Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Ripped off by "SHAARKY" Felix Martinez

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ripped off by "SHAARKY" Felix Martinez

6 Months ago on 11/8/07 I sold a set of used Meaux race ported AFR heads to Felix Martinez board name "Shaarky" for $1775 and I paid the shipping cost.......My screen name that I sold them under was AFRLS1 at that time... I had just previously bought these heads off LS1 tech member eairlier in 2006 and ran them on my 415ci motor for a few months and they worked great, motor was pulled out to prep for a twin turbo setup in my Z06.. These heads made to much compression for was I was trying to do so I put them up for sale along with my 415 motor.. Shaarky made me an offer to remove the heads from the 415 motor I accepted the offer and shipped them out to him... Several weeks after he had received the heads he calls me up saying he was concerned that there was Epoxy in a few of the intake ports, I then informed him that head porter himself "Larry Meaux Racing" told me that he made the heads that way and had to use the epoxy in a few ports just due to some core shift in those particular heads and it was very common, I gave Felix there phone number to call and verify this.. Which he did not. A few weeks went by and he told me that he took the heads to his machine shop and to have them checked out and there were problems, something about the valves being lose and the surface not being flat... So trying to make him happy we agreed through PM'S that I would refund him $200 back to due some repairs to the heads... I held up on my end and Refunded him the $200 around the first week in January 07'... After getting his refund about a week later Felix changes his mind on our agreement and demands a full refund for the heads.... Keep in mind at the time this was going on it was over 2 months after he orginally paid for them.. I refused to refund the rest of the money so shaarky make a post that I am a BAD SELLER and I am BANNED under screen name AFRLS1... Now 3 weeks ago Shaarky has his credit card company charge my account back the full amount of $1775... So now Sharrky has all of his money back and also still has a nice set of Futrul/ MEAUX AFR heads and I have nothing!!! NICE SCAM SHARRKY!!! SELLERS BEWARE!! This is what can happen............... The chargeback from the credit card company would have not been issued against me in the First place all I had to do was show them the details of our conversations we had in PM's concerning item decriptions and UPS TRACKING #'s ... But since the screen name was banned I had no access to my PM's, I sent several PM's and emails to LS1 TECH moderators GEARHEAD and Pro Stock John concerning this situation and asked for temporary access to my PM's to get the info but I was completey ignored...

Last edited by MrniceguyZ06; 04-01-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Addict

im on ur side there. thats messed up! he's the one who should be banned if it went the way you said. i hate people like that and thats why i dont buy or sell much on here. what goes around comes around though. have u contacted his credit car company about the deal or anything?
Old 04-01-2007, 04:09 PM
TECH Veteran

I believe you emailed/pm'd me a few times, the response was you'd have to take it up with Admin since they were the ones that banned you. I can't override that decision. This name will probably be banned as well once they see it is a guess.

One thing: Does it make sense a credit card company would issue a credit after spending 3 months investigating the transaction?
No.
Its tough enough to get a credit back on a straightforward transaction reported right away. That puts this thread into lockdown since the bandwagoneers can't seem to stay off.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Veteran

One more thing - how can we tell who is really scamming when you active a username that has been dormant since 2004? You could sell on the site per rules and no one would know what went down.

That is messed up and reason we tell people to watch for sellers who have under 50 posts with an old username - most likely they were banned under another very active name.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:05 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

James Boyd of FL, you were banned before for being a bad trader.