New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 or Fast EFI

Old 03-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 or Fast EFI

Just wanted to get some opinions before jumping into anything. I have an 86 SS Monte W/383 and 200R4 W/ 373 gears. I want to either put an LS1 in or change over to the Fast EZ EFI? The car runs very strong but gas mileage is killing me. So I'm thinking of either doing a swap to LS1 and keeping my transmission I have or going to the Fast system? The fast system would be the easiest and cheapest @ 2000.00 and take a day to complete. But not really sure how much mileage I would gain?? Would swapping to a LS1 be more feasible even with a much higher cost involved? I’ve been reading a lot here on the swap and the only part that has me worried is the wiring?? Electrical and I are not friends so not to sure I want to go this route. Has anyone here used the Fast system before and have any input? Or should I go full Monte and do a LS swap?? HELP
Old 03-29-2010, 03:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would go with the LS1 swap but that's just me i'm sure painless could help you out with the wiring. If they can't i'm sure you can find wiring off a wrecked Fbody of off the motor that you will be getting, also just upgrade to a T56 if you are worried about MPG's.

Sway

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS1 or Fast EFI