Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge hook-up

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge hook-up

Hey guys, need some advice. I just installed a new dual gauge pod in my 01 T/A, but have a question for my last step. I hooked up a tranny temp gauge and an oil pressure gauge, both Autometer Pro-Comps. Need some help with the oil pressure gauge. I have the Autometer pressure sender and am not sure where to hook it up. Seen some guys get an adapter and go into the factory spot on the back of the manifold but I am wanting to use the auxilary port by the oil filter. I removed the two bolts and the small metal piece that has an unthreaded hole in it. Here is my question. The factory hole does not go all the way through the peice (looks like a good spot for a temp gauge not a pressure gauge). Do I drill it out, tap it and put the pressure gauge here or will that not work. Have not found any direct awnsers on the web.........HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Banned

You really need to learn to use the search here, I've explained this to two people in the past week.

That hole you see is the correct size to tap it with a 1/8" NPT tap.
All you have to do is drill it out 1/8" to 3/16" to connect that hole to the other side so it will read pressure, tap it, clean it, install the sender, reinstall that part above the oil filter.

I attached a pic of mine, it was actually a pic of engine mounts but you can see the sender in it.

Last edited by 9000th01ss; 03-18-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Banned

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...auge-help.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...il-filter.html
Old 02-02-2009, 12:23 AM
Staging Lane

Smile

Sorry, I had searched and just ahd not found a direct answer. Thanks for your help, that was the question I needed answered!! Off to the garage to finish up.

Quick Reply: Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge hook-up