Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum / Emissions Layout? 02 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vacuum / Emissions Layout? 02 Camaro SS

I did a search on vacuum diagrams and similar, but the pictures seemed to have more than what I have left on the pullout (trying to see if I am going to need to buy something ). Here is what's left from the pullout for "open" or unused vacuum lines so far. Do they just need to go to a vacuum source or does anyone have a good diagram that'd show me how to hook these up? Engine is going in tonight and I want to get it running by tomorrow if possible Thanks!

I am also figuring out some of the left over connections from my harness:

Coolant temp?

Is this a FREE MOD people do? I found a diagram on here showing this was the shift skip plug or something, but my pullout came with it already plugged/capped?
Old 07-14-2010, 05:39 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First pic on the left is for the fuel system, it hooks to the line that goes back to the tank

Pic on the right is for the A.I.R. system

Third is for the coolant sensor that someone relocated to the water pump

The last one is the CAGS delete, or also know as the Skip Shift Bypass
Old 07-14-2010, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z28/2002
First pic on the left is for the fuel system, it hooks to the line that goes back to the tank

Third is for the coolant sensor that someone relocated to the water pump

The last one is the CAGS delete, or also know as the Skip Shift Bypass
And its as simple as that... thank you so much! Engine went in tonight, so time to start doing the tedious stuff
Old 07-15-2010, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z28/2002
Also I am guessing I need to just remove the AIR system as I don't have a pump or any of the other components that go with it? Someone suggested a 1 3/8 freeze plug and some hose caps? The ECU already has the codes tuned out, just trying to make sure its not anymore involved than that
Old 07-18-2010, 04:42 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You would need the freeze plug to delete the EGR; if you have the LS6 intake you won't need it. Since the codes are already deleted you can remove the AIR crap. If you are running stock manifolds then you'll need to buy or make block off plates for them.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

Thanks again for all the help. On the black solenoid up top do I just run that to the EVAP line or whatever the line is called that runs to the tank? Or can I just delete that and put a breather on the line? I plan on starting it up tonight so I am just getting my ducks in a row. Thanks again for all the help!
Old 07-29-2010, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

Sorry one more question... If that piece in the water pump is a coolant sensor, what is the one in the head? When I installed the LTHs I had to remove a coolant sensor on the driver side I thought (at the front)? Was this just for wiring up a separate temp gauge or something you think?

Last edited by RS777; 07-29-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RS777
Sorry one more question... If that piece in the water pump is a coolant sensor, what is the one in the head? When I installed the LTHs I had to remove a coolant sensor on the driver side I thought (at the front)? Was this just for wiring up a separate temp gauge or something you think?
I won't guess why it's there, but it was added to the water pump post production. The coolant sensor in the head is what you need to use.

Also, since it has not been elaborated on, the first picture is the EVAP solenoid. The vent/vapor line from the EVAP canister was connected there. The way it is worded above makes it sound like the fuel return line.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 5.3LJimmy
I won't guess why it's there, but it was added to the water pump post production. The coolant sensor in the head is what you need to use.

Also, since it has not been elaborated on, the first picture is the EVAP solenoid. The vent/vapor line from the EVAP canister was connected there. The way it is worded above makes it sound like the fuel return line.
Gotcha, I will just leave the sensor alone then. I pulled the evap stuff off (capped it on the TB) and will just run a breather or something on the line back at the tank or something... thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: Vacuum / Emissions Layout? 02 Camaro SS