Angry Avoid Wolfgang427

BAD Trader

Wolfgang427
Email: wolfgang427@verizon.net
Wolfgang Varela
39-b east edsall blvd.
palisades park, NJ 07650
United States

I purchased a monsoon headunit from him last week. Before I purchased it he emailed me all kinds of pictures verifying it was a real monsoon. When it arrived at my house I opened it and it was a regular Delco cd player. Not a monsoon. I immediately sent him a PM telling him this is not what he sold me. He said that the one I was supposed to get was broken and he sent me this one in its place. He also said I could return it if I wanted. Instead of shipping something I didn't want he should have sent me a PM/email that the one he was going to sell me was broken and refunded my money. Instead I got something I didn't want. I told some of my friends who were experienced with buying from people on the internet and they said I should file a dispute on paypal to cover my ***. I wasn't going to trust this guy again unless I knew a third party was involved. Then I get an email from paypal stating

Your seller has chosen to escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim.

the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods.

It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
refund.
Discouraged from this whole mess I figure maybe I can deal with looking a delco faceplate. So I install the radio and 85% of the lights are burnt out. So then I immediately sent wolfgang427 a PM stating that the lights in the radio don't work and I want a full refund.

Ls1speedaddict
I wasn't sure if I could trust you, after all you did send me a different radio without notifying me or asking my permission. This afternoon I decided just for the hell of it to try out the cd player, I thought maybe I could get over it not saying monsoon. It worked as you said it would but 85% of the buttons are burnt out when you turn your lights on. So there is no way I could consider keeping this. Would I would like from you is to paypal me my $115 back and then I will send you the radio back.
Wolfgang427
Oh, I see now I'm supposed to trust you when you went behind my back and made a dispute without telling me. I had offered you a refund before and yet you went behind my back and filled a dispute, now I'm supposed to trust you? Good luck pal, I'm threw with you now. I don't care what you you do with the radio and your dispute. Don't bother contacting me again because your on my ignore list now.
Now I'm stuck with a radio I didn't want that I now have to replace all the lights in.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, Wolfgang427, you put someone on an ignore list and expect something to go away? Be a man and own up and refund the transaction! If you're a honest enough, you should take it back nomatter what he claims because when it gets down to the elements, YOU didn't stand up to your side of the deal and send the product advertised and switched it out on your own accord. You should have atleast contacted the buyer to notify him of you wanting to swap it out and I would think that someone selling something over here would TEST something BEFORE putting it up for sale and not after the sale has been made.

So what, he filed for a claim, did it hurt you? Maybe your feelings got hurt a bit, but he was trying to be safe himself because there's too many scammers out there. He filed a dispute because just incase he shipped it back and YOU didn't return the money as promised ... and from your message back to him, I'd personally say that you sound like one too.

Many of us in the east coast know Shawn personally and he's def. not hurting financially and even then, definitely not the kinda person to try to con someone into parts/money. All he's asking for is a honest transaction and up till now, you haven't lived up to it.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what he said

+ 1 refund + pain and suffering.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Teching In

Wolfgang427 you should never have substituted a different radio in the first place. He bought a monsoon, not a delco. You wouldn't be in this situation if you had just done what you said you would. You should give the man his money back. And if this is how you do bussiness you may add me and probably everyone else on ls1tech to your ignore list as well.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:14 AM
11 Second Club

So since you're on the ignore list, I PM'd him with the link to the thread in the feedback forum ... I'm sure I'll get on his "ignore" list too ... lol

Last edited by Mean Green z28; 09-13-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:50 AM
Teching In

"Bait and Switch" = my "DO NOT BY FROM" list.
looks like a scammer.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It sucks that you cant trust people, and that someone would ruin there reputation over $115.00. Scammer is just another word for THIEF!
Old 09-13-2008, 05:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give LS1speedaddict his mony back.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Junkie

What kind of transaction is that Wolfgang427???
Old 09-13-2008, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

You need to be a man & refund his money, your pissed because he filed a claim, why shouldn't he, he gave you money on good faith & you send him a different piece, then claim the piece he paid for was broken (after the fact you got his money), then you expect him to TRUST YOU & send the Delco back for a refund after YOU lied to him, "NO WAY", so he filed a claim, i would have too, you lied to him in the first place & took his money, why should he trust you, now your trying to make him out to be the bad guy, very poor ethics on your part.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:50 PM
8 Second Club

Latest update, I posted a rating summary stating basically what I did in this post and he responded with this:

Wolfgang427
Sold him a radio/CD for his car, then files a claim to paypal to get his money back and keep the radio/CD with not even telling me about it(had to learn of it thru Paypal). Let me see, his trader-rating -100%(con-artist) Paypal rating, unverified -0. Paypal quickly closed the case in my favor, enough said, don't deal with this loser period.
This was my first time ever using paypal and I told him that straight up. Maybe that was my mistake. And why the **** would I want to keep a broken radio. Now I had to buy $25 in leds to fix it and I have to spend countless hours soldering them. Yea Im a real con artist.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:47 PM
TECH Regular

Did you use a credit card or your bank account to paypal him? If CC, file a dispute with your CC company.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Guys, if you aren't involved in this transaction, stay out of the thread.

Which means, there should only be two folks in here unless your name is green.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by cyphur

Problem is Wolfgang is acting Shady and not posting here. Instead he's twisting the truth and posting bad rep. for Shawn. I say he either posts here and dukes it out or BAN! lol
Old 09-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cyphur

Then there would only be 1 person posting here because the real con artist is to much a loser to face this issue. You NEVER change up a product on someone, Period! Wolfgang is a crackhead
Old 09-16-2008, 07:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I would strongly urge wolfgang to refund the money to Shawn...Hey Shawn, do you want me to make a few well placed calls? I may have a few friends up there who wouldnt mind paying him a visit and taking him out in bracelets...

--Alan
Old 09-16-2008, 09:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ABA383
I would strongly urge wolfgang to refund the money to Shawn...Hey Shawn, do you want me to make a few well placed calls? I may have a few friends up there who wouldnt mind paying him a visit and taking him out in bracelets...

--Alan
Lol ... always throwing around your power, huh Al?
Old 09-16-2008, 09:54 AM
Launching!

I've known LS1SpeedAddict for years and he is not a theif. Nor does he need to be. The man earns a respectable living.

I'm posting up to back the man's character. Something that seems to be lacking in this transaction.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mean Green z28
Lol ... always throwing around your power, huh Al?
I only use it for good...

--Alan
Old 09-16-2008, 04:47 PM
8 Second Club

Thanks guys, I don't understand how he can defend himself in his trader rating summary and call me the scammer but he cant defend himself and support his bullshit in this thread.

Mods I agree with the above suggestion that if he cant post in here he should be banned. I don't want to see this happen again to another member.

Quick Reply: Avoid Wolfgang427