New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

head and cam on 98 trans am

Old 06-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head and cam on 98 trans am

I have a 98 trans am with slp loudmouth1, bassani y pipe, bbk shorties, bbk 85mm TB, SLP Lid and mass air flow sensor, ls6 intake manifold, and 3.73's. Im looking for a good head and cam package that is good on the street. Im looking at getting ls6 2.5 heads from tsp and the torquer v3 cam. Along with that ill be getting a ls6 ported oil pump a ls2 timing chain, and a 3300 stall. Is this a good setup for my trans am? Im open to any sugestions. Thanks!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

You'll be choking that heads/cam setup through those shorties, Id concentrate on getting some LT's first. Good choice though on the heads/cam . I was looking at those heads w/ a 224 cam.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's a good combo as well but the BBK headers will be fairly restrictive on that aggressive of a combo. We would probably do a little smaller custom grind if you are looking to keep them or if you want to go to a LT header pretty quick you can get by with this combo until you get them. You just won't see the full potential of what this heads/cam combo will produce.

Jon
Old 06-16-2010, 09:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
I think it's a good combo as well but the BBK headers will be fairly restrictive on that aggressive of a combo. We would probably do a little smaller custom grind if you are looking to keep them or if you want to go to a LT header pretty quick you can get by with this combo until you get them. You just won't see the full potential of what this heads/cam combo will produce.

Jon
Jon,
I talked to just a couple of days ago. I called you from afghanastan. I will be talking to you in person before to long. I leave this country in a few days and should be in amarillo in a month or so. I really want this set up. So ill probably have you throw on a set of longtubes when i get the rest of this stuff on. Thanks for the advice.....If you can think of anything else I would appriciate it. Thanks!!!!! Noel
Old 06-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
You'll be choking that heads/cam setup through those shorties, Id concentrate on getting some LT's first. Good choice though on the heads/cam . I was looking at those heads w/ a 224 cam.
Thanks for the advice. I bought those shorties before I even thought about doing head and cam package. Im going to get some longtubes at the time of the install. What kind of rear wheel hp do you think i would be looking at? Thanks!!
Old 06-16-2010, 07:24 PM
12 Second Club

380 to 400 rwhp with mentioned setup.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: head and cam on 98 trans am