Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Im gettin ripped off....

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im gettin ripped off....

whats up everyone! i need to vent and couldnt find where to do it and looking for some advice. ok im pretty new to ls1 tech been here for a couple months and already someone on here is trying to rip me off. i bought some jet hot longtubes and y for someone on this forum almost a month ago and still have not received them. now i understand people are busy but it doesnt take this long 2 ship something. i paid through pay pal back on june 18 it took till june 23 to clear so im not bitching about that but its been 2 and a half weeks since it cleared and still nothing. i have contacted the seller many times asking him whats goin on and all he says is he sent them i should be getting them soon. he told me that he contacted the post office and they said shipping is behind cause of the holiday (4 of july). now just the other day he told me that he couldnt ship them together cause the post office or however he sent them through wouldnt let him so ill get the headers first then the y pipe a few days later. i have asked him for the tracking numer 2 days ago but he still hasnt sent that to me either. if he sent them all the times he said the why is he changing his story? now im gettin real pissed. ive already disputed it through pay pal but what else should i do? i have asked him for my money back but nothing. its pretty messed up someone on here would do this to a newbie. this makes we want to never buy anything on here again. im sick of being nice and want to post who he is on here. what shoul i do? any help and advice would be appreciated.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:30 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Thats not right at all, newbie or not. Whoever the seller is should take just as much care of buyers as the Vendors do. Seller,hurry up and send him his tracking number.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Resident

give me directions to where he lives, i can colllect jk....but sereiousely thts pretty lame
Old 07-12-2008, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

shitty dude. seller step up an explain yourself...before we kick yer ***!
Old 07-12-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Resident

Who's the seller? Maybe he'll respond if word gets out that he's done someone wrong. I shipped a few things before and after the fourth to members on this site and they receive the stuff long ago. I don't really buy the shipping delays excuse because of the 4th of July, maybe if it was around Christmas when everyone is shipping stuff, but not the 4th.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blkbird2kta
any help and advice would be appreciated.
The first step would be to post this in the right section.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-trader-feedback-48/
Old 07-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Staging Lane

ok i posted it in the right section thanks. i couldnt find that earlier.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

oh yah forgot to say. i know the holiday stuff is crap cause i ordered an hid conversion on the 4 and received them yesterday. no problem at all.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

one problem is you cant get tracking numbers through the post office, only confirmation numbers. When using paypal the best thing to do is use a CC and not an echeck. That way you have some sort of protection against **** like this. You can open a dispute case with paypal but the kicker is even if they find he ripped you off the only thing they can do is sieze his account and turn over any funds that are there. But, if he has already withdrawn the funds you are basically SOL. I wish you luck and hopefully this guy gets off his *** and communicates with you.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Ntimid8r7
one problem is you cant get tracking numbers through the post office.
USPS does offer tracking numbers. I've received shipments with tracking numbers. There is a link on the top right of www.usps.gov.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^that is just a confirmation number. It lets you know if it has been received by the post office and does not tell you where it is.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Although not as comprehensive as UPS or FedEx tracking, it is still a rudimentary tracking system. I remember it being more than just a confirmation, but not as detailed as UPS or FedEx.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blkbird2kta
this makes we want to never buy anything on here again.
There are ******** in every site, so don't be discouraged by this event so that you don't want to do business with anyone on here.

Hopefully you'll either get your money back or the items you paid.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

I had the same thing happen, I bought a ws6 hood off a guy on here and 2 months later I finally got it. These things are hard to ship and costs money to do right so I think the high cost of shipping coupled with having to find boxes big enough makes people put off shipping out of laziness and inconvienience. Hang in there youll get it.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

i messaged him last monday and he still hasnt responded back so screw it his name on here is 1SickWS6. i have already posted this with his name in it but im doin it in here also. thanks for all the support guys.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Launching!

does his avatar have a pic of a som ws6 with black wheels from a side view? if it is you need to get that money back asap. do an advanced search and put his name in the the search criteria. if it is who i am thinking of the guy is a joke and you need to make sure you get that money back form paypal before its too late.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Staging Lane

i got the longtubes today but no y pipe. he said ill get them a few days later. we will see.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

copy from another post I made on another thread-

lol I didnt even know this thread was created until now!! Oh well, I had a delay in shipment.. Headers and Y pipe are in the buyers hands Sorry it took a little longer then expected, but I have also been getting packages a little late myself. Why didnt you post up that you received everything that you paid for?

Message sent to me in PM 2 days ago from blkbird2kta:

"just wanted to let you know i got the y pipe. i got the longtubes on monday. i know ive been a pain but i was just scared i was getting ripped off. thanks."
Old 07-18-2008, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by VIP1
Although not as comprehensive as UPS or FedEx tracking, it is still a rudimentary tracking system. I remember it being more than just a confirmation, but not as detailed as UPS or FedEx.
nope. thats just a delivery confirmation. not a tracking #.
it really means nothing....i deal with usps daily at work, should see how many issues we run into....clients think that number is a tracking # as well..
Old 07-18-2008, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ thank you.

Quick Reply: Im gettin ripped off....