Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good cam set up?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good cam set up?

heres my plan. to get a texas sped 224R cam and a set of springs and slam it in before the end of the school year ( senior year of high school) pac standard single behivee springs or comp cam single behivee. now i know that there are/were problems with the 918 springs but havent heard they they are trust worthy now or not. im thinking about getting this cam package. comes with Your Choice of Camshaft, Beehive Valve Springs, and Hardened Chromoly Pushrods for 589.99 not sure if its worth 40 plus bucks for new push rods or not. its $544.00 with just cam and springs seperate. Thanks for your input
Old 05-13-2010, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Push rods are a MUST, IMO.

You'll be fine with either. The springs have been fixed for a while and it wouldnt surprise me one bit if many of the failures were from not checking the spring pressures during assembly.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TooLateVTEC
Push rods are a MUST, IMO.

You'll be fine with either. The springs have been fixed for a while and it wouldnt surprise me one bit if many of the failures were from not checking the spring pressures during assembly.
x1
pushrods are not an option there a must have item. no problem here with my 918's either. if your figuring cost,then dont forget gaskets,fluids,new oil pump,new timing set,tune,and it would be a great time to get an underdriven crank pulley since youll be taking the stock one off anyway.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:29 AM

224 is the best overall cam there is imo. I would just go ahead and pull the heads off and have them milled down since you're going that far. It's easier to swap springs.