New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight motor

Old 04-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question headlight motor

well its me again lol. from having an lt1 formula i know those headlight motors can get bad. well the passenger headlight motor is bad on my 02 trans am. also everytime i use the keyless entry the lights go up and down. when i replace the headlight motor will that problem be fixed? And is it much trouble to changing the headlight motor looks a little more complicated then my 95 formula headlight set up.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lt1formula275
well its me again lol. from having an lt1 formula i know those headlight motors can get bad. well the passenger headlight motor is bad on my 02 trans am. also everytime i use the keyless entry the lights go up and down. when i replace the headlight motor will that problem be fixed? And is it much trouble to changing the headlight motor looks a little more complicated then my 95 formula headlight set up.
The headlights go up and down because of the bad motor (gear), this will be fixed after you fix the headlight motor (gear). I keep saying gear because you can save yourself some big bucks by just replacing the gear inside the headlight motor, as that is the only thing that wears out because its a useless plastic gear.

Here is a ton of info, as well as where you can buy a replacement brass gear. There is also a link to a video install on that website:
http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headl...tm#MetalGuide2
Old 04-01-2010, 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by udienow
The headlights go up and down because of the bad motor (gear), this will be fixed after you fix the headlight motor (gear). I keep saying gear because you can save yourself some big bucks by just replacing the gear inside the headlight motor, as that is the only thing that wears out because its a useless plastic gear.

Here is a ton of info, as well as where you can buy a replacement brass gear. There is also a link to a video install on that website:
http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headl...tm#MetalGuide2

The best fix is to replace the gear with a bronze one but you can flip the plastic gear in there now over 180* and just use the part not stripped out.....
Old 04-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys should be a quick and easy job to do.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: headlight motor