Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heads install pro opinion

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heads install pro opinion

so i ordered a new set of heads for my 98 ls1. just wondering should i take the task myself and try to install these or should i send it to a shop and take the bite of the money to put these bad boys on... i know there is alot of timing and adjusting involved with installing heads... mainly because if i screw it up i pay for it but if a shop screws it up they pay for it... opinions please? Or possibly tips
Old 09-09-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

heads really aren't that hard to install. seriously. You can do it, you shouldn't have to mess with the timing chain or anything, unless you are changing the cam. Are the heads coming assembled? Just take your time, and you'll be fine. Here is a link with directions, have fun

http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=3
Old 09-09-2010, 01:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have all the normal hand tools and a good mechanical understanding, I would go for it. You might have to rent a tool or two or borrow something from a buddy but it isn't as bad as it looks. Check out the link posted above and if it looks like something you can handle, go for it!

Jon
Old 09-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Staging Lane

welll um... i think ima do this myself any tips that you guys might have that you have ran into and or didnt think about when you where doing it ?