Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Storing Your Car

Old 01-27-2004, 11:16 AM
NKAWTG...N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Storing Your Car

Couldn't figure out where to put it so here it goes:

I've got the 35th in the garage, went to start it up (first time in about 2 months), everything fine, car sounds beautiful as usual. But I noticed I left the parking brake up. which is better, to store you car in gear (m6) or our of gear with the brake, or both? My logic is couldn't the brake pads get stuck or something if you leave them there for a while?
Old 01-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Teching In

I store my 98 SS in the winter I leave it in gear and no parking brake start it up at least every two weeks. Never had a problem.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:41 AM
10 Second Club

I would not use my parking brake... just put in gear and maybe put some chaulks under the wheels. Also start it atleast every two weeks or so.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:33 PM
Teching In

I think putting some chaulks under the wheels would be your best bet, because then you don't take a chance on putting any strain on any part of the car while it is being stored.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

Depending on how long you plan on storing it,if for a long time put the car up on jackstands first,leave brake off,out of gear.If storing for extremely long time drain fluids and replace with new fluids and additives made for storing.Try to keep it started several times every week or so.Also depending on the climate in your area,you will want to apply WD-40 or such to your rotors to keep rust from forming as quickly,just make sure to brake clean them before use.If you plan on storing for longer than six months or so there is other procedures to follow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Storing Your Car