Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Need advice dealing with new seller

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Need advice dealing with new seller

I am interested in buying from a new member with no feedback, he also does not have any online references so to speak except with 8 feedback and a 100% good ratio as a buyer on ebay.........................
I do not have the ability to send him the $$ via paypal, the purchase is for $800..........................

I had him take a picture of the item with a piece of paper with my name on it next to it to prove he does have the item...................

What is my safest bet sending him $$$??

Cashiers Check??

Postal Money order???

I would send it registered signature required.........................

Does anyone have any advice to cover my *** the best I can besides a warning of not to do it????????????

Thanks in advance, if this isnt the proper forum I apoligize I didnt know where else to post it
Old 03-17-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Its fine to ask here, part of why this forum exists.

I'd say you are best off going with your gut instinct and holding out for someone who has a better track record. That is a fair amount of money to lose if he doesn't come through. Even PayPal couldn't cover this if there is no money in the account once you paid. Signature required isn't any help, UPS or FedEx would do that if you asked but there still is the question of getting a tracking number.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:43 PM
Staging Lane

Default safe transaction

the safest way that i've learned, put the money in your bank acct., have your PAYPAL ACCT set to withdraw the necessary funds from this acct. when you have a transaction . if something goes wrong, go back on your bank. your bank will put your money back in your acct. and get funds from PAYPAL instantly, otherwise PAYPAL starts at 30 days for you by yourself. spordee1
Old 03-17-2007, 06:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Not all banks honor that type of transaction.

Please read the rules of both your bank and PayPal before trying that sort of method.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd say escrow acct... I just them often b/c I dont have alot of feedback on here or on ebay... Never fails

DR
Old 03-19-2007, 03:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ATCFLYBOY02
I'd say escrow acct... I just them often b/c I dont have alot of feedback on here or on ebay... Never fails

DR
You may not have a lot of feedback but your post count is not under 100. Those are ones I would tend to be leary of with no trader rating at all.