Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some advice for a setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default need some advice for a setup

so i own a 2000 b4c the car is mint i have always wanted a trans am since ive owned a 98 firebird and a 02 w68 y87 firebird. but i ran a 12.7 bone stock in my camaro so i know its worth it to build it up. as of right now the car has 85,000 miles but like i said it runs mint. my goals for the car is for it to run low elevens but still have it as my daily driver also i want the car to remain n/a. as of right now i have pacesetter headers summitt x pipe and borla xr1 mufflers. so what would some of you recommend for a set up for me knowing that i want to run low 11's, have it as my daily driver and have it remain n/a? also when recommending please include certain companies or what has worked well for you.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

any ideas?
Old 06-03-2010, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ws6store.com for all my parts, best shipping and top notch customer service.

For internal work maybe texas-speed seems like cool guys. Youre gonna need at least a cam, prolly some spray and tires.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TImmy_Jones
ws6store.com for all my parts, best shipping and top notch customer service.

For internal work maybe texas-speed seems like cool guys. Youre gonna need at least a cam, prolly some spray and tires.
im asking pretty much what should i go with parts wise that would help me get low elevens and remain streetable
Old 06-03-2010, 04:55 PM
11 Second Club

You have your Major Credit Cards ready??? I dont think anyone can really give you a grocery list of what to buy in order to do what you want. Some people have gone low 11s with little to nothing, and others have redone Everything. All in the build, really. Check out my fquick link in my sig. You can see the list of mods i have and get somewhat of an idea. Current set up has taken me to 11.7 N/A. With better rear and trans, I believe i could get lower. It's gonna be very pricey, especially doing it N/A. Looking at your future mods, go with a Nick Williams TB instead of FAST. FAST has had problems in the past with their's sticking. The heads and cam combo will depend on each other. Give thunder racing a call and they can set up. They matched my combo up very well, IMO. But you definitely need suspension parts. try to go with all Adj LCAs, PHB, and torque arm. You dont have to have 4l80, you can build the l60 to take you there. Hell, mine is stock, except for a converter, deep pan, and cooler. You'll need a new rearend if you want to keep the car Dependable.... the 10 bolt will go 11s, but for how long is never known. While you're at it, I'd go ahead and replace the rod bolts in the motor as well. They are the weak link, and supposedly can only handle around 500-550 hp. You'll be knocking on those numbers when you reach low 11s. Start with suspension..... its not the "FUN" parts we like to start with, but if you cant get the power to the ground, then it's money wasted on the power.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YURVIEW
You have your Major Credit Cards ready??? I dont think anyone can really give you a grocery list of what to buy in order to do what you want. Some people have gone low 11s with little to nothing, and others have redone Everything. All in the build, really. Check out my fquick link in my sig. You can see the list of mods i have and get somewhat of an idea. Current set up has taken me to 11.7 N/A. With better rear and trans, I believe i could get lower. It's gonna be very pricey, especially doing it N/A. Looking at your future mods, go with a Nick Williams TB instead of FAST. FAST has had problems in the past with their's sticking. The heads and cam combo will depend on each other. Give thunder racing a call and they can set up. They matched my combo up very well, IMO. But you definitely need suspension parts. try to go with all Adj LCAs, PHB, and torque arm. You dont have to have 4l80, you can build the l60 to take you there. Hell, mine is stock, except for a converter, deep pan, and cooler. You'll need a new rearend if you want to keep the car Dependable.... the 10 bolt will go 11s, but for how long is never known. While you're at it, I'd go ahead and replace the rod bolts in the motor as well. They are the weak link, and supposedly can only handle around 500-550 hp. You'll be knocking on those numbers when you reach low 11s. Start with suspension..... its not the "FUN" parts we like to start with, but if you cant get the power to the ground, then it's money wasted on the power.

very good advice thank you!
Old 06-03-2010, 10:29 PM
11 Second Club

found some great Stickies for you (and me for that matter) in the Gen III section
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...heads-cam.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-can-done.html

here is the sticky if you want to browse it
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-me-first.html