Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Bumper License Plate? 1998 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Bumper License Plate? 1998 Trans Am

Is the plastic mold on the front bumper of my trans am removable? I want to put my license plate there but I don't want to drill holes right over it.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:12 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes it is, there are two torx head screws inside the top gap
Old 07-14-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28/2002
Yes it is, there are two torx head screws inside the top gap
Two Torx screw in the 'bottom' gap.
Get a flashlight & look in there.
The top has the tabs that slip 'up' into slotted openings.
So, remove the screw, then pull out from the lower area & down to remove the stock Phoenix bird insert.

That is, ..., if you are referring to this type of front plate insert shown below.
Attached Thumbnails Front Bumper License Plate? 1998 Trans Am-100_6693.jpg  

Last edited by PontiacFan; 07-14-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

why ur state is picking on u about no front plate.i been stopped once from a state trooper`.I think its redicules dat they can chase u for no front plate.I wasn't really even speeding.I was 7mph over.he told me he would not put that on the ticket.i was just keeping up with traffic.None the regular cops even brother me.I had cops say how nice my car is and stuff and not one word about no plate on front.It is expensive though.150 or something.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattn
I wasn't really even speeding.I was 7mph over.
Not wanting to get off topic, ..., but you just contradicted yourself.
You were speeding. Black & White. No gray area there.
And it sounds like you were knowingly breaking the law with 'no front plate'.
No matter how it looks with or without a plate.
Oh well, that's a completely different thread argument, ..., re-route, ...,
Old 07-14-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hideaway license plate
Old 07-14-2010, 02:16 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the correction PontiacFan

It's been a LONG time since I've had mine off or even looked that close at it
Old 07-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Default Thanks!

Thanks Pontiac Fan : )
Old 01-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Wink No Front License Plate

Hi. Well, I finally got caught not having my front license plate on. I purchased my 2002 TransAm 11/2002, got busted 1/2012....10 years no plate. I've been in an accident, not my fault, cop was there, didn't say one word about my plate. Then I had a friend remark to me "I can't believe you don't have a license plate on"..blah, blah. Then her husband comes out of the house and she goes on and on with him about my front plate..blah, blah. I told her about the accident I had and the cop didn't say one thing about the plate. Sooo, now I'm paranoid because of her. So two weeks later, I'm driving down a road, it has an island in the middle separating the two-way traffic. I see two cops sitting on their motorcyles under the trees, and I'm thinking (being paranoid because of my friend)...please don't look at me (yeah, right, in a red car). Well, low and behold, the friggin light changes to red, and I'm the first car at the light, I'm thinking "oh ****" they're gonna get me...thinking, don't look at them and maybe they wouldn't notice me. Well, my thinking didn't work. Light turned green, slow on acceleration, passed them (didn't look at them)...and ****, one pulled me over. Had to pull in the right lane and try to figure out where to pull my car into due to the traffic. Pulled into apt. driveway...thinking what kind of story I can tell him about the front license plate not being on. So, he get's out and the whole time I'm thinking about "my story"....So, he says to me, did you know that you have an expired inspection sticker! Not ONE friggin word about my plate. Well, 4 days ago, I got busted for no front license plate, this time the cop, who's young and been on the force for 2 years, gave me a "warning ticket". I told him the reason I didn't have my plate on was because it ruined the looked of the front of my car...and he laughed. Personally, I think he pulled me over was because he saw a girl driving a nice red transAm, but he was young and I am older than him. But, anyway, I do not want to put my plate on...so I have a story all ready for the next stop. BTW, ticket in my little community in Texas for no front plate is $115.00. I'll take the chance. But what kills me is that the accident, and the motorcyle cops, and the cop that gave me the warning, were all in the same town. Next time I'm stopped, I'm going to tell them that I have to pay someone to take the nose off and I don't have the money, but will do it soon, blah..blah. If I get a ticket..so be it, then I'll FINALLY put my front plate on.

Quick Reply: Front Bumper License Plate? 1998 Trans Am