New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Were WS6 Trans am's available in automatic?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Were WS6 Trans am's available in automatic?

The reason I'm asking is that I read that the " 6 " in WS6 stands for 6 speed manual. And I am looking at this one trans am that they advertise as a WS6, but it is automatic, and it does not have the WS6 Performance Package emblem on the back, but it does have the ram air hood, and the WS6 wheels.

So I was wondering if it is just a normal trans am that has the hood and wheels added. And if you want to take a look at it, the auto trader ID is AT-10C662C2.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scythiefy
The reason I'm asking is that I read that the " 6 " in WS6 stands for 6 speed manual. And I am looking at this one trans am that they advertise as a WS6, but it is automatic, and it does not have the WS6 Performance Package emblem on the back, but it does have the ram air hood, and the WS6 wheels.

So I was wondering if it is just a normal trans am that has the hood and wheels added. And if you want to take a look at it, the auto trader ID is AT-10C662C2.

Thanks in advance.
The car looks a little rough. THe 6 in WS6 has nothing to do with it being a six speed, so to answer your question yes they made many many cars in auto's that were true WS6's. The wheels look correct on the car with the correct center cap. The easiest way to tell if it is real or not is to open the driver door look at the RPO sticker and see if it has WS6, if it does its real.. If not its a fake.. What is the little blue thing just forward of the shifter in the center of the little pontiac symbol? Just make sure the car didnt used to have a nitrous kit on it or something.. Its also got camaro seats in it. Maybe someone else can answer if the seats wthout the airbolsters were still an option in 01, I thought in 01 nad 02 all the T/A's got the seats with lumbar support..
Old 06-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SOM02WS6
The car looks a little rough. THe 6 in WS6 has nothing to do with it being a six speed, so to answer your question yes they made many many cars in auto's that were true WS6's. The wheels look correct on the car with the correct center cap. The easiest way to tell if it is real or not is to open the driver door look at the RPO sticker and see if it has WS6, if it does its real.. If not its a fake.. What is the little blue thing just forward of the shifter in the center of the little pontiac symbol? Just make sure the car didnt used to have a nitrous kit on it or something.. Its also got camaro seats in it. Maybe someone else can answer if the seats wthout the airbolsters were still an option in 01, I thought in 01 nad 02 all the T/A's got the seats with lumbar support..
Thanks for the reply,

Yeah I was wondering what that blue thing was also. And if it has camaro seats... That's odd to say the least.

Anyone else have any input?
Old 06-22-2010, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Inflateable seats are optional.

Ran the VIN on Compnine, this car is a real WS6.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by eseibel67
Inflateable seats are optional.

Ran the VIN on Compnine, this car is a real WS6.
Okay thanks, now the main thing I'm worried about is that blue button. If it was nitrous, that probably hurt the motor/transmission/other internals. But the asking is $9,995 not $10,995. But still... That dang button lol
Old 06-22-2010, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

It looks like it just needs a little love, nothing more. And I highly doubt thats a nitrous button, looks nothing like one i've ever seen but I could be wrong. Make sure to test drive, check for fluid leaks/ticks and the usual. Inspect the mystery button up close and in person.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slightly off topic, but i've had people tell me that the "6" in WS6 means 6 cylinder LOL
Old 06-23-2010, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nemesis350
slightly off topic, but i've had people tell me that the "6" in ws6 means 6 cylinder lol
haha!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

Is it actually a button? I looks like it could be some sort of audio jack.
Also, they are NOT Camaro seats, simply Firebird seats without lumbar support.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mbrownin
Is it actually a button? I looks like it could be some sort of audio jack.
Also, they are NOT Camaro seats, simply Firebird seats without lumbar support.
It does kinda look like an audio jack... I may have to check it out. The thing is, I'm 2 hours away

Quick Reply: Were WS6 Trans am's available in automatic?