Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 Z28 bogging

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 01:10 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 99 Z28 bogging

Wasn't sure where to put this so I just put it in here.

Ok the issue is, lately whenever I try to do a burnout in my 99 z m6 it just bogs down. The tires aren't super sticky, they are goodyear aqua style tread (IIRC) and still have a decent amount of tread left BUT I used to be able to do smokey burnouts with no issues and that was before I had put my new 02 sensor in and fixed all the leaks in my headers and exhaust. I did do a decent one a couple weeks ago and it lit the tires up with ease and was doing great.

Yes I searched this and alot have forgot to turn off the ASR, now here's my issue....I read somewhere (on here I believe) on a fbody based site and it said any car that had cruise control didnt get ASR/TC...my car has cruise control (although it doesn't work) AND it had a blank switch plate for the spot ASR/TC would be in however when I pulled off the dash peice to pull out my HU and the harness for ASR/TC is there. I know this is the correct one because I freind gave me the fog/ASR switches from his old fbody and the ASR switch plugged right into the harness. It didn't light up or show anything on the gauge cluster to suggest the switch affected anything.

My routine for burnouts are consistent- Rev to 3.5k-4.5k and drop the clutch so I know thats not the reason. As far as plugs and such, plugs aren't even 2wks old, it is throwing a code but thats for my gutted cats which I were gutted last time I had a good burnout with no bog so they shouldn't effect it?

Just looking for help/ information here guys, Thanks.
RR

Last edited by Revoroller; 06-19-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:05 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You heard wrong about having cruise control means no ASR. My SS has both.

There is only one wire harness so that's why your car (and all non-ASR cars) has the connection behind the bezel. And by just plugging in the switch does not mean you have it now. You're still missing everything to make it work...ABS ring gears on each axle...traction control unit by the battery...etc...

Just because your code from lack of cats does not mean you do not have any other codes. First step is to scan your car and see if any other codes are present, then report back. And if your car seems to rev fine and drives "ok" I bet your clutch is going.

~ Craig
Old 06-19-2010, 07:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, not enough info to give an honest opinion. My 2000 T/A had both also.You don't smell the clutch when you do the burnout do you??
Old 06-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope no smell hinting that the clutch is going out. I've been meaning to go use the scanner at oreilly's just haven't had the time. I'll try to go by there today. Thanks guys.