Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

How Long To You Give A Guy To Make A Situation Right?

Old 04-25-2007, 11:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How Long To You Give A Guy To Make A Situation Right?

[B]I was just wondering about the length of time needed to give someone to ship the items that have been paid for...Example being, you purchase something from a another member, pay in full, pay the 3% paypal fee, and give them your personal UPS account # and have them ship it to you at your cost....Would you say a week is plenty of time?..how about 2 weeks?....after that should you start the negative thread, or still give them the chance to do right?....just curious....I don't want to bash another member...i just want to do what's right and fair?..I know things come up, and **** happens, I've been there and have had to delay some things to be shipped, but I never cut off communication, or didn't reply to pm's just after i received one....Am I being unfair if I posted badly about this person if it's only been 12 days since payment was received and I was promised on 3 diff accasions, that they were being shipped, and I even supplied the free UPS account # to have them shipped? All you hae to do is box it up and call UPS and they'll come pick it up......Just Curious for imput....
Old 04-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Staging Lane

I would start a paypal dispute at least, don't you only have 30 days to do that? I may be thinking of something else...
Old 04-26-2007, 09:41 AM
TECH Junkie

12 days is way too long. I would threaten the paypal dispute before actually doing so. Bc im assuming you still want your parts? If you feel as though its been too long, then it has. I try to ship things the same day/next. One time I was extremely busy and it took a few more days. so I refunded it back and sent out the part. It was only $15, but I felt as though I took too long and felt bad about it.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:15 AM
11 Second Club

I appreciate the imput guys....The problem I have is that these are a new set off drag lites with the 7.5 back spacing...These are hard to come by, everytime summit says they'll ship on a date, it always gets on back order...The guy offered to refund me my money, but I want these wheels..He has had alot of excuses...I just don't know when to say enough is enough..I mean, I'm paying for shipping, 3% paypal fees, and gave new price for the wheels through summit..Guess I'm desperate hugh?..Should I asked for a partial refund and still wait on the wheels?
Old 04-26-2007, 01:10 PM
TECH Junkie

he prob wont do a partial refund+ wheels. I could prob talk him into it, but you seem a little too eager/desperate to get the wheels for him to even consider a partial refund. I'd get the refund(before the 30 days comes around) and look elsewhere. I dont think draglites are that hard to come by. I've seen some nice sets with tires for ~$500-600.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

if he has offered you a refund then I doubt he's cheating you...sounds like his provider just fell through, and he's offered your money back which is the best he can do. You can wait on the wheels, or get the refund. he doesn't owe you anything past that. He MIGHT let you add something to the order for a discount if you wait long enough, perhaps try something like that, but it sounds like this guy is doing all he can from the little bit I've read.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If its a company that your getting the wheels from then go ahead and stick with them aslong as they are communicating with you.Sometimes things go on backorder and there isnt much anybody can do at that point. If its a private seller and he says he has the wheels there then after 2 weeks and their still not sent then that is definitly grounds to be upset. At that point I would ask for my money back and if that person refused then I would just put in a dispute claim and everybody on this forum would know about that persons selling practices.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by EDS01SS
If its a company that your getting the wheels from then go ahead and stick with them aslong as they are communicating with you.Sometimes things go on backorder and there isnt much anybody can do at that point. If its a private seller and he says he has the wheels there then after 2 weeks and their still not sent then that is definitly grounds to be upset. At that point I would ask for my money back and if that person refused then I would just put in a dispute claim and everybody on this forum would know about that persons selling practices.
This is my point....It is an individual, not a company....nothing is on back order...The partial refund I was referring to was that I paid, for shipping, I paid the 3 % paypal, and I paid in full...He says if I wait a few more days, he might throw in some skinnies....I was thinking of knocking off 50 bucks or something along those lines...He did said he would refund my money...Like I said, it's hard to find 15x10 with 7.5 bs drag lites..I gave him my UPS account #...all you have to do is call and they will pick up...he has a good trader rating, I don'r want to ruin that, just trying to think of how long to give the guy to make it right...
Old 04-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Launching!

Yeah I understand where you're coming from- I paid a guy on here about a year ago for some t-top shades and it took him close to 3 weeks to ship them out. At one point he stopped responding to pm's so I had to start a "check your PM box post " to try to get his attention before I put him on blast in front of everybody here. That worked for me. Definetly frustrating though- the waiting isnt so bad as long as the individual is continously in communication with you. Good luck
Old 04-30-2007, 02:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Sometimes members have stuff come up like shops do that can cause delays. If you were offered a refund then I kinda doubt its a scam.

From what I could tell, the two of you were pretty impatient with each other on the order overall from start to end. There is always that to consider
Old 05-01-2007, 10:58 PM
11 Second Club

Wish I woulda taken the refund now.....I just got the wheels today..2 weeks and 2 days later...not as described, no center caps, now all I want is my money back

Last edited by getusum; 05-01-2007 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Sometimes members have stuff come up like shops do that can cause delays. If you were offered a refund then I kinda doubt its a scam.

From what I could tell, the two of you were pretty impatient with each other on the order overall from start to end. There is always that to consider
From the looks of it, it's a scam....I don't see how a guy can have the wheels and my money and he is allowed to be here?...Then when I tell people that the wheels are not as described(of couse with a few choice words) the thread gets deleted and I'm harrassing him......He should not be allowed to trade here....You tell me to call him, pm him, and communicate.....but when he doesn't I need your help.....

Last edited by getusum; 05-10-2007 at 10:04 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How Long To You Give A Guy To Make A Situation Right?