Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Beware Jason99T/A

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Beware Jason99T/A

I sent him $200 for some ASP pulleys/belts on 5/13/07. This guy is supposed to be a sponsor and hasn't responded to my PM's since 5/21. Had to file a Paypal claim.

Also looks like I'm not the only one having a problem with him.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/713153-back-stock-sale-fast-90mm-asp-pulley-etc.html
Old 05-28-2007, 10:55 PM

Count me in too. Sent him money for a strut tower bar around the same time. I received a PM from him last Tuesday saying that he had some food poisoning or something like that. I think a lot of people have heard excuses like that before. I have sent him a couple of PM's since then but haven't gotten a response. I thought for sure that he would have been good to buy from since he has over 5000 posts and also had nothing but good feedback in the past. Maybe something did come up but I doubt it. Has anyone on here personally dealt with Jason before?
Old 05-28-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You didn't even give the guy 2 weeks. You're just being impatient
Old 05-28-2007, 11:05 PM

I haven't filed a claim with paypal yet. I am going to give the guy some more time. Until reading this post I had been giving him the benefit of the doubt but now I see that others are in the same boat. I have sent him a few PM's with no response and he was active on this site tonight at 9:55 pm so we will see. Like I said in my previous post, it seems hard to believe that someone who has been here so long and nothing but good feedback would start ripping people off. Maybe something did happen. Time will tell.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 9silverbird8
You didn't even give the guy 2 weeks. You're just being impatient

Being impatient def has nothing to do with it. Where does it say we are supposed to give someone 2 weeks to get around to shipping something out? When you say you're going to buy something you promptly send the $. In turn the seller has a responsibility to promptly send out the goods.

He was paid on 5/13 and it's now 2 weeks later. He at first said he had food poisoning and was out from Sun - Thurs. Then he was supposed to have sent it out and on 5/22 and sent me a tracking #...but no word from him. Since then I've sent him several PM's and he has read them but chosen not to respond. That definitely tells me something is up.

Regardless it's obvious something is going on b/c there are now 2 other guys who have said they are in the same boat
Old 05-29-2007, 02:13 AM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya he read my pm's but did not respond im going to the bank tomorrow and rejecting payment
Old 05-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

We will follow-up with Jason. He really does not work here right now. He is attending college full time and pops in once every two weeks or so.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Reckless
We will follow-up with Jason. He really does not work here right now. He is attending college full time and pops in once every two weeks or so.
Thank you Todd
Old 05-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Banned

Guys, I know that Jason is out of the country this week on a vacation with his family in Europe. I would give him until next week to get back with you if possible. I'm sure the time just got away from him with getting ready for the trip, etc.

Angie
Old 05-29-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Got a PM from Jason's friend John today. He said Jason was out of the country but that his mom was checking his PM's and that's the reason for the read receipts.

John said he is going to take care of shipping the parts out this morning so hopefully we'll see some progress today.

I'll keep everyone updated.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just an FYI:

Jason's friend John sent me a PM with a UPS tracking #. He shipped it out next day air and included new belts for the pulley since he couldn't find the alternator pulley. Also said he'd take care of any other issues and left his screen name which is John@fms.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:32 PM
MASS seller approved

well what are they gonna do about the time wasted while he is on vacation?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:30 PM
I can shift faster than you.

Guys, I just got back home tonight and let me explain a few things.

First off, I'm sorry it's taken so long to get back with everyone. I have been without internet access for over a week now as I have been in Europe.

Second, let me explain the situation. I posted the parts for sale on 5/12 and mentioned in that post that all parts would be shipped out and the end of the following week (5/18). Everything was on schedule until I came down with food poisoning Thursday and honestly wasn't even feeling better until the Tuesday morning I left for Europe. It was at the point where I didn't know if I was even going to be able to make the trip. I sent everyone a PM explaining the situation with the illness and that all parts would ship out at the beginning of that week. John (John@FMS) was to take care of this for me, as I would be out of the country. He did his best to get everything taken care of. Ultimately, it is my responsibility to make sure that this was take care of as you sent me your money for the listed parts. After talking with John today, I am under the impression that all the parts were shipped out and everyone has a tracking #. If this is not the case, please let me know. You can either have your money back or those parts will be shipped tomorrow, next day for delivery for Thursday. I do think everyone is taken care of though.

Finally, I have been on this site and others for over 8 years and have sold probably close to $20k in parts over that time without ANY issues. I can totally understand everyone's frustration. The probably was lack of communication on my part (being without internet access put a hinder on that part), but it still rest of my shoulders that the parts were not delivered sooner. I have no desire or intention to rip anyone off. I have been around way to long and I'm sure many people will vouch for me in this respect.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 05-29-2007, 11:35 PM
MASS seller approved

i still want my refund
Old 05-29-2007, 11:47 PM
I can shift faster than you.

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
i still want my refund
You money has been refunded via paypal!

Thanks,
Jason
Old 05-30-2007, 07:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jason99T/A
Guys, I just got back home tonight and let me explain a few things.

First off, I'm sorry it's taken so long to get back with everyone. I have been without internet access for over a week now as I have been in Europe.

Second, let me explain the situation. I posted the parts for sale on 5/12 and mentioned in that post that all parts would be shipped out and the end of the following week (5/18). Everything was on schedule until I came down with food poisoning Thursday and honestly wasn't even feeling better until the Tuesday morning I left for Europe. It was at the point where I didn't know if I was even going to be able to make the trip. I sent everyone a PM explaining the situation with the illness and that all parts would ship out at the beginning of that week. John (John@FMS) was to take care of this for me, as I would be out of the country. He did his best to get everything taken care of. Ultimately, it is my responsibility to make sure that this was take care of as you sent me your money for the listed parts. After talking with John today, I am under the impression that all the parts were shipped out and everyone has a tracking #. If this is not the case, please let me know. You can either have your money back or those parts will be shipped tomorrow, next day for delivery for Thursday. I do think everyone is taken care of though.

Finally, I have been on this site and others for over 8 years and have sold probably close to $20k in parts over that time without ANY issues. I can totally understand everyone's frustration. The probably was lack of communication on my part (being without internet access put a hinder on that part), but it still rest of my shoulders that the parts were not delivered sooner. I have no desire or intention to rip anyone off. I have been around way to long and I'm sure many people will vouch for me in this respect.

Thanks,
Jason
Thanks for taking care of the situation Jason.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:11 PM
MASS seller approved

Originally Posted by Jason99T/A
You money has been refunded via paypal!

Thanks,
Jason
refund is still pending?
Old 05-30-2007, 08:13 PM
10 Second Club

well what are they gonna do about the time wasted while he is on vacation?
nature of the beast buying used parts. If you want guaranteed shipping pay full price from a shop.

bet your be glad to get rid of that guy jason. Plenty of other people out there will want the parts. Anyone that knows you also knows that your a stand up guy.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Veteran

refund is still pending?
Paypal (and other banking institutions) typically put a hold on a refund until they have the money in their account. It can take up to 5 business days.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

I can vouch for Jason.bought parts from him before even though awhile back.I would buy parts from him again if he has what I need.btw Im in the middle of the ocean Hon,Hawaii.

Quick Reply: Beware Jason99T/A