Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Please help!

UGH! I'm pulling my hair out over this guys. OK so I went to the track last weekend and my times SUCKED so I decided to go ahead and start with some maintenance so I went ahead and changed the oil, serviced the transmission, and replaced the fuel filter which turned out to still be the stock one and the car had 60k miles on it when I purchased it and now has 72k so needless to say it was NASTY. Well before that I noticed my A/F ratio was going towards lean alot and I thought this might help solve that issue along with running some fuel system cleaner through it. Now the cleaner is all out and the new filter is in and it's still wanting to jump to the lean side sometimes mainly when at an idle or just coasting with my foot off the break. At the track I just seemed to be loosing all my top end power and would really love any and all advice guys thanks. Car and mods are as follows:

2000 SLP SS Camaro A4 72k miles
Hooker Comp LT Headers
ORY
Lid w/ K&N Filter
Port and polished TB
Vengeance Racing tune
SLP LM1 Cat-Back

(Also I have only ran 93 octane fuel in the car since purchased and the previous owner claimed he did the same)
Old 07-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

The lean AFRs are normal at idle an decel. I would check timing while at WOT & for knock retard. Also check fuel pressure.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how are you checking a/f? what were your times?
Old 08-03-2010, 12:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Have you ever raced before? If it was your first time out then I'd say you may need to run a few more times... What was your R/T?... 60 ft?

It's hot as **** outside here in GA. If I'm not mistaken it was 112 with the heat index the weekend of the 24th & 25th. That'll slow you down... combined with a really dirty airfilter... that would have a signifigant effect on times... Gotta remember, alot of air has to be pulled throught the filter at the top end so it's going to suffer more at higher RPM's. That's a start. Really need to know what you ran in order to offer more.