted he would come through. He was pretty straight forward in saying he didn't have $265 just right then because he had spent it or what not. However, he has had the money, and even told me he would be sending it now.. and did not. I only wish I hadn't based a mans worth on his post count. Bad move.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 08-20-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

i sold a 94z28 to him a few years ago and he was fine to deal with in person....

the car had a few issues that i was upfront with him about and i sold it to him for 4200(which was a good deal, but i wouldn't have sold it for more than 5k in good conscience)......right after this he had it for sale for more than 3k more(over 7k) a few blocks away......not that there is anything wrong making some money, but it seemed a little shady to me, considering the circumstances at the time....

it didn't sell, i think he raced it for a while and then resold it....i loved that car
Old 08-22-2005, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Just as I did on CZ28.com, here's a TTT for you.

Mike has also screwed me previously, in early '03. I waited a full 3 months to receive an item I PayPal'd him for as soon as we agreed on a price, via AIM.

I, too, was blocked from his AIM list and had to find another way to contact him. He kept giving me excuse after excuse of why he couldn't ship the item. After finally receiving the item, it was not in the condition he advertised it was in, and it was not even complete! Had I been thinking, I would've just asked for a refund of my money.

Unfortunately, he has a number of "friends" on different boards who are quick to defend him, but I've been around CZ28.com for 6 years, and I know better.

Just like I've said on CZ28.com a couple of times...NEVER do business with Mike Couey (Timberwolf)!!

Eric
Old 08-22-2005, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

I recall a transaction taking a long time but eventually came to an agreement and dist0ortion's strange 12 bolt is getting the job done.....just saying, things take time, remember?
Old 08-22-2005, 11:36 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Email or PM him, and copy me, and if he does not get back to you we will sticky this thread for a couple of years.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:03 PM
Teching In

I just spoke with Mike, he doesn't have any internet access right now, he is in the process of moving. Said he should be back online in a couple of days.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by firebird355
I just spoke with Mike, he doesn't have any internet access right now, he is in the process of moving. Said he should be back online in a couple of days.
funny how you just registered and have 1 post... Mike?

Last edited by LS1_SS; 08-22-2005 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:12 PM
11 Second Club

Shon,

I think alot of the problem is that he blocked me on AIM, and has ignored my past pm's for the past few weeks. I am very patient, but a key thing with dealing with me.. as you know is communication.. I will let you know whatever it takes, so long as you keep in touch with me. Keep in mind he gave me excuses weekly for 2-3 months and I didn't care.. even offered to accept $80 less than the total amount to help him out. If you saw the pm's I have, you'd know I have been way past patient.

Thanks again for your transaction Shon. I did end up getting everything sorted out btw, and got all my parts back and managed to sell them here (under trader ratings, as you can see.. hehe)

Peace,
Josh
Old 08-22-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree, communication is key in all situations.
I am dealing with that too, sent money to an individual/company in April and have yet to see product....getting irritated to say the least!
Old 08-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1_SS
funny how you just registered and have 1 post... Mike?
He is from Michigan Speed as am I, this was posted there. He is not Mike, he is an 18 year old member of the club.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:49 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

He is not Mike? Who is he?
Old 08-22-2005, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

i made this mistake of dealing with this guy on camz28.com. long story short, i got EVERY excuse in the book till i made threats. received my $ 2-3 months after i had sent et streets.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Teching In

John, I saw your post over on MichiganSpeed.com so I thought I would stop in here. Firebird355 is Joel from the Flint area, he is a different person than Mike who used to live in Battle Creek, but just recently moved to a small town south of B.C. Scott9050 and I are both from the Kalamazoo area.

I will actually be over in your area this weekend as I am dropping my car off at LS1 Speed on Saturday morning to have some tuning done.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:12 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

We are talking about Timberwolf, is his name Mike Couey? I don't get your post.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
We are talking about Timberwolf, is his name Mike Couey? I don't get your post.
his post was referring to "firebird355"....LS1_SS intimated that firebird355 may be mike, and scott9050 was letting us know that firebird355 was someone other than mike(timberwolf).

Quick Reply: Timberwolf aka Mike Couey (Michigan resident) - Resolved