Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel system woes!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel system woes!?!?

Trying to get this 02ss back up and running and its showing 100psi at the fuel rails so i climbed under the car to see what was up. The regulator right by the tank is bypassed,there is a booster pump hanging there with nothing attached, a factory fuel hard line attached to the tank but dangling??? How was this setup stock? Is it a return style system? How does the stock regulator hook up? What lines are what? AHHHHHRRR!! Any pics online of a stock fuel system?
Old 01-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I can tell is is that only 2 hard lines go up to the rail, right before the rail they turn into soft lines, for the rail and emissions related item. The system is returnless but can be change into a return style system and thus a FP regulartor can truely be used.

I do not have any handy pics but this should give you a start.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What exactly are the two hardlines for? I originally assumed a fuel line and a return line but if its a non return that logic is faulty i believe?
Old 01-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had to replace the hard to fuel rail lines which is sold as a set and cost me 70$ Garage pricing. Due to a broken lock off the fuel rail. The 2nd line went to some small canister that sits nexts to the intake. I think it is sensor related. My car is not here so I cant snap any pics. If I can get to the car tommorrow, I will see what I can do.