Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust running question

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 05:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default exhaust running question

ive ran a lot of custom exhausts on my own and friends trucks/cars before and all and i was lookin at running true duals on my 2000 trans am, was wonderin if anyone has done it and how they ran it and were it came out at, i have LTs and i was gunna just run straight pipe 3inch and have it cut out at 45 degree angles in front of the rear tires on each side, and depending on how loud it is add a muffler of some sort in there, any one done this or suggest a reason not to or something already has no cats so, minus noise level no offense
Old 08-06-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check the true duals sticky its full of useful info. everyone is running true duals here lol am doing mine too gonna start 2moro hopefully gd luck with urz.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ToxicWS6
ive ran a lot of custom exhausts on my own and friends trucks/cars before and all and i was lookin at running true duals on my 2000 trans am, was wonderin if anyone has done it and how they ran it and were it came out at, i have LTs and i was gunna just run straight pipe 3inch and have it cut out at 45 degree angles in front of the rear tires on each side, and depending on how loud it is add a muffler of some sort in there, any one done this or suggest a reason not to or something already has no cats so, minus noise level no offense
Not sure what kit your looking at but thunder racing sells a pretty nice kit. They dump right over the axel. they do hang really low so you may face clearance issues, but so far we havent had any issues with ours. The only reason that I would say dont do it is if you dont like loud exhaust. Its a Bad *** sounding exhaust, but reallly does sound like open headers and does **** off the neighbors when you come strolling home at midnight
Old 08-07-2010, 09:21 AM
^^^^x1 Registered User

I got true duals n there dump right befor the rear end. Sound Great man. I got a comp cam 230 232 591 595 114.more like for nitruse not loaud or quiet. So it all depends what cam u running also.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ToxicWS6
i have LTs and i was gunna just run straight pipe 3inch and have it cut out at 45 degree angles in front of the rear tires on each side,
I'm not sure how hard it would be since you're exiting in front of the rear tires, but you should try and connect the two exhaust pipes so you have either an H-pipe or an X-pipe.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:01 PM
TECH Resident

ight cool thanks, i plan on doin a custom run exhaust by gettin straight pipe then 45 degree elbows and then just tips, all that only costs like $100 and just measure and cut and slide it all together, keeping whats on there and sliding it all of to not ruin it and if i like my new one ill sell it all and get some money back